[PS3] LittleBigPlanet 2

Shifty Geezer said:
Sure. It's the top one of my channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/DavidGCoombes?feature=mhee

You can also watch the level here as proof that it's all one continuous level fitting over 2.5 thermometers worth on content into one level. ;)
http://lbp.me/v/0renc9

I was pretty pleased at finding that cheat as it made the whole thing doable, but it doesn't seem to have generated much enthusiasm from the community.

Well, that is amazing Shifty!! Congratulations Sir!

One question though: at the end you write that you have composed and written it yourself...do I understand this correctly? You did the song yourself??

Glad you liked it! :mrgreen: Yes, the song was all me, lyrics and music. Effectively, Media Molecule made the art assets and animations, my friend sung, and I did the rest, creating story, lyrics, music, and creating the level. In fact when I got the invitation to Cannes I was told there was only room for two production members, normally the producer and director, but with only one of me involved that wasn't an issue. ;)

@Shifty: hey buddy, ready for some collaborations on building cool levels ??? :cool:
:D It'd be fun, but my time's consumed with other endeavours these days. I haven't touched LBP2 in a year or so. Sadly it just didn't have the sense of fun that I hoped it would. Dunno why.

Shifty Geezer said:
Glad you liked it! :mrgreen: Yes, the song was all me, lyrics and music. Effectively, Media Molecule made the art assets and animations, my friend sung, and I did the rest, creating story, lyrics, music, and creating the level. In fact when I got the invitation to Cannes I was told there was only room for two production members, normally the producer and director, but with only one of me involved that wasn't an issue. ;)

Well, that is amazing Shifty! Congrats again man! This is really phantasic work right there and I really hope you get the chance to participate at a film festival!

Btw: are you a musician?

I saw this last year, but I never realised that it was you. Amazing, still chokes me up at the end.

Btw: are you a musician?
Ummm...naturally yes, but uneducated and untrained. It's what I should have done with my life but things didn't work out. I'm putting more emphasis into it now, hence less time to make LBP2 levels or the like. ;) There's another musical story I want(ed) to create in LBP2 that I may get back to, inspired by its incredibly atmospheric lighting. Hmmm, depending what's happening this summer, maybe I'll give it a go?

I saw this last year, but I never realised that it was you. Amazing, still chokes me up at the end.
Thanks! I'm really pleased with some of the reactions from people - it's amazing how the tools in LBP2 could carry such strong emotional power. Those simple little Sackbots are pretty emotive. I do think LBP establishes a concept for movie-creation software and would like to see development in that field, but it's been dropped by MM. There was work years ago by Jim Henson's Creature Shop in virtual poppets, but I haven't seen any developments. Kinect could be absolutely amazing as a control scheme for virtual puppetry; Kinect2+LBP3 = :oops::D
How far did Move support go in LBP2? I haven't tried Move with it.

Thanks! I'm really pleased with some of the reactions from people - it's amazing how the tools in LBP2 could carry such strong emotional power. Those simple little Sackbots are pretty emotive. I do think LBP establishes a concept for movie-creation software and would like to see development in that field, but it's been dropped by MM. There was work years ago by Jim Henson's Creature Shop in virtual poppets, but I haven't seen any developments. Kinect could be absolutely amazing as a control scheme for virtual puppetry; Kinect2+LBP3 = :oops::D

Yeah, definitely potential in animation capture from Kinect for cheap, home-production stuff. I'm also quite interested in what the Vita version of LBP will bring, both as integration with LBP2 and as a standalone game.

MM went quite far with Move. There are definitely a bunch of things that are interesting for cinematics, among which being able to draw animation paths and having the eyes of Sackbot follow the cursor and the like.

iWaggle3D gives a pretty full account of everything done with the Move in the Move beta, which I think carried pretty much 1 to 1 into the final pack. He actually created some quite cool things to show off the tech with, like the 'well-trained robot' that responds to gesture commands for 'come here, stop, pick me up, etc.) at the end of part 2/3:

http://www.iwaggle3d.com/2011/07/video-iwatch-littlebigplanet-2-move.html

LBP2 being in the Playstation Plus bounty prompted me to download it again on my other PC, as it's lovely to have that on the HDD permanently. So if you're curious about something and want me to try, I'll be happy to.

Ummm...naturally yes, but uneducated and untrained. It's what I should have done with my life but things didn't work out. I'm putting more emphasis into it now, hence less time to make LBP2 levels or the like. ;) There's another musical story I want(ed) to create in LBP2 that I may get back to, inspired by its incredibly atmospheric lighting. Hmmm, depending what's happening this summer, maybe I'll give it a go?

I am still a little too busy, just drop by for a quick swing.

Did you end up working with RenegadeRocks in a project ?

Yap, very cool !

Reminds me of the DUST 514 vs EVE connection. There will be a DUST514 Vita companion app for the same universe too.

I still want them to make a better LBP2 publishing environment/ecosystem for distribution on the Internet. Some of these creations will be more impactful when properly showcased and distributed on Facebook, blogs, and fora as YouTube videos, 4-frame comics, eGreeting cards, etc.

Did you end up working with RenegadeRocks in a project ?
No, I don't have much time for LBP as I'm working on other projects. But I did think about another story idea I had that may see some time to work on over the summer. If Move controls excite me, it'll get more chance of being made. ;)

Nah.. I don't mean an LBP project. A real media or game.

EDIT: Sony needs to put in a proper ecosystem before you invest more time into it. Unless you're just doing it for fun and self amusement.

Back