Smallville - who do u think will die?

Really hated the whole time-travel/mindwipe scheme of storytelling. It's just so cheap to have something happen and then completely undo it. Lana's whole reaction was also pretty poorly written too - they had maybe all of 3 minutes and maybe 2 lines of reaction, going from finding out the guy is an alien, to agreeing to marrying him - blah.

Sadly, they've had this Lana/Clark thing in limbo since the beginning of season1, I stopped caring whether they were going to get together or not by season3 or 4. There's really no chemistry at all there anymore.

It's also frightening how a guy with near unlimited power who is an adult now can seemingly have the intellectual and emotional development of an 8 year old. The character really hasn't changed or grown any since the first season.

london-boy said:
The makers of the show always used to say they have a "no tights, no flights" policy. The one time he flew, it was an exception... twice actually... once when he wasn't "himself" and flew to Lex's plane to get one of the stones and once with the nuclear rocket...

I figured it was just being "able to leap over a tall building in a single bound." ;)

edit: for this episode and the rocket sequence

In the rocket sequence, he actually slides down the rocket a fair bit before grabbing hold of it. If he were flying, he'd do what he did in the first movie: push it up and away.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alstrong said:
I figured it was just being "able to leap over a tall building in a single bound." ;)

edit: for this episode and the rocket sequence

In the rocket sequence, he actually slides down the rocket a fair bit before grabbing hold of it. If he were flying, he'd do what he did in the first movie: push it up and away.

... Well he does have fabulous abs.

The ending of the latest episode was OFF THE FRICKIN' CHART!!! :D

You think Lionel set the whole blackmail scenario up to gain favour with Martha?

Agreed. WAY agreed! I've loved Lionel ever since he was brought into the show as a main character, but was regretting his "return to old ways" (without much of an explanation) and thought he was just going to remain a typical foil... And in that right, I was really confused why he would cease retaking Luthorcorp just from a threat of Lex revealing his meeting with Jonathan Kent. (Even if he does potentially love Martha, I couldn't remotely see that Lionel giving up because of it.)

But now...! ALL the recent actions make more sense! If he was driven away from the Kents, he wouldn't be able to effectively protect them. He doesn't HAVE to have switched back from his humanistic conversion but instead figured out the best way to operate and keep people off-guard.

Man, Smallville really kills me sometimes, because even as tiring as the replayed Clark/Lana thing can get, and the more derivative some storylines get, they can STILL kick you upside the head effectively! :smile:

I'm going to say something completly and totally off topic, but still related to this show :)

Anyway, the night it premiered over here, I turned to my brother and said "You will be able to tell how badly cliched and cheesy it will be by how long it takes them to mention american football".

Well, first scene, about 2 seconds in, he gets thrown a football and his dad yammers on to him about making the team, or some crap like that :devilish: :p

I never watched it again :p

* btw I really don't like shows like this, hence my negativity

but carry on....

Back