Why Does My Heart Feel So Bad

Why does my heart
Feel so bad?
Why does my soul
Feel so bad?

These open doors
-Moby

First, some background...

The summer before 4th grade we moved. It was a new school and I was the new kid, I only had two people that were actually nice to me at school. Literally every day I cam home in tears. Because of that (and my allergies) my parents moved back to where we had lived since I had been born. Then in 7th grade my classmates who had been my best friends suddenly turned on me. I went through the same thing as in 4th grade, only it hurt worse because it was by people I was so close to. The next summer I had my first love and it turned out she was using me and screwing some 16-year-old in the room next to where I slept (I went to a Christian Baptist summer camp with her). I was already broken by the previous years events, but she just broke me all over again. In 8th grade I was driven 45 minutes to a different school far away (we were planning on moving there) and I had lots of close friends. In 9th grade we actually did move, but to a different place. So, once again I was in a new school with new people. Lot's of things happened that year but not important enough for this limited space. I didn't finish that year because I got sick (mentally) and couldn't handle school anymore. The next year I attended vo-tech and was homeschooled. Then, my Junior year, I went back to my 9th grade school. I caught up with my old best friend and made some new ones, the closest of which was Liz.

I fell in love with Liz the moment I met her. It just so happened that she was dating one of my good friends from vo-tech. When I told him I was in love with his girlfriend he told me "great! please, take her!" and I had the task of breaking up with her for him. We dated for about a week and then decided (ok, she decided...) that we should just be friends. Then I dated one of her closest friends- Becky. Becky was my first. I could write a book on that relationship and the effects it's had on me, except that I've blocked out most of it. In short, I attampted suicide when I realized it was really truely over. However, I didn't have my closest friend, Liz, around to comfort me anymore. She was in DHS custody and they decided to take her away from me one day. She came to school and told me she was going to be leaving sometime that day. We had the first two periods together, midway through the second one they came and got her, and she was gone just like that. I didn't even finish that semester, by the way. I never went back there. Occasionally I would hear where she was from people that she managed to call.

Now, we snap forward about 2.5 years from the point Liz was taken away.. Becky and I have had some intermittent contact and we are now friends. Well, sort of friends. We've managed to leave behind the things that happened in the past. We have very strong attractions to each other so being just friends is hard to do. We try dating but that puts too much pressure on us and the communication breaks down, we go back to being friends. Still, our attractions are undeniable so we finally settle into a more-than-friends-but-less-than-coupple relationship. I'm happy, she's happy.

We were talking on the phone and she mentions that she's "trying to start back up [her] relationship with Liz." I didn't even know Liz was still alive, hadn't heard about her in at least one year. I get really excited because I find out she's back in town. Just then, Liz calls her. Becky switches to 3-way calling and it's wonderful to be able to talk to her again. I invite her on the trip Becky and I were planning on making to a Medival Fair in The City. I'm so very excited about seeing her again and having her in my life again.

At first, in the ride up there, it was a bit awkward as we slowly begin to feel each other out (not physically, I'm trying to drive!) but then once we arrive it's really great. Of course, I am my usual self with the non-stop praises, sexual inuendos, znd blatant "hits". After we left to take Becky home (she had to go to work at like 2:00pm) Liz and I spent several more hours together, as she really didn't want to go home. I then started to reexperience those feelings of true, total love for her. However, I learned that she has a boyfriend named John. Definitely this poses a problem. I gave her my phone number and told her that if she needed anything that she could call me. That made her REALLY happy. I could see in her eyes that she loved me, though I wasn't sure if it was in a romantic way.

The next day (Monday of this week) her mom told her she doesn't want her hanging around al day. So, I am supposed to call her as soon as I wake up. Well, I did and it was really early. Her mom says she just fell asleep and hasn't slept in days so she's not going to wake her up. That's ok, I don't want to disturb her sleep. I finally get in toutch with her around 1:00 and we go out and mess around for a few hours. I buy her lunch at the Chinese place in the mall (took a bit of coaxing to get her to accept). In the car she tells me that she has 30 days to move out of her parents house and she and John are going to get an apartment together. She also tells me about her and Beckys friend Aaron (who I met the day before) and how he will always be number one in her heart, even above John. She tells me about how she was in a homeless shelter in December and Aaron came and let her live with him, and how for the past three months he's been right by her side the whole time. She's slept with him twice while she was dating John. Now she is living with her parents, or rather the people she calls her parents- they just kind of took her in as one of their own.

Then she wants to go shoot pool and so we do that for a bit, then it's time for me to leave for an evening activity (Civil Air Patrol for those of you who know what it is). I change into my flight suit at her place and when I come out she obviously thinks I'm very attractive in it. I think she used the word "adorable." That night John is supposed to arrive. I can't even sleep that night because I knew they were doing it like rabbits.

The next day I managed to catch her online and she's excited about John being there. She told me her mom asked, after I left the day before, why the hell she ever broke up with me the first time; apparently her mom likes me a lot. When I ask what she did that day she says "[screw], get high, and lock the keys in the van." I winced at the first two parts. The second one is not so much of a problem because Ishe only does it ebcause she's addicted, I know I can help her get off it. I asked her for some relationship advice. She asked if it was about her and I said it was just a theoretical question. I went in and explained what if you were with someone who you were happy with, but then you suddenly realized that there was so much more to true love that you'll never have with that person. Do you break up with them or stay? If you d break up with them, you're taking a risk- what if when you find someone you feel that way about they already decided to settle for less. To that she replied that not all relationships last forever. I knew she knew I was tlaking about her, and it kind of felt like she was saying I should got for it.

I talked to Becky about it the next day and she said I should definitely tell her. I learn that Liz met John over the internet and had never met him in person before. She also told me that Aaron cried the other day when she read his tarrot and it said he would never get together with Liz. Apparently, he really loves her too. Just as an aside, Becky loves Aaron as much as I love Liz and he doesn't know. I decide that I should tell Liz and see what happens. So, I talk to Liz about it and she says she already knew, and that she has a lot of things going on at the moment (John and Aaron, and now me).

She also tells me that John has to leave. He flips out on her a lot and has her really scared, and almost nothing scared her. He has been diagnosed a bi-polar schizophrenic. She's terrified of him and doesn't want to spend another night with him and she wants to tell him that he has to leave when both her parents are around, but she wants him to leave the next day (which will be Thursday in case you're not keeping count) and her dad has to go to work in the morning. However, her mom wants her to use him so he can driver her half-way accross the state Friday. Liz asks me if I'll do it and I agree to. She says she has no idea what he is going to do when she tells him and is afraid to, especially if she's going to have to spend another night with him there. Aaron is there but he is going to have to leave soon. I tell her she can sleep here at my place if she wants but she refuses to leave her family with him. He once raised his hand towards her little 14yo sister as though to strike her. I tell her I'll come over if she needs me.

About 1am Thursday morning she asks me to please come over now. I jump in my car and get there as fast as I can. Her mom fills me in that she is talking to him about it and that she's going to need my as a shoulder to cry on. She tells me that he has been diagnosed as bi-polar schizophrenic only a year and doesn't believe it, thus he is not on his medication. This guy is really out there. I little later they both come storming into the living room yelling at each other and she sits down next to me. She's sitting there her whole body trembling and she's rocking back and forth. I've NEVER seen ANYONE this upset in my entire life. I just put my hand on her back and after a good 10 minutes she starts to get calmed down. Of course, this doesn't last long cause this guy is not going to just sit there quietly. He goes on and on about things I don't really understand (a lot of what he says is either incoherent or doesn't follow any logic, I listened very carefully to everything he said that night).

There's a lot of yelling and calling each other names. It's pure chaos for a good hour or so with them going back and forth, him going outside for a few minutes and doing who knows what, and reappearing, him sitting and talking to himself about things that, while I understood what he was meaning, it's so incoherent that it's impossible to repeat even the idea. He does babble a bit about how she "took his dick, good dick, good dick, good dick, great dick." At one point Liz picks up the phone and dials his parents and forces the phone into his hands. He screams a lot more incoherent stuff including one thing I do remember rather vividly "SHE TOOK MY DICK, SHE TOOK MY DICK MOMMY!"

He talks a lot about how cruel she is, how she "took" his "good dick". He argues with her about how he never did anything to hurt or scare her, about how all he wanted to do was talk. He talks about how all they did was fuck and he just wanted to talk to her. Sometimes he is calm, sometimes he is ranting and raving at the top of his lungs. This goes on for many many hours, all the while I'm just sitting there next to her not saying a word but keeping her calm (most of the time, sometimes she yells and screams back). Finally, he just says "will you please just sit with me, please." And so she sits there on the same couch as him and they talk some, but just about nonsensical things. I don't think that she really had any idea what she was talking about, but it made him happy for a bit and kept him calm.

She started getting sleepy and the moment that she closes her mind and relaxes her body he is all over her, trying to cuddle and rub his now-infamous dick on her. She gets up and leaves for a bit. At some point he goes out for coffee but we realize, about 30 minutes later, that he can't get out of the driveway because thee's another vehicle blocking him in. Well, he's not hiding out there in the van so we don't care where he is. I don't know what time it is now, it's a blurr to me. She WONT go to sleep until he is gone, she can't sleep with him around. Eventually he shows back up claiming he couldnt find the Loves. We honestly don't care what he was doing for that hour or so, because he wasn't around the house messing with people or things. While he was gone she and I talk a lot, she often says how she hates men and I pout "even me?" and she says "well but I don't consider you a man, you're in the Friend category (which is also where Aaron is, but I get the feeling that I'm limited to that single category but he's not.) She asks what sign I am and says that I shouldn't worry, it wouldn't work out anyway because sex is a 2 and love is a 3. This is kind of out of the blue, I'm not sure if that was her way of saying "you have no chance" or not.

Of course, it doesn't take too long for more randomg accusations, arguing, etc. He switches from trying to talk her into letting him stay, to yelling at her for how horrible she is, to talking to himself quit often. Liz gets a migraine, a bad one. Finally, her parents go out to the store to get her some medicine for it. It's about 6am, give or take an hour or two. While they are gone the migraine gets worse, much worse. She turns off all the lights in the house even though she can barely stand, and lies back down. Of course, it never fails that he can only be quiet for a short ammount of time. She's over there whipmering because she's in so much pain and here he is starting to argue and yell at her, accusing her of being such a horrible person. Well, that is NOT helping her migraine. Those of you who know me know that I am Buddhist and very opposed to any violence. I finally told him to shut the hell up (in more words than that) which is about the only thing I've said all these hours. He's quiet for a while, but then starts talking to himself again. Of course, after that he starts in with his usually yelling and screaming and arguing and namecalling again, I am getting Angry. Now, I've been mad, peeved, annoyed, unhappy but NOT Angry for at least 7 years. You can imagine what it means for me to be Angry. This whole time I was feeling very sorry for him and being as nice as I could because he just isn't able to understand the situation. But, now I am getting Angry. I am trying to meditate but my whole body is trembling violently. Only moments before I was about to BE Angry she really opened a proverbial can of whoopass on him and was a real bitch in telling him he'd better shut the fuck up. Of course, it was much more complicated than that but you get the gist of it. Thankfully, it quiets him down for a while. long enough for me to get just enough meditation in to take a few steps back from the brink of Anger. He still pipes up every now and again, but just talking to himself mostly. I manage to cool myself down a bit, but I'm still trembling.

Her migraine is so bad at this point that she decides to get up and stumble around looking for a washrag to put over her face before her nose starts bleeding. She's pretty stubborn, won't let me do anything for her though I certainly tried. She's breaking down and crying harder than I knew a person could cry sometimes. I help get her back to the couch to lay down and gave him a look, he apparently understood that he had better not let one tiny peep out of his mouth from now on. Finally, her parents show up with some medicine around 8:00. The sun is up and she realizes the garbage truck is comming so she goes and takes the garbage out, I can't even get her to take any painkillers before she does it. When she's satisfied with that she goes back and lays down, takes her painkillers, and stays there for a while. He's being nice and quiet, but I give him cold looks occasionally just to let him know I'm still paying attention to him.

Well, finally at about 8:30 he has fallen asleep and she manages to make it to her room. She's doing a but better, but still I can't imagine how horrible she feels. I ask if she wants me to stay and she says she doesn't care, she just wants to sleep. She gives me a big hug and thanks me. She'd been thanking me and telling me I don't have to stay and I need to get some sleep, etc, etc all night long but I still insist that I'll stay as long as I can (have appointment with my shrink in The City every Thursday, I have to leave at 12:30). She kisses her hand and outs it on each of my cheeks. She tells me bye and that she'll see me when she wakes up. I tell her thank you, and make sure she's going to be okay and then I go back to the living room to keep watch on him.

I finally manage to fall asleep for a few hours but I have to head back home at 11:00 in order to get ready to go to The City. Sadly, she's not awake yet which means I won't be there when she does wake up. It also means I won't be there when he actually has to LEAVE.

Well, I call at 4:00pm and ask how things are going, her mom answers and tell me everything is fine. He's gone for good. I ask how Liz is doing and she tells me she's area out doing stuff. I tell her I'll call back later to talk about the details of tommorrows trip. I was kind of hoping I'd see her again today just sort of to wrap everything up, or at least talk to her a while about it. When I call back (10:00pm) her mom says she's over at Aaron's.

So I ask now, Why does my heart feel so bad?

by the way, I dodn't really explain in detail just how much I love Liz. I will do anything, literally anything, for her. Over the phone (when i tolder her I loved her) it wasn't really clear if she was saying I had a chance or not. I asked her "so you're going to go with Aaron, then?" and I don't remember her exact responce, but it left me with the impression that she wasn't saying for sure she would, but that's what she was thinking. I told her that if he's really what she wants then she should not worry about hurting my feelings, all I want is for her to be happy because whe I see her happy it makes me happy even if it's not with me. Of course, it makes me sad at the same time but really what I want is whatever is best for her even if it isn't (and that is very most likely the case) me.

Sounds like she doesn`t know what she wants and has a tendancy to make bad decisions. Is she worth the time and pain? You may well at some point get together, but who`s to say she`ll stick around? You obviously care about her, and she needs to be put straight. Thats probably the best thing you can do for her.

Suffice to say, I don`t envy your posistion, but if it were me I most likely wouldn`t stick around - just too much trouble.

well I can't turn my back on her, that's just something I can't do. Is it worth the time and pain? I'm an empath, I'm used to taking on pain myself to ease others. I can't imagine what last night would have been like for her if I hadn't been there. Easing pain is a calling, I can't turn my back on it.

So I ask now, Why does my heart feel so bad?

Because you are giving all you have to this girl, and she is taking it all and returning nothing. No matter how much you love someone, you can't sustain a one-way relationship like this. It's emotionally draining for you to give and give and give with no reciprocation, and its painful when she does things like use a horoscope to blow you off, or explain that she doesn't think of you as a man but rather as a friend, or recounts her sexual escapades with some psychopath.

You really only have two options. You can tell her in no uncertain terms that you don't want to be just friends, and that if you can't have her then you don't want anything to do with her. If she still says no, then you have bite the bullet and extract yourself from her life. Given your feelings for her, it won't be easy, but in the long run it will be better for you than to continue on the same manner.

The other option, in case you just can't do the first, is to continue on in the same manner. Eventually you may come to see how selfish she is being, and how unfair it all is to you, and seeing that for yourself may be the only solution.

Anyway, I'm sorry you're going through this. Hang in there.

Sage said:
well I can't turn my back on her, that's just something I can't do. Is it worth the time and pain? I'm an empath, I'm used to taking on pain myself to ease others. I can't imagine what last night would have been like for her if I hadn't been there. Easing pain is a calling, I can't turn my back on it.

Dude, don't take this the wrong way, and I'm no psychologist, but what you wrote above rang my alarmbells HARD. It sounds a lot like codependency to me. I could be wrong, and I don't really think I'm in the position to give emotional advice, but maybe just a friendly suggestion to do a little investigation into that can be alright? :|

Hang in there, mate...

Ay mate speak straight with her. She might have a debate going on in her head :?: Anyway though to most it seems like a lot of trouble, they are not part of it, therefore take their advice but decide yourself. I guess you feel bad cause you believe you can't have her? Yet to ask for help online it seems you really need some advice. So heres mine, talk to her, tell her how you feel, in person though not on phone or online. What she says you'll have to handle but im sure your used to pain and anger as few are. Theres nothing else you can do. If you don't, you know what will happen. It will never end....... until you finally drop the, i ease others pain by taking it on myself which probably won't happen till something major happens :!: . its good to help but shes killing you and if you can't have her i don't think it will only make you sad...depression... suicide :?: Well last one may happen if you reach a new low. Therefore if she says she loves the other more, give her a few days though after the talk, get out. Friends will never work because of what you think when you are with her... What ever you prepared for this thread about how much you love her, tell her. Ay and make sure shes herself then.... If you stay friends what others posted here is correct unless you stop loving her. Good luck.

(there is no emoticaon for what I want to put here, so you'll just have to imagine the happiest, most joyful one possible)

Well, my trip today went great. While she was asleep (or so I thought) I was talking to her mom (who really likes me, and is jealous of Liz with regards to me) and said that she didn't have to pay me back for gas because she had given me a day with Liz. She said that she's always telling her that she needs to get her head out of her ass and date me. I told her that I could put up with her daing however many guys she wants, and it won't change that I still want to be there. Later I found out that she wasn't really asleep in the back of the car and she heard everything we said.

Later, she was tlaking to her mom about Aaron and her relationship with him. Apparently Aaron really is in love with Liz's best friend who is currently married to (and has a son by) some other guy, however she is very close to divorcing him because she's not even "allowed" to do anything without his permission, and he rarely give it. Well anyhow, Liz was talking about how if Aaron really want's to be with this other girl (I think her name is Kristen, not sure) and that's what is going to make him happy then she wants him to be with her because that's how much she cares for him. I looked her in the eyes through the rear-view mirror and said "I know exactly what you mean." And she understood what I was telling her.

We dropper her mom off and didn't really know what to do since we'd never really been to that city before. However, I had a friend, Katy, that I had met on the internet (never met her in person) who lived there. Well, truth be told this girl is somewhat more than a friend (does "webcam" mean anything to you...) and she's always begging me to come f*ck her, which I don't really want to (I have to be turned on emotionally, phyisical relationships don't work for me). I warned Liz that Katy was going to be all over me and trying to get me to f*ck her, and that I really didn't want to.

Well, Katy directed us to the mall where I told Liz "now, you know that if there's anything here you want I'm going to buy it for you behind your back." It took us long enough to get to Hot Topic (not my favorite store, but hey) and I was drooling over http://www.hottopic.com/store/product.asp?LS=0&ITEM=331504&RN=129 and she saw them and got really excited. Well, this REALLY cute guy with a pink belt, pink shirt, and pink eyeliner came over and offered to let her try them on. Of course, she had to try them on even though she wasn't going to buy them. I talked to him and asked him how much they were, but of course she knew what we were talking about. So I asked her if she wanted them and, amazingly, she consented to letting me buy them for her birthday. She has been REALLY in love with those things since she got them, and goes off on anyone that touches them (except me). We were also looking at some lingere through a store window and she saw one design that reminded her of a wedding dress (only it was much more revealing) and she talked about the wedding dress she'd really like to have that she designed, but couldn't ever have it. She said she lost the paper she designed it on, but also it would cost like $3000 in materials alone. I told her not to give up hope, she might get it- it just depends on who she married. I think she understood what I was telling her- money is no object when it comes to making her happy. Luckily for me she doesn't enjoy a lot of nice things (and gets mad when people buy her anything) but rather the most important thing to her is happy memories. Of course, I want to give her both but I'm glad she's not going to suck me dry financially. Not that I wouldn't spend everything I have on her, but then I wouldn't have any more to spend on her :p Of course, that attitude is part of what makes me willing to spend everything I have on her. Not that she'd ever let me, but if she would I'd do it. (I'm seriously considering whether to go to film school to direct and make pretty good money if I do well, or get an MBA and buy the entire world or at least a few cities, which I could and will do if I decide that's what I want.)

At some point we discussed the astrology thing with her not doing well with Virgos, pointing out that John was a Virgo. I responded that John would have been just about perfect for her is he hadn't been bi-polar schizophrenic. Of course, she denied that it was true but I know it was (and, actually, I am very much like the person she thought John was). She also mentioned that she was sure glad she shaved her leggs this morning, to which I replied aww you shaved them for me? No, probably not. And then she surprised me by saying "yes, for you. I also shaved them when we went to the medieval fair for you and said that I was glad I shavd them that day too, but you weren't listening to me." I was just like :eek: (in a dazed and amazed voice) "Wow.... I can't believe that... I feel so special"

Well, her mom called and wanted us to come pick her up. We went back to the mall for a while, had to show her mom the really cute boy that worked at Hot Topic although she didn't think he was that great. Anyhow, while Katy had been pretty much hands-off the first time she was all over me this time. When she wasn't looking I mouthed to Liz "I love you" and she knew I was really not enjoying the attention. She said "I know, hunny."

Well, we took Katy home and went back home. It was a long drive and her mom fell asleep in the backseat of the car while it was raining. We talked a lot about things like religion, people, and how beutiful the sunset was. It was really enjoyable. I ended up with my arm around Liz at some point and she seemed pretty happy about it. When we got back to her house she changed into a really nice dress and top over it, and put on the boots. I couldn't believe she'd done that for me, it felt great and all I could say was just "wow" and she understood how much "wow" I meant. At one point she told me that if I wanted something I'd have to ask for it in order to get it. So, I asked her "will you go out with me" and she said "go out how" and I replied "as in be in a relationship" and she says "No, not until I feel you know me well enough to be sure you want that." Then she asked "so, go out how." Eventually I figured out "as in a date." So, we set a date for monday, but not a specific time yet.

I was REALLY excited, didn't think life could get any better... but it did. I got to hold her closely, and she enjoyed it. Then, I got to lay down on her bed with her for a while with my arm over her. People (primarily her cousin, also a lot her brother) would not leave us alone. Not that I minded it, I like them. However, at that time i really just wanted to spend some time with her alone.

Finally, the left us alone. She closed her door and got out a verrry small ammount of weed to smoke. Now, she knows that I don't get high. I don't even drink or smoke, and I don't even drink coffee to keep me awake (I will when i'm already awake just because I like the taste) because I'm Buddhist. She could tell I was uncomfortable and said "if you don't want to be in here while I smoke then you'd better leave." But, I said no, it's okay. I know that this is only a temporary thing and she'll outgrow it. I knew that if I was going to walk away every time she lit up how was I going to show her that I wouldn't leave her permanently because of that or something else small and stupid like that. Besides, it wasn't much and I could make it through it. It didn't last long and I was relieved. Afterwards I held her while she read a while. It was REALLY nice. We were talking about how she sometimes has to be a mother to her brother and sister and I told her she was a great mom and she said that people often tell her that, but she will never have kids. I said "you don't want kids" and she reminded me that she can't have kids. I said "well, we can always adopt" and she says "what's this 'we' thing?" I said "huh? I said you can always adopt." She said "no, you said we." OOPS! Freudian Slip! I tried to tell her that, no, that's not what I MEANT to say. But, of course, she knows that's what I was really thinking about. Then, she put her pillow on my lap and lay down to read some more.

Finally, she was so tired that she could hardly say the words. I asked if she wanted me to let her go to sleep and she said yeah. However, she got back up to go do something and by the time I got in the dining room she was so sleepy she could barely stand. So, I walked her back to her room and she lay down on her bed. I gave her a small kiss on the lips goodnight and told her I loved her, she said "you're an angel" and I told her she was too but she just couldn't see it. She said "no I'm not" but really she is.

My heart no longer hurts, I couldn't imagine feeling any better.

Actually, I wasn't asking for advice. I just needed someone to share with.

Also, I do fully expect her to leave me and/or cheat on me more than once in the future. However, I know that it will hurt but that I can deal with it and get over it. I'n not going to leave her over something silly that's only temporary. Like her smoking weed, or her getting her tongue pierced tomorrow (I only don't like it because it says "I'm a slut, I suck d*ck" and her getting a tatoo in like two weeks which are a big turnoff to me. But, it makes her happy and it's not permanent (that tatoo is, of course, but her getting tatoo's is not). I'm in this for the long haul, I'm not giving up for some silly little thing that I can get over.

Unless you have children, there is no person more important than you.

Don't put up with shit and wait until it gets better. It'll get better when you decide you're worth more than that and go find somebody who agrees with you.

Unless, of course, you like that sort of shit. Then you're exactly where you need to be.

I'm not one to talk cause my current significant other is a total pothead... :oops: but I agree with MPI - someone somewhere is waving a big red flag. As hard as it is at your age, I'd try to detach yourself from the situation and take another look at this.

There's like 4 billion people on this planet, I'm sure you can find one that's just as great as this girl but without all the baggage.

RussSchultz said:
Don't put up with shit and wait until it gets better. It'll get better when you decide you're worth more than that and go find somebody who agrees with you.
I don't see it that way at all. Noone's perfect, and I found someone whos imperfections won't last. Now that I know she really does see me as not just a friend, I know that we can have a future together. There's no reason to throw away what definitely can be a very good, long-term relationship over some small things that she will outgrow in time. And, honestly, knowing that these problems won't last makes them not bother me very much.

Remember how I said we were laying in her bed together? Well, I know that's the same bed that she and John f*cked in only a few days ago, as well as she and probably several other guys. She doesn't have any sheets to wash, just a comfortor and I don't know if it would even fit in the washer. With anyone else I would have been really freaked out about that. But you know what? The thought only occured to me once and it didn't bother me at all. Things are different with her, I see no reason to throw it away over what is, in the grand scheme of things, some silly little thing.

Uh oh, I have this really really bad feeling in my stomache. I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about. This feeling that I was loosing her at that very moment came on very suddenly. Of course, most people easily dimiss it saying that I'm just nervous. Well, I can tell the difference between nervousness and when this happens. I have never been wrong either, I always know before I actually find out. Don't get me wrong, I'm not just giving up. But, I do know what this feeling means. Remember, I'm an empath and pick up on these things even over great distances, and it's a lot stronger with people I have a close bond with. I just know I'm going to get bad new tonight (she's gone today, went on a trip to get her tongue pierced). And, sure, it has occured to me that it might just be because my bloodsugar took a nosedive a few minutes ago, but when I explore the feeling deeper it starts to overwhelm me and I have to pull away.

Oh well, whatever happens I'll live.

well... I thought that I was wrong and it was just because I was hungry from not eating all day. She called me bacause they hadn't left yet and she wanted to see me before they did. Of course I was really happy about that and went to see her, it was really nice as usual.

Well, then this other guy comes over... he seemed like a pretty nice guy but it didn't take her long to change into a different person. There is a side to her that I saw the first time today and I havn't seen it enough to really understand all the differences, but I know that when she's like that I loose my connection with her. It's like she lost all of her compassion. Ther reason I love her so much is because she really cares as much as I do about everyone and everything. She really understands how much everything affects everything else, and how if you put a little hate in the world it goes a long way but if you put a little love in it goes even further. She enjoys just looking at how beutiful the sunset is, how lightning illuminates the clouds. However, when she is in this other personality she looses all of those things. And, I could see that it was very much a part of her. I don't know if it is something she will grow out of. Most importantly, she treats me with the same love and care that I give to her and everyone else... that, too, is lost when she is in this other personality.

I didn't like it at all and was very close to just saying "I have to go now, I'll see you around," knowing she would understand what I meant. But, I didn't. I was holding her sisters kitten and she looked over at us and I saw the side of her that I love again for a moment. Eventually (and it was like 8:30, MUCH MUCH longer than I expected to stay there) it was time for her to leave and I saw that side of her again when she turned her attention back to me. Still, I felt like I was in hell there for a long time and if that's what I'm going to have to go through on a regular basis for the rest of our lives then I simply cannot do it.

Also, at one point she was playing a song titled something along the lines of "She just wont give it to me" and I really wasn't paying attention until her mom whispered in my ear "you could sing that and dedicate it to her" at which point Liz said "I hear that, and there's a reason for it." Well, I honestly hadn't been thinking that much about it. I hadn't tried anything even though I expected she would probably want me to. Now, it didn't bother me that she wasn't ready because I really wasn't myself. However, there was apparently some reason other than just not being ready. I asked her about it later asking if there was something I needed to know and she said that we'd talk about it later. I don't know what it's about, it may be no big deal.... or maybe it is.

One thing, however, was that, previous to her moms comment, she was chatting with some rendom person on the internet who she didnt want to talk to but he just IM's her out of the blue. When he said goodbye he also said "Hope you can have some sex tonight" (apparently her AIM profile has something along the lines of "sex sex sex sex sex sex" in it) and she replied "If I could have sex, believe me I would." Upon which I said "if you could??" and she says "yeah" and I respond with "<cough, cough>" and I know she heard me but she ignored me. Now, it's true that I did say I wasn't really ready yet but you know I've said before I'll give her anything she wants, and that does still apply here. It bothered me a bit that she blew me off completely like that.

Now I may have figured out what the problem is in typing the above. I thought back to an email that she had her friend read, it was from her friend about John. It was basically a warning about how derranged he is and he said "I'm sorry you had sex with that thing. You shouldn't have sex with anyone else until you get tested." Now, I had originally written that off at first because he had only been with one other person and I didn't think that would bother her considering some of the other people she's been with... but, now that I think of it I know he has done some hardcore drugs but not sure if he shot up, but also you really never know what he says that's true and what's totally made up. It COULD be the reason, and that would actually make me very happy (that she cares enough about me to be thinking about protecting me in case she did get something from him... although now that I think of it she could certainly get laid by someone else, so it must be that she's just concerned in general... although that may not be true either because she knew I'd be there until she left and she's spending the night in another town with family, and I dont think she would do something like that with me right there... hell, who knows)

She's not going to be back til tomorrow evening and I think I'm going to try to get away tomorrow. Maybe drive back to the same place I took her yesterday because now a friend of mine just split up with her b/f and is maybe going to move back here tomorrow. I just need some excuse to get out of here and be around someone I know and am confortable with so that I can collect my thoughts.

MPI said:
Sage said:

Dude, don't take this the wrong way, and I'm no psychologist, but what you wrote above rang my alarmbells HARD. It sounds a lot like codependency to me. I could be wrong, and I don't really think I'm in the position to give emotional advice, but maybe just a friendly suggestion to do a little investigation into that can be alright? :|

Hang in there, mate...
Well I looked up codependancy and read some about it. It's DEFINITELY not the situation.

Sage just out of curiosity how old is she? Yourself? Not that I am overly concerned about your maturity you seem fairly mature, intelligent but your emotions are running the show I think. Hopes things work out for you good and well.

Ah. Another bit of 'sage' advice from me: don't even think about being serious before they get out of college. People change dramatically as they get exposed to all those different ideas and come to grips with who they really are.

lol, well now that's certainly good advice... however, very few people around here even go to college. she certainly will not go to college anytime soon on her own (I really don't think she has any interest in going), but when I start making money I'll certainly give her the chance to (assuming we're still together).

Back