Starfield [XBSX|S, PC, XGP]

Basically by providing an option in starfield to always use transitory animation that's already in the game, even when you fast travel.
When I want to go to another planet, I go back to my ship, enter my ship, sit in the pilot seat and launch. Transition of ship launching into space and I am then in space. Of course you can simply go to map and fast travel, but that's up to you and how you want to experience the adventure.

Tomorow I turn very old (42) and have the day off and will get a good 5 or 6 hours of starfield in.

I wish I was that good with the ship builder. I can't build a thing lol
Happy birthday! 42 isn't "very old", I'd say your pretty much peaking. It starts going downhill in 8 -13 years, so enjoy this time damn it! (Speaking from the wise old perspective of 57. :p )

The ship builder in Starfield either sucks or I just can't figure it out either so don't feel too bad on that score. I gave up on my 3rd attempt to build one and then just rushed through the main plot to get to new game + 'cause they give you a new killer ship to start with and I'm doing all the Free Ranger missions to get the Eagle which looks about the best you can get.

There is a ship building mod that's supposed to help, but the building bit got me so frustrated that I won't be trying it again any time soon!

Basically I mean in skyrim and oblivion, the world felt like one continuous exploration (despite they were not).
this is something I agree with. That being said, other worlds, like Dark Souls, Elden Ring..., are considered better in that regard --there is a very good article from Eurogamer on the matter. Elden Ring is a technical achievement in that sense, 'cos open and closed areas are part of the same world. If Bethesda, with their "wacky" style as @Albuquerque mentioned, manage to make it work similarly, they might be into a winner once again with the new TES.

Does Starfield have loading screens when you enter indoor areas and caves like Skyrim or did they get rid of loading screens like Elden Ring when you enter a building?

Does Starfield have loading screens when you enter indoor areas and caves like Skyrim or did they get rid of loading screens like Elden Ring when you enter a building?
It depends on the area but there's still definitely a lot of loading into buildings. I'd have to say there's a lot more openness than previous iterations of the engine, places like New Atlantis and Neon have numerous open shops you just walk into. But things like caves and such are still loading areas. This is very important though for modding, as you absolutely must be able to separate your content from the main world when you're say building a large underground adventure.

Bethesda rpg, to be more specific.

Although the exploration part felt downgraded.

Hmm maybe downgraded is not the apt word... Hmm maybe segregated? Compartmentalized? Less seamless?

Basically I mean in skyrim and oblivion, the world felt like one continuous exploration (despite they were not). But in starfield, they felt disconnected.

Felt like there are separate modes: planet mode, then space mode, then indoor mode, and so on.

On the other hand there's other games like nier automata that deliberately made each modes very jarringly different, but felt as one cohesive world.

On the other hand, the speaking ability got a nice upgrade where people can even use talk no justsu to make peace with some bandits. On the other hand, why I can only use talk no justsu for some bandits? Why can't I initiate talk no justsu to everyone?
Depends on your past. Your background, your skills and your actions that determine dialog choices

So far starfield needs: hdr fix, black level fix and AF to be viable for a play through

How the lack of decent AF is not getting attention is beyond me.

Playing this on my aw3423dw, it looks awful.

So far starfield needs: hdr fix, black level fix and AF to be viable for a play through

Want to try this and then this for some better HDR support? I haven't tried them yet. Or this combined with the required mods.

Last edited:

Yea I have the same issue. The black levels need fixing badly

When I want to go to another planet, I go back to my ship, enter my ship, sit in the pilot seat and launch. Transition of ship launching into space and I am then in space. Of course you can simply go to map and fast travel, but that's up to you and how you want to experience the adventure.
yes I think most people don’t realize that if you don’t do it this way you skip all random encounters in space.

If I did not like Fallout 4, I tried, but I found it very boring, same with GTA4 and 5 and RDR.
With that said, is this another of those games I must try just in case like?
I must have bought a dullion Assassins Creed, because they looked so cool, but the repetition killed the fun for me.

this is something I agree with. That being said, other worlds, like Dark Souls, Elden Ring..., are considered better in that regard --there is a very good article from Eurogamer on the matter. Elden Ring is a technical achievement in that sense, 'cos open and closed areas are part of the same world. If Bethesda, with their "wacky" style as @Albuquerque mentioned, manage to make it work similarly, they might be into a winner once again with the new TES.

I'll take loading screens when entering specific buildings or caves/dungeons or whatever if means those can be more detailed. I dont just mean visually, I mean in terms of its actual contents, including various levels of physicalized objects and whatnot.

So I dont consider something like Elden Ring 'better' in that regard, not to mention it being a very different type of experience. Typically there is a price to be paid when you make your entire open world completely open. The Witcher 3 is another good example of this. Look at how shallow and barebones the buildings and caves and whatnot in that game were. They definitely had to make sacrifices in order to keep that seamless nature and those interiors were ultimately a lot less interesting as a result.

I suppose we can argue that SSD's were supposed to change this, and I'd agree with that to some degree, but it's clear that so far, developers are still very early in terms of their technology being able to properly take advantage of SSD's.

If I did not like Fallout 4, I tried, but I found it very boring, same with GTA4 and 5 and RDR.
I must have bought a dullion Assassins Creed, because they looked so cool, but the repetition killed the fun for me.
I did not enjoy fallout 4. But this is hitting with me. Perhaps it’s just the world, but this is preferable to post apocalyptic

Happy birthday! 42 isn't "very old", I'd say your pretty much peaking. It starts going downhill in 8 -13 years, so enjoy this time damn it! (Speaking from the wise old perspective of 57. :p )

The ship builder in Starfield either sucks or I just can't figure it out either so don't feel too bad on that score. I gave up on my 3rd attempt to build one and then just rushed through the main plot to get to new game + 'cause they give you a new killer ship to start with and I'm doing all the Free Ranger missions to get the Eagle which looks about the best you can get.

There is a ship building mod that's supposed to help, but the building bit got me so frustrated that I won't be trying it again any time soon!
Lol thanks ! I didn't get to play much since my nephew was sick and I had to watch him.

I am not good at manipulating it in 3d space since there is no rotation to see what is going on under the ship. At least I haven't found away.

I will look into that mod

You can always try a trial for gamepass pc or console and try it that way

The point I'm trying to convey is that I prefer to use the map and enjoy the animation. Like destiny 2.

Don't forget FOV fix for console.

I wonder if Bethesda playtesters were all professional or something?

Nobody (or only 1 dude?) in playtest got nausea due to the claustrophobic fov?

This is my day 3 of having headache after the nausea went away a few minutes after I stopped playing starfield.

Last time I got something like this was when I play with 3dof VR years ago.

Back