Starfield [XBSX|S, PC, XGP]

Don't forget FOV fix for console.

I wonder if Bethesda playtesters were all professional or something?

Nobody (or only 1 dude?) in playtest got nausea due to the claustrophobic fov?

This is my day 3 of having headache after the nausea went away a few minutes after I stopped playing starfield.

Last time I got something like this was when I play with 3dof VR years ago.
I don't think I have ever gotten sick from the fov in a flat game ?

wait a sec...

this could means starfield on xbox series can be modded with larger FOV! as AFAIK xbox retail mode does provide access to my document. assuming the game does look for files in my document....

EDIT:
wait wait wait. if this graphic config also get syncd into the cloud, then theoretically, modded FoV on PC, would transfer to Xbox.

gotta try this after work :D :D :D

I don't think I have ever gotten sick from the fov in a flat game ?

Really low fov can do this in fps games. 90 degrees horizontal is about as low as you’d want to go, but 103 is what overwatch, CS and Valorant use for good reason. Apex is default around 105.

Starfield is 75, which is very low, but more common on console, especially on old games like Halo 1, 2, 3 which are around 70-75. To me low fov is a relic of a much shittier console era.

I've played 15 hours since launch and just got to level 10 today. I don't play these games to actively level, I just do what I find interesting and earn some xp during it.
Same. 30+ hours at level 15. Levelling does slow after ten at which point, depending in you have a desire to use particular skills, you may feel more motivated to make an effort to increase your level. Stealth was important enough to me that I make an effort to level that to tier 4.

Certainly compared to Fallout 4, the amount of XP your received for kills and crafting is tiny. I've yet to get more than 1XP for modding weapons.

Can you use mods on console yet?
Not yet. Bethesda opened up registrations for Starfield's CreationKit (CK) a couple of months ahead of launch. I registered for it, but have yet to be given access to it. So until CK is widely deployed, there can be not console mods. If I recall correctly, Fallout 4 got mods around six months after launch, but that was the first Bethesda game to have mods on console. Starfield may get mods much sooner.

Even on PC, I tend to prefer official CK mods and only resort to NexusMods for mods that are unavailable in the office mod system. I am currently running completely un-modded on my PC run.

2023 everyone. I'm gonna bow out and play it over winter and see how it's evolved.

I'd wager that litrally non of that stuff in the TikTok comparison will change. It would barely impact the tiniest % of player time with the game or enjoyment either.

The one exception is that I think they've confirmed Greg Louganis space diving missions are being added in patch 1.08.56. You can only win gold in the space diving Olympics if you bang your head.

Last edited:
I'm really confused.
I thought Starfield is not for me, because i have Ryzen 2700 and Vega56, so no next gen system. I also have no interest to play a shooter at 30fps.
But i could not resist and have tried it regardless.
It runs very well at low or medium settings. I feel it's 60fps most of the time. I play from HDD, so it often gets stuck for loading, but i won't complain.
I have played only half an hour, till those pirates land and shoot.

Then i had to stop. Because i realized they call me a 'she'. Seems i have changed my player model to male, but i forgot to change the gender before that page.
So now i am a girl in a body of a man. How great.
I will never learn what people love about RPGs. Now i have to start from scratch, lol.

Now i have read an article on DSOG. Ranting, and quoting Todd Howard having said 'You may need to upgrade your PC'. But no - i don't need to upgrade. It runs fine and looks like a good job.
DSOG also claims reducing gfx settings does not help much with perf. But no - it does make a big difference. I can throttle it down to 30fps if i want, i just don't notice any visual improvements. I'm fine with medium.
I decided to keep the game.

This is not the first time i'm happy with a game which has the reputation of being too demanding or poorly optimized.
What's going on here? Are people just used to rant and criticize, so they do not even need a reason anymore?

I'm also sorry for console gamers. Surely with gfx options it could be 60fps and many people would prefer that.
But i'll see. Maybe it gets demanding only later in the game...

Not yet. Bethesda opened up registrations for Starfield's CreationKit (CK) a couple of months ahead of launch. I registered for it, but have yet to be given access to it. So until CK is widely deployed, there can be not console mods. If I recall correctly, Fallout 4 got mods around six months after launch, but that was the first Bethesda game to have mods on console. Starfield may get mods much sooner.

Even on PC, I tend to prefer official CK mods and only resort to NexusMods for mods that are unavailable in the office mod system. I am currently running completely un-modded on my PC run.
I just hope they opened hooks folders on Xbox. So like minecraft, people on Xbox can simply copy paste the mods themselves.

Yes, mods like custom shades for minecraft runs on Xbox just fine.

Or just hook to my documents or download folder...

Edit:

Btw anyone have the directory structure for the windows store version and what's the app name identifier thingy?

I want to try something like this but with starfield folder

Edit
LOL I forgot that I have the game on pc and it has been downloaded. Will check it out tomorrow

Last edited:
I'm really confused.
I thought Starfield is not for me, because i have Ryzen 2700 and Vega56, so no next gen system. I also have no interest to play a shooter at 30fps.
It runs very well at low or medium settings. I feel it's 60fps most of the time. I play from HDD, so it often gets stuck for loading, but i won't complain.

Then i had to stop. Because i realized they call me a 'she'. Seems i have changed my player model to male, but i forgot to change the gender before that page.
I will never learn what people love about RPGs. Now i have to start from scratch, lol.

Now i have read an article on DSOG. Ranting, and quoting Todd Howard having said 'You may need to upgrade your PC'. But no - i don't need to upgrade. It runs fine and looks like a good job.
DSOG also claims reducing gfx settings does not help much with perf. But no - it does make a big difference. I can throttle it down to 30fps if i want, i just don't notice any visual improvements. I'm fine with medium.

This is not the first time i'm happy with a game which has the reputation of being too demanding or poorly optimized.
What's going on here? Are people just used to rant and criticize, so they do not even need a reason anymore?

I'm also sorry for console gamers. Surely with gfx options it could be 60fps and many people would prefer that.
It runs fine on my 3070 with the detected settings as well.

I thought there was a way to change character settings in the game. I recall during the character setup it said I could change it later in the game if I wanted to

I thought there was a way to change character settings in the game. I recall during the character setup it said I could change it later in the game if I wanted to
You can go to Enhance shops in the major cities and change your character in any way.

I recall during the character setup it said I could change it later in the game if I wanted to
Yeah, but maybe i can't change the gender. I won't risk that.
I will also switch to german language. They talk too much, and i could not follow.
That's maybe my main problem with RPGs. I lack patience for all those dialogues.

Yeah, but maybe i can't change the gender. I won't risk that.
I will also switch to german language. They talk too much, and i could not follow.
That's maybe my main problem with RPGs. I lack patience for all those dialogues.
Press space bar and just have subtitles and read! But voice dialog is a nice touch, definitely switch it to your native language and you may enjoy it more

I'm really confused.

You might want to look into a cheap ssd. I just grabbed 2tb 3gb/s read nvme drives from microcenter for $60

Back