Red Dead Redemption 2

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Arnold Beckenbauer, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Malo

Malo Yak Mechanicum
    Legend Veteran Subscriber

You know I had a suspicion that this was the case, the fact that my clothes etc were generally the same led me to be identified easier over time. It's a great detail to the game and as with many aspects of RDR2, rather realistic. I'm going to have to change my outfit and see how I fare in some crimes.

2. DSoup

DSoup meh

This is one of the most frustrating things about RDR2. This system is deep and they did a piss poor job of explaining it in game. Among the hours and hours of dialogue and cutscenes, how hard would it have been for a five second segment where Dutch explains the importance of changing your clothes, horse and look to avoid detection when committing a crime in an area where everybody knows you? :runaway:

3. Shortbread

Shortbread Island Hopper
    Veteran

I found the easiest way of looting someone and avoiding witnesses (to a crime) was simply to hogtie the person(s) that I was robbing, bringing them to a secluded area or empty house/shack and completing the crime (this also includes killing persons of interest or revenge). Witnesses will simply mind their business... likely believing you're a bounty hunter.

AzBat and BRiT like this.
  4. AzBat

AzBat Agent of the Bat
    Legend Veteran

Dsoup thanks for that! That's some crazy details I had no idea about. I never change my outfit, horse or my hair. Didn't see the point. Now I do. Guess I will also be more mindful of the bodies & passerbys. Again thanks for the tips.

Tommy McClain

DSoup likes this.
  5. goonergaz

Veteran

Wait, what? The guide has flowcharts explaining this sort of detail? Is it also in the paper version do you know? Might be work picking up.

6. DSoup

DSoup meh

I don't know. If you're able to look at the paper version before you buy, check out pages 19-20 (criminal activities, the honour system, witnesses and an overview of the wanted system) and pages 175-177 (law enforcement, the wanted system, reinforcements 'the wanted loop' flowchart, additional crime systems, wanted levels and lockdown, crime severity and death and financial penalties).

This is basically five pages of explanation of the mechanics of crime. The free companion includes a more detailed game manual than is present in game, which also hints at some of this stuff.

goonergaz likes this.
  7. Scott_Arm

Legend

8. Xbat

Regular Newcomer

Lost my Red Dead save :( had a power outage and corrupted the PS4 firmware, had to format. And no I didn't have plus save back-up enabled. I'm in a dark place right now. :(

DSoup and Scott_Arm like this.
  9. Malo

Malo Yak Mechanicum

:( That sucks! I realized when getting my PS4P that cloud features weren't available unless I paid for plus, which is terrible. I already pay for too many online services. I assume I can backup saves to a USB drive?

10. goonergaz

Veteran

dang, sorry to hear that :(

Yes you can

DSoup likes this.
  11. Shortbread

Shortbread Island Hopper
    Veteran

Sorry to hear that Xbat. :sad:

May I suggest using an APC UPS (surge protection is usually inclusive) or another UPS manufacture, on making sure this never happens again during these type of disruptions. There are some very compact and affordable models on doing so. All my gaming equipment, PCs, network equipment, TVs, and other electronic devices are all protected and powered when needed by UPSs. Just a great investment to have...

Xbat likes this.
  12. RancidLunchmeat

Veteran

Do the masks provide any extra benefit over the bandana or the hood or are they all just for appearances sake? I murdered a bunch of people in a cabin because one of them was abusing their pig, but put on a jason mask before I did it. Bounty hunters showed up and said that mask won't fool us. After I murdered them, I still had a bounty on me... so, not sure the point.

13. DSoup

DSoup meh

The masks are not mentioned at all.

14. snarfbot

Regular Newcomer

Ahh thanks for the tip time to make a bandit costume lol!

15. Shortbread

Shortbread Island Hopper
    Veteran

The other day I was like, "I don't remember so many trees being cut down within this area." Now I see why... :shocked:

Cyan, AzBat, DrJay24 and 4 others like this.
  16. Malo

Malo Yak Mechanicum

Didn't realize those progressions were so numerous and pervasive. Great stuff.

Shortbread likes this.
  17. DSoup

DSoup meh

I never noticed any of the building progress but I did spot the railroad. I stumbled on the end of the a railway line while chasing some treasure from a map and there were a lot of Chinese workers laying track. My girlfriend wanted to see this so I went back to the same spot, which was several days in-game time later, and they had laid quite a lot more track.

18. Shortbread

Shortbread Island Hopper
    Veteran

I believe there are two or more railway construction jobs going on. The first one that I stumbled upon was dealing with the "foreman spy" side mission, and another dealing with track laying issues. Fun times...

DSoup likes this.
  19. Malo

Malo Yak Mechanicum

After a couple of beers tonight, these were a riot:

Cyan, Nesh, Shoujoboy and 2 others like this.
  20. DrJay24

Veteran

I finally finished it. Good game, it grew on me as the story progressed. The controls were always a mess and often frustrating, but the world, characters and story make you look past it. I'd give it a 9/10. I was really surprised at how much further they took it beyond where I thought it would end. I loved the credits and music too. I'm a bit burned out so I will play something else for a while and come back for the post game world later.

For my top games this year I'd put it above Spider-Man and below GoW.

Shortbread likes this.