Sega's Sales On All 3 Consoles

Quaid:
WHat is your source for this info?
This is the official TRSTS data as of the end of January. I know it's being hosted in HTML format in at least one site (sorry, can't recall which one), and a lot of people have the actual spreadsheet file.
I can see right off the bat that JSRF and Shenmue II are not in that list.
Shenmue II was published by Microsoft, so that's why it's not on the list.

XBX SHENMUE 2 88,193
XBX JET SET RADIO FUTURE 88,071

Problem is most people who want sega games have gotten most of these on the dreamcast. Why would i buy shenmue 2 on the xbox , played it on the dreamcast. Same thing with jet grind radio

Well that's your opinion, I don't think sega is goign to be dissapointed in that title in the long run. We'll have to wait and see what it's numbers are exactly. It's a great game but way too much for the causal gamers out there. I showed it to a firend of mine and he was totally scared to play the thing, he watched me play it and said, this game is cool, but t's way too much for me.

That's the problem I had with Metroid Prime. I'd show it to a casual and he'd look at me funny. They just want action to fall flat into thier lap from the titles screen.

Teasy, yes several of the Sega sports games came out two weeks after the PS2 and XB release. In the case of NBA was like 2 months.

So in that case how can Sega grumble and complain about the sales of its multi-platform sport games on GC? If you release a game on three consoles and one console gets it from 2 weeks to 2 months later then how can you expect to get sales that are anywhere near that of the other two consoles? How in the world can Sega whine about poor GC sports game sales and say they'll drop GC sports game development because od that when they are infact causing poor sales by there own actions?

This puts a bit of doubt over this "sports games don't sell on GC" stuff IMO. At the very least it suggests its an exageration.

If Sega just released these games on time for GC the sales would increase by quite a way. Then they wouldn't need to drop sports game support for GC.

Why would i buy shenmue 2 on the xbox , played it on the dreamcast.

AFAIK Shenmue 2 wasn't released on DC in the States. People could import though, but can't be that many people.

Teasy:
How in the world can Sega whine about poor GC sports game sales and say they'll drop GC sports game development because od that when they are infact causing poor sales by there own actions?
In the case of the 2K3 line-up and the Cube versions getting released a couple weeks later, I've heard that SEGA submitted the versions of the games for approval to each manufacturer at the same time, and Nintendo just took longer for the approval process. And in the cut-throat sector of video sports games, a company has to ship their product as soon as they can to meet and beat the competition on street-date availability.

V3 said:
Why would i buy shenmue 2 on the xbox , played it on the dreamcast.

AFAIK Shenmue 2 wasn't released on DC in the States. People could import though, but can't be that many people.

true but i'm sure most of the people who were into the game (hardcore) . The game is way to deep for most gamers in the state.

true but i'm sure most of the people who were into the game (hardcore) . The game is way to deep for most gamers in the state.

I am not sure what you are on, but DC Shenmue had 450,000.

So either 200,000 people import/pirated the game, or many people just give up on this series, and waiting for price drops. Eitherway, Sega basically screw up here. I just hope MS paid them plenty of cash for this move.

V3 said:

I am not sure what you are on, but DC Shenmue had 450,000.

So either 200,000 people import/pirated the game, or many people just give up on this series, and waiting for price drops. Eitherway, Sega basically screw up here. I just hope MS paid them plenty of cash for this move.

You do realize thats on a dead system. Most ps2 games don't even do that and they have 30million user base. Thats alot for a system that was all but dead. Hell it was dead. It was deader than dead when shenmue 2 came out .

jvd said:
Problem is most people who want sega games have gotten most of these on the dreamcast. Why would i buy shenmue 2 on the xbox , played it on the dreamcast. Same thing with jet grind radio

Well Jet Set Radio Future is a whole new game, not a remake :)

You do realize thats on a dead system. Most ps2 games don't even do that and they have 30million user base. Thats alot for a system that was all but dead. Hell it was dead. It was deader than dead when shenmue 2 came out .

Dead system still net 450,000 for Shenmue. Can't say the same for Shenmue 2 on Xbox. Far better game as well.

Even DC is dead when Shenmue 2 came out, the game was still hype for Dreamcast. I can't say the same for Xbox released. Either MS screw up Sega, or Sega screw up themself.

Lazy8s

Yeah I'd considering that. So basically Nintendo and Sega need to have words and get this sorted out. If they do then there'd be no need to drop sports game on GC.[/quote]

Back