Starfield [XBSX|S, PC, XGP]

We are barely six months out and so little is known about Starfield.

Come on Bethesda/Microsoft, it's time to begin showing more of what it's like to play the game.. :yes:

For their spring showcase (most likely in june when 3 would have taken place) they will have a large event dedicated to Starfield I'd wager.
Yeah, this tracks with Bethesda's epic E3 2015 Fallout 4 reveal. Of course they had not revealed anything about Fallout 4 prior to that E3 event so this is a bit different.

Shouldn’t be a surprise. Were people really expecting a launch in several months when they haven’t even shown gameplay?

Reactions: snc
I'm calling November 2023 for Starfield.

If they do that they may delay a fall 2023 title to make space then. Could have bad short term effects with this holiday being empty but could have a ripple effect where their other rpgs have more development time

nh5n3mla03z81.png

Phil's statement.

I am hoping that this year is the last of all these delays across all these companies. Hopefully with people returning to hte office they can more easily judge the product.

I keep coming back in my mind to Denis Dyack. I remember he suggest that Companies say nothing and promote nothing until the game is done and then do a 6 month announcement thing where you announce the game at say E3 or whatever and it comes out within the next 6-12 months. That way the game can continue to get polish , can continue to have more content made for it and so on.

I keep coming back in my mind to Denis Dyack. I remember he suggest that Companies say nothing and promote nothing until the game is done and then do a 6 month announcement thing where you announce the game at say E3 or whatever and it comes out within the next 6-12 months. That way the game can continue to get polish , can continue to have more content made for it and so on.

I prefer a short period between initial announcement and release. Fallout 4 was perfect. Announced and shown at E3 in June 2015 and released four months later in November 2015. Very few games announced and teased years in advance have lived to the hype.

It's dumb to announce a game so far off development as coming out on date X.

Phil sounds unusually pissed for a blanket PR statement. Anyway, who didnt know this was getting delayed? Blame MS if they actually were stupid enough to think it was making 2022.

And as the comments above, more delays beyond this wont surprise either. Although they may push it out on time regardless to appease Phil.

Honestly Triple A releases just get rarer and rarer in my view altogether. Long term industry trend.

Welp, guess that gives me more months time to think about restarting Cyberpunk or finishing up Metro Exodus LOL.

At least we will supposedly get gameplay in June (better be real gameplay)

Honestly Triple A releases just get rarer and rarer in my view altogether.

They sure are not cost-effective to exist as youre main income for the platform. I think they could profitably exist but not outside a model like gamepass where revenue is fetched from the likes of CoD etc.

Imagine the usual state Bethesda games are launched in, what is considered a "final product", and imagine if they'd actually released in 2022 :oops:

Imagine the usual state Bethesda games are launched in, what is considered a "final product", and imagine if they'd actually released in 2022 :oops:

Who knows , still had fun with all those games at launch. The delays are until early 2023. My guess is Starfield before the end of Q1 and redfall by the end of Q2. Then they would just need a summer title and a fall title for 2023. Summer could be Stalker at this point . Maybe the fall will be helblade or maybe even another rpg will be ready.

I am sure MS didn't make this choice lightly as they could have pushed a lot of holiday units off the back of a good starfield . I believe they still have 2-3 smaller games for the second half of the year but they wont be gigantic deals

Both Skyrim and Fallout 4 got VR versions any news if Starfield will be ?

I doubt it. Skyrim launched Nov 2011 and Skyrim VR was Nov 2017
Fallout 4 Nov 2015 and Fallout Vr was Dec 2017

You can even look at the huge spec bumps

Skyrim required a dual core 2ghz cpu with 2 gigs of ram and a dx 9 card with 512 megs of ram. Recommended was a quadcore cpu , 4 gigs of ram and a gtx 260 or radeon 4890 or higher
Skyrim VR minimum was i5-6600k or ryzen 5 1400 + 8gigs of ram and a gtx 970 or rx 480 . Recommended was an I7-4790 or ryzen 5 1500x , 8 gigs of ram an da gtx 1070 or vega 56.

I think with last gen versions of starfield canceled your going to see more aggressive specs on the pc side. The vr version would require even more power.

Back