[PSN] Fat Princess

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by betan, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Shifty Geezer

Shifty Geezer uber-Troll!
    Moderator Legend

Cool. Will have to give it a go. Oh, next week. It's only up in the US at the moment :(.

BTW they have a FAQ and strategy guide up at their blogsite. Hints at deeper play. And in fact, full details on the patch...

2. digitalwanderer

digitalwanderer Dangerously Mirthful
    Legend

Has anyone posted the gratuitous, "She's not a fat princess, she's just big boned!", yet? :|

3. Arwin

Arwin Now Officially a Top 10 Poster
    Moderator Legend

I would personally have expected more comments on the magical cake bit that makes the princess go hungry ... but maybe noone reads the story ;) (it's too easy to press a button to skip)

4. patsu

Legend

The grim reaper at the end of the game is the top player. Is the giant chicken the lowest scorer ?

5. DrJay24

Veteran

Since the patch came out today I finally bought it. For my first online game I joined Patsu, he was on the other team in the number three spot. I was trying my best to figure out what to do. I was pretty good as a priest sitting in a tower harrassing others while healing my team.

The game seems very chaotic, yet pretty deep.

6. patsu

Legend

You were in my game ? I didn't see you. :oops:

Was I playing as a worker or an archer ? I usually play as a worker because he has more varied activities. The bomb is pretty powerful as a one-on-one weapon. However there were 2 guys who ganged up on me. After I got killed by them for the 4th time, I switched to an archer to pwn them ^_^

Btw, as an archer, you can place your arrow over fire to make fire arrows. It's more deadly. The warrior can make fire blade from fire.

7. betan

Veteran

so connection and lag problems are resolved with the patch?

8. patsu

Legend

Connection problem is gone for me. I can connect every single time. When the host leaves, the game reconnects me to a new host without losing the current game. Happened twice to me.

The lag is hidden. I still see it in my last game, but it looks smooth to a casual observer.

EDIT: I think it depends on who's hosting the game. One game I played recently is noticeably lagging for a while.

9. Arwin

Moderator Legend

I didn't know that about the warrior. Talking about the warrior - you know the rush attack it has when you charge it up at level 2? You can aim it using R1 just like aiming with the archer, pretty cool (and deadly! you can kill two enemies with one stroke if they're in reach)

10. Shifty Geezer

Moderator Legend

Fire ignites everything, including large bombs you're carrying around!

11. patsu

Legend

Yes, and an ice mage can defuse a giant bomb by casting the freeze spell. I think rough handling (e.g., bump into an enemy or a bridge) may also ignite the bomb. Dang, I played so many times yesterday that my left hand cramped.

No one knows what the giant chicken at the end of the day mean ?

12. obonicus

Veteran

Are timers default for matches?

13. patsu

Legend

I don't know the limit for each game. Some of them can end really fast (like within 5 minutes). Most last for the entire duration (40-45 min ?).

Today, I also played a Fat Princess soccer match for the first time. It was whacky violence. Basically, the mobs were murdering each other on puddles of blood while a handful tried to shoo 2-3 soccer balls into the goals. :lol:

The regular FP game can get tedious if the team doesn't know how to work together. But if the players cooperate well, the game can go really quickly in different directions. In one of the games, we built the catapult first and swarned the enemy castle right at the beginning. The game was over in 3 minutes. In other games, we had to do it the usual way (Claim strategic outposts, upgrade classes, etc.).

14. deepbrown

Veteran

The top player on the losing team becomes the giant chicken. The top player on the winning team becomes Death.

15. Shifty Geezer

Moderator Legend

How do the patched US servers work with the unpatched EU game? Can I join a US game?

16. deepbrown

Veteran

I think I must have...I didn't have any trouble yesterday. In fact I think I haven't ever - but I always join friends.

17. Cheezdoodles

Veteran

Should i buy this game? Ive seen mixed reviews

18. Arwin

Moderator Legend

You can wait until the patch is also out in Europe, but once it is out, I think you'll like this game.

19. Shifty Geezer

Moderator Legend

Hmmm. It's utterly dependent on teamwork, so Ostepop's preferred Lone-wolfing in FPSes won't carry over. There's next to nothing you can do independently of great value, except maybe resource gathering which seems to be avoided by plenty of players.

I dunno if you can try this game round someone's house? I'd say this is a 'try before you buy' game for anyone who isn't in it purposefully to team up with other folk. If you do want to work at effective teamwork, it looks like being a good title.

20. deepbrown

Veteran

I'm quite lone...and then call others to help me when I need them :D