Red Dead Redemption 2

The other day I was like, "I don't remember so many trees being cut down within this area." Now I see why... :oops:
darn, that's impressive!

For those who have the game.. Which game do you think is better? RDR2 or The Witcher 3?

Story wise, character and story development, dialogue, world creation, UI, sidequests, are IMO better in Witcher 3
Graphics, basic gameplay are better in RDR (however controls can be confusing at times).

Of course every mentioned aspect is of high quality in either of those games except maybe for rather medicore UI in RDR2.

Overall I prefer Witcher 3.

darn, that's impressive!

For those who have the game.. Which game do you think is better? RDR2 or The Witcher 3?

RDR2 hands down. Witcher 3 was kind of boring. It hardly had any RPG elements and the combat was poor. I'd take the story, combat, characters, etc. from RDR. Witcher fix their control issues with a patch, RDR needs the same.

RDR2 hands down. Witcher 3 was kind of boring. It hardly had any RPG elements and the combat was poor. I'd take the story, combat, characters, etc. from RDR. Witcher fix their control issues with a patch, RDR needs the same.

A patch was just released. Any news on what it actually does?

A patch was just released. Any news on what it actually does?

• [*]Added support for Red Dead Online Beta.
    [*]Added fixes for crashing issues with Red Dead Redemption 2 version 1.03.
    [*]Added fixes for stuttering/lag issues.
    [*]Red Dead Redemption 2 1.03 for PS4 has fixed some glitches.
    [*]Added fixes for framerate drop and freezing issues.
    [*]Added performance and stability improvements.
    [*]Gameplay improvements added with Red Dead Redemption 2 1.03.
    [*]Added other minor fixes and changes with Red Dead Redemption 2 version 1.03.
According to Google.

And I just hit chapter 4 last night.

I was using the pre-order warhorse and just as I come out of Saint Denis, I was ambushed in fog and night by a mass of Lemoyne Raiders, including not 1 but 2 wagon-mounted machine guns. My horse was promptly gunned down and I barely had time to get into cover before I was torn apart. No more warhorse.

At least I was able to buy the Arabian now.

And I just hit chapter 4 last night.

I was using the pre-order warhorse and just as I come out of Saint Denis, I was ambushed in fog and night by a mass of Lemoyne Raiders, including not 1 but 2 wagon-mounted machine guns. My horse was promptly gunned down and I barely had time to get into cover before I was torn apart. No more warhorse.

At least I was able to buy the Arabian now.
Can you tame and break secret horse breeds in RDR2 like in the original RDR? That was one of my favourite parts of the game, I liked the Hungarian horse and the Half-mile horse, and finding them was tricky. When you did, the sense of achievement was magnificent. It was so addictive to tame those secret horses..

Yes, you can steal or tame any horse. Some are rare. I just bought the race horse since money has no real value after a while.

Yeah there's a very rare white Arabian for example, which cannot be purchased, only found.

Still no fix for the PS4 Pro rendering :mad:
I honestly have no issues with it. Using supersampling on 1080p the image is fantastic with no aliasing or shimmering. Yes I read all about the differences and looked at all the comparisons but if Rockstar didn't implement a CB-technique akin to GoW or Spiderman by release, they're not about to turn around and completely re-design the Pro anti-aliasing/upscaling system.

I honestly have no issues with it. Using supersampling on 1080p the image is fantastic with no aliasing or shimmering. Yes I read all about the differences and looked at all the comparisons but if Rockstar didn't implement a CB-technique akin to GoW or Spiderman by release, they're not about to turn around and completely re-design the Pro anti-aliasing/upscaling system.

I think the hope was they would just set it to 1440p and walk away.

After what chapter?

You can start grabbing the gold bars from around the map any time, some are quest based which require the maps, some are not just use google. Each one is worth $500.

You can start grabbing the gold bars from around the map any time, some are quest based which require the maps, some are not just use google. Each one is worth $500.

Yup. If you (the player) are any type of explorer then at least one gold bar is really easy to find given the location is super close to your first main camp and looks unusual enough compared to the surroundings to check out and dig around the buildings for some kind of explanation as to what happened. And $500 goes a long way early in the game, it lets yo buy essential healing items for yourself and your horse, plus weapons and upgrades.

Last edited by a moderator:

I know I've sold one already, can't remember if it was one or two. I don't think I "found" one, I think I got one as part of a mission?

Is there anyway to check the game stats to see how many you've collected?

Back