Splinter Cell Double Agent (PS3) announced (WTF is going on?)

yea this was pretty much expected and allegedly the exclusive 360 announcement was for SC 5 (the next version made by Montreal) not DA. (but i wouldn't be surprised if that goes Multi one day as well... :)

Yeah, Splinter Cell 5 is exclusive. And I could have sworn we heard some mention of DA going to PS3, or at least most people expecting it to. I mean, it's on every other platform. :p

Edit: Hardknock, you forgot the Wii and cell phones.

This was never exclusive to begin with. It's on the PS2, Xbox, PC, GC and 360. WTF are you talking about?

What he said...this game was never exclusive. It's surprising it took this long to announce.

Now the NEXT Splinter Cell, that's a different story, it a 360 exclusive AFAIK.

I thought the next SP was exclusive, not DA. :?:

Correct. Splinter Cell 5 (made by Ubisoft Montreal IRC) is the exclusive version.

http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34046&highlight=Splinter+Cell+MTL+Exclusive

• Ubisoft confirmed that the next Splinter Cell title, the installment
after Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell(r) Double Agentâ„¢, will be exclusive to Xbox 360, a testament to the ability of the powerful next-gen game console to deliver experiences no other console can match.

Also discussed elsewhere on the forums.

http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/showthread.php?p=843169#post843169

http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/showthread.php?p=840131#post840131

My guess would be timed exclusive though. But as it stands SC5 (Conviction) is exclusive while SC:DA (SC4) is not, nor ever was (see other console versions already out).

Oh alright. What took them so long to announce this one then? Seriously this keep the info to ourselves them is really throwing people off.

It's got me thinking that SC DA was 360 exclusive, just like it had people thinking that Assiasns Creed was PS3 exclusive.

Oh alright. What took them so long to announce this one then? Seriously this keep the info to ourselves them is really throwing people off.

It's got me thinking that SC DA was 360 exclusive, just like it had people thinking that Assiasns Creed was PS3 exclusive.

I dunno they must've thought that they could sell more 360 units of the game if they gave the impression it was a 360 exclusive.

But it is already out on Wii, XBOX, and PS2, so it was really a no-brainer it would come to PS3 at somepoint.

Worth mentioning though that the wii,xbox,ps2 & gc versions are completly different games then the 360/pc version.

I think the lack of announcement was a number of issues. First was the fact it was going to be delayed like a number of other cross platform titles. The next reason is that, without SC5 coming to the PS3 anytime soon, there is no "rush" to get it out. They can actually work on it and work the bugs out. e.g. If they released it in late spring/early summer they don't have to worry about bumping into SC5 in the fall. And actually getting the title working right (solid framerate, features) could make it stick out--and with the SC5 hype this fall make PS3 fans look for it on their platform... when they see SC4, and hear the good reviews, they may just hop on it. Of course maybe Ubi was yet undecided whether it was going to be on the PS3 or not and just recently committed to it for above said reasons.

Wow, double agent! (pun intended) ;)

Isn't there any more reliable source than gamefront.de? I think Famitsu mentioned some Splinter Cell game for PS3. As for SC5, is it timed exclusive or in other form?

That's the point I'm trying to make

Ubi also announce the first SC as Xbox exclusive (correct me if I'm wrong)

it was a timed exclusive. If I remember correctly about 6 months. Xbox version somewhen in autumn, the rest early spring, I believe.

Once I saw the topic title "wtf is going on!" I had this hilarious thought..imagine oneday waking up to these new topic, as games truly go all out multi-platform:

"Halo 3 announced on PS3? wtf!"

"Gran Tourismo 5..simultaneous launch on Xbox 360???"

"Socom 3..developer hints at 360 version??"

"FFXIIII...360 bound?"

Etc etc. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Back