Red Dead Redemption 2

Maybe character models (we haven't really seen them up close though) but i think it's improved in quite a few areas, lighting/shadowing and foliage specifically

1t7aiz.jpg

2ebxkg.jpg

3xelmk.jpg

Another interesting thing to note is that this trailer doesn't have motion blur at all.
Not to mention the steam locomotive, whose smoke looks a lot more defined than before.

Oh boy! Loved it! Looks beautiful to me. Still couldn't understand the narrator playing it on my phone.

Tommy McClain
I don't either. You are native, though, I am not, but well....it's not a big issue tbh.

Supposedly he says this... "listen to me, when the time comes you gotta run and don't look back, this is over".

As I've never played the XB1/PC version of GTA5, it looked great to me. Closest thing on the XB1 I've played would have been Tomb Raider Definitive Edition.

Tommy McClain

Lighting, PBR and foliage look amazing, models are kinda average tho, still fairly impressive overall. Thing is after seeing Horizon ZD, this is really not blowing my mind.

Looks like Rockstar & Sony made an exclusive agreement for some online content & the original Red Dead Redemption is coming to PlayStation Now.

We are pleased to announce that PS4 players get first access to earn select online content in the vast open world of Red Dead Redemption 2. Check back on PlayStation.Blog for more details soon and for all of the latest information on Red Dead Redemption 2.

In addition, the PS3 classic Red Dead Redemption will be coming PlayStation Now soon.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016...tion-and-rockstar-games-announce-partnership/

Disappointed, but not surprised. I think they had a similar agreement on the PS3 version. Didn't change my enjoyment. Though I was hoping for maybe a RDR2-themed special edition XB1 console/controller.

Tommy McClain

$199 for wood varnish controller & $599USD wood varnish console? :runaway:

I'd buy those! :) Well, maybe not another XBO, but Project Scorpio potentially. And when it becomes obsolete or even before, I'd gut the inside and mod it into PC. Mini-ITX board, a PCIE riser card to allow horizontal orientation of a GPU. Should be doable. :D

Regards,
SB

If someone told me this was a GTAV mod, I'd believe them. It's lookinf good, sure, but I'm surprised lighting and general feel is so similar. GTAIV, RDR and GTAV all had a very distinctive look from each other...

If someone told me this was a GTAV mod, I'd believe them. It's lookinf good, sure, but I'm surprised lighting and general feel is so similar. GTAIV, RDR and GTAV all had a very distinctive look from each other...

Guess that's because most of it is based on similar tech (to GTA V). But i think foliage and smoke are both a solid improvement and we've barely seen anything from the game :)

This should also be a game that benefits most from HDR, anything with natural lighting does.

After finally getting to watch the trailer on my lunch break:

I want to snipe that fox before it runs away and trade his filthy carcass in for some cash to spend at a multi-player poker table.
I really hope the trains are more "interactive" and "available", like longer versions of the subway in GTA V. You can just get on whenever you want, off at any stop, but instead of only being short, have a nice long train to explore while you chug chug chug down the track. :)

Back