PS3 Demos

How about the Civilization Revolution demo?

I've never played any of the Civ games.

How will RTS work on consoles?

Anybody played the Battlefield Bad Company Demo?

Mine is still downloading :)

I played it on the easy level. Pleasantly surprised because (I think) people had been complaining long and hard about the tearing.

Nice game. Obvious stand out points are the destructible environments (I had to scurry left and right as a fence in front of me got shot to pieces!) and evolving objectives during levels. All based on the demo of course.

Apart from the Sony exclusives with this and Far Cry 2 2008 is the year of the FPS!

As a huge endorsement for the demo concept, the Civ Rev demo sold me on the game. I wouldn't have bought it without having played a demo, but the game scratched an itch I haven't scratched in years. Offering a huge departure from the glut of action games, and offering a nice length of game that's pretty jump in- and out-able, when everyone else is buying MGS4, I got Civ Rev.

IMO demo's are one of the best ways to sell your product. I'm surprised how some are stupidly restricted or limited. give the player enough to get immersed, and then pull the plug and leave them wanting more!

Back