Red Dead Redemption 2

Why even have settings at all, just go fully dynamic engine like Forza?

That would be fantastic, but I wonder if any studio outside of Microsoft is at the level of polish they are at currently. It's obvious, that it's been a focus for Microsoft's internal studio for a while now.

I know other studios have done small bits of dynamic adjustments (mostly just resolution), but nothing on the level of what Microsoft's studios have done, AFAIK.

I just figure they'll play it safe and have static settings based on console with perhaps dynamic res. and not much else dynamic, which is a bit of a shame.

Regards,
SB

Microsoft's old blocking algorithm not updated for edge yet lol
Wow it does that for me as well. Is that a well known thing for MS and IE? Just completely not display competitors elements in HTML?

Wow it does that for me as well. Is that a well known thing for MS and IE? Just completely not display competitors elements in HTML?

No, just some weird bug. I've never before run into a situation where IE11 didn't show the PS4 logo for a game. Hence, why I didn't even think to check with another browser until after I made my post.

Regards,
SB

Last edited:
That's one way to think of it. But it's more like there's going to be a PS4 version and an Xbox version. Quality settings (textures, shadows, shaders, resolution, framerate, etc.) will be the only things that differ. It's not like there's going to be a PS4-P or Project Scropio version that is going to feature a radically different rendering path. Just like there will eventually be a PC version. And not a different PC version for Nvidia 10xx series, 9xx series, 7xx series, 6xx series and AMD 4xx series, 3xx series, 2xxx series, 7xxxx series, etc.

Regards,
SB

Probably the Scorpio/Pro version IS the PC version, basically is another way to think of it.

red_dead_fry_by_tydanubus-d57wcmb.jpg

Was amazing, the lighting very realistic. Definitely looked like an in-game trailer.

edit. wait, wrong thread?

Yes looks great, the lighting especially. Not sure about Xbox or even PS4 doing all that foliage though.

And more a teaser than a trailer.

Yes looks great, the lighting especially. Not sure about Xbox or even PS4 doing all that foliage though.

And more a teaser than a trailer.

Interesting that the description only mentions Ps4 and Xbox One, this might be the Ps4Pro version. And R* might follow the GTA V model and have people double dip later on for the PC version.

Interesting that the description only mentions Ps4 and Xbox One, this might be the Ps4Pro version. And R* might follow the GTA V model and have people double dip later on for the PC version.
Or by "Xbox" they can get away with making footage on a high end PC emulating the forthcoming Scorpio.

looked good, but not really a step up from GTA5 new gen.
Well I doubt they'd have any kind of new engine yet, maybe a few enhancements on their current version. This title would have been in development likely at least 5 years or so.

looked good, but not really a step up from GTA5 new gen.

Maybe character models (we haven't really seen them up close though) but i think it's improved in quite a few areas, lighting/shadowing and foliage specifically

1t7aiz.jpg

2ebxkg.jpg

3xelmk.jpg

Another interesting thing to note is that this trailer doesn't have motion blur at all.

Oh boy! Loved it! Looks beautiful to me. Still couldn't understand the narrator playing it on my phone.

Tommy McClain

Another interesting thing to note is that this trailer doesn't have motion blur at all.

Maybe just for trailer/scene-composit purposes - don't wanna hide those assets - Things are generally slow moving anyway.

it looks good for sure, but i don't know, i think i was hoping for the same kind of jump like between GTA4 to GTA5 at least.

Back