Red Dead Redemption 2

@Karamazov Lol, shockingly realistic animation as he gets off the wheel and levitates to the ground ;)
Mostly the physics and animation have been solid but today I was creeping down a shale slope to stealthily enter a camp just below, and foolishly ate a tin of peas to top up my health. The can crashes to the ground and rolls down the slope making a ton of noise like barrel complete with barrel-like physics, crashing into rocks and causing a rockslide completing blowing my stealth entry.

I find the most common way to make the animation go wonky is looting. Sometimes the character just struggles to navigate into the correct spot to trigger the loon animation, and then you'll get this weird walking in place, or just plain teleportation to start looting. The looting honestly kind of sucks.

Chapter VI complete. This Jim Milton fellow seems a nice chap. :yep2:

Just completed the story, the ending was pretty predictable... still good though. I guess its time to wonder and explore the land (more) and enjoy the "Endless Summer." :yep2:

unbeliveable

I think that's an understatement. :p

To put that into perspective, in the Spider-Man speculation thread for how many units it'll sell, we got past skepticism that it'd pass 10 million. Then we were wondering how long it would take to pass 15 million if that was possible (it'll pass it at some point). Sure it's just a single SKU, but that's Sony's choice.

RDR2 basically just waltzed past 15 million in its first week. O.O

This doesn't diminish how good Spider-Man is performing, but just highlights how incredibly well RDR2 is doing. It might have already sold more on PS4 than Spider-Man.

Regards,
SB

It's certainly at 20 millions by now !
It won't reach GT5 levels, but i can easily see it selling more than 30millions with PC version and next gen remasters.
If they throw in some battle royale mode it could become big.

It's still behind GTAV (the Western/Cowboy theme is definitely less popular obviously) which sold 11M in a day IIRC.

Yeah, RDR2 or the RDR series will probably never reach GTA level of success, but in its own right it is. RDR2 could (should) easily reach 30-35 million between now, and when the PC edition becomes available. And if R* patches RDR2 for compatibility on the next-generation of systems, along with IQ and texture pack enhancements, I could see it spurring an additional 5 million in new sales (whom waited for the next-generation on purchasing it).

Yeah, RDR2 or the RDR series will probably never reach GTA level of success, but in its own right it is. RDR2 could (should) easily reach 30-35 million between now, and when the PC edition becomes available. And if R* patches RDR2 for compatibility on the next-generation of systems, along with IQ and texture pack enhancements, I could see it spurring an additional 5 million in new sales (whom waited for the next-generation on purchasing it).

I think the game will reach 45/50 millions. Sold 17 millions in 8 days is just insane.

I think the game will reach 45/50 millions. Sold 17 millions in 8 days is just insane.

Technically, "sold-in" into retailers, not necessarily consumers. Buuutttt... I willing to believe retailers aren't overstocking RDR2, but meeting demand for the most part.

Your right about everything (as far as lead-up), including the real ignorant moments of the game. However what I'm talking about comes later on, way later. More to do with hope and karma I guess...

Ok, having finished the game yesterday, I'm still not certain what you're referring too. We may have had different outcomes. I finished the game with maximum honour, this is how my key final missions played out:

At the end of Chapter VI having rescued Sadie, killed Agent Milton who confirmed it was Micah who has been telling him about the gang's activities, I go back to camp and confront Micah about this and a Mexican-standoff ensures with Micah, his cronies, Dutch and Bill pointing guns at me, John and Charles. A bunch of Pinkertons show up at camp and start shooting at everybody.

John and I escape through the cave and when I am given the choice to go back for the money in the cave or help John, I chose the latter. I am mighty upset that my horse dies :( We head off up the mountain exchanging fire with Pinkerton agents on adjacent ridges. We come under a lot of fire and I tell John to escape while I hold them off. I then bump into Micah and get into a fist fight with him. My gun gets knocked away to the ground and I'm crawling towards it slowly when Dutch appears and steps on the gun. They exchange some words and Arthur dies.

Over the course of the second epilogue I ( now John) meet up with Uncle, Charles and Sadie and that chapter concludes with Charles, Sadie and myself heading off to kill Micah. Charles gets shot and Sadie gets slightly stabbed. Eventually I confront Micah and get into a shootout with him when Sadie turns up and pulls her gun on on Micah. A brief chat ensues then Dutch emerges from a nearby cabin and in the confusion, Micah grabs Sadie. I back and forth talk with Micah and Dutch and I convince Dutch to shoot Micah which he does, then I shoot Micah a few more times because he's still waving his gun about. Micah dies and Dutch leaves. Micah looks dead but I shotgun his head off just to safe and Sadie mentions that the cash and gold from the Blackwater job is in the cabin that Dutch just left. I grab that it (it's about 20k) and it's mostly game over.

Charles and Sadie both survive as you see them at John and Abigails' wedding during the closing credits.

Did you get the same outcome or something different?

Given Rockstar have remade a fair chunk of the map of the original game, which I'm still exploring, I would be both surprised and disappointed if we don't see a future DLC with Red Dead Redemption remastered/reimagined because it's such an obvious thing to do and it works as a 'sequel' in the sense of it being a continuation of the story of RDR2.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back