[PSN] Fat Princess

Eh, I sent you a link to the B3D chatroom a minute ago. That way I'm off the hook.

I am blocking enough people at work already. :yes:

GMT 8pm is PST 1pm I think. I would be working. :^/

Are you guys just joining games as friends? Is there an official list of B3D PSN Id's?

I'm lovswr on both PSN & LIVE!

I bought the game on day one & had some good matches at first. Now, I am already finding that a lot of people just want to play death match. Looking for some more mature peeps would would like to use strategy.

PSN ID list: http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=35887

I'll send you a chatroom link when I get to my PS3.

EDIT:
Yet another update from Titan Studios: http://titanstudios.com/blog/2009/08/feedback-fixes-faq-and-strategies/

Known Issues, Bugs, Imbalances
The following bugs and imbalances have been well reported and documented. In general, there is no need to send additional information. If you come across something new – please send it on.
* Failed Game Connections
* Lag
* Hosting Problems
* AoE Scoring Exploits
* Stalemates
* Missing Princess (on certain levels)
* Dead Hat Machines
* Scoreboard Issues (only top 1000 scores shown)
* Ranking System Problems

Balancing, Feature Requests, Other Comments
We have also received hundreds of great suggestions, some of which will directly result in changes to the game at some point down the road. Among those that have been well documented:
* Changes to Ranking System
* Changes to Scoring System
* Stalemate Breakers (e.g. – Finite Cake, Slim Fast Princess)
* Server Lists
* Clan Management
* Hosted Servers
* Class Balance
* More Classes
* More Class Upgrades
* More Maps
* More Modes
* More Sports
* Even Fatter Princesses
* Unbelievably Fat Gargantuan Princesses

Got the game ! SP seems boring and a chore to do ! Could not get into a single MP game at all :( !

I got Crash Commando along with this ,and, belive it or not, that game is immensely more fun than Fat Princess ! I'll play Crash Commando untill Titan solves issues, but I am guessing I'll getr hooked to Crash commando and it might get difficult to come to FP after that.

FINALLY got into my first game yesterday after at least 20 tries since Friday. Was VERY entertaining. All you need is a few people to help direct/organize and you can have pretty good success.

I never felt like i was really specifically playing with any given person as their voices tend to be nameless and the action gets quite frantic. Not really sure how long I will keep playing, but between the SP action, and a few games of MP last night, I consider my $15 well spent.

Are you guys just joining games as friends? Is there an official list of B3D PSN Id's?

I'm lovswr on both PSN & LIVE!

I bought the game on day one & had some good matches at first. Now, I am already finding that a lot of people just want to play death match. Looking for some more mature peeps would would like to use strategy.

Yo ! I dropped you a friend invite yesterday. Waiting for you to accept it. I will send you the chatroom invite after that. You can drop me from your friends list but the chatroom will stay. :)

Started DL'ing last night, paused, and will resume now as I potter off to do some football boots shopping.

Looking forward to getting stuck in. :)

Got the game ! SP seems boring and a chore to do ! Could not get into a single MP game at all :( !

I got Crash Commando along with this ,and, belive it or not, that game is immensely more fun than Fat Princess ! I'll play Crash Commando untill Titan solves issues, but I am guessing I'll getr hooked to Crash commando and it might get difficult to come to FP after that.

Crash commando was much better then Fat Princess, but I frequently got disconnected and ended up playing with bots. And got my trophies quite easily, but i wouldve anyway - was very good at it

And got my trophies quite easily, but i wouldve anyway - was very good at it

:oops: Man, I blush for you... Not humble at all. Not humble at all. :nope:

EDIT:

Now more questions:

1. Why does the bomb ignite halfway *sometimes* when I was catapulted ? It'd explode when I landed.

2. It seems that broken ladders cannot be repaired. They have to be torn down (using more explosive) and then rebuilt. Is this normal ?

Oh and I figured out the "angry baby" characters, they are simply other idling players who didn't have a job class yet. :)

:oops: Man, I blush for you... Not humble at all. Not humble at all. :nope:
Nothing wrong with honest candor and people recognising what they're good at, as long as they also recognise what they're bad at.

1. Why does the bomb ignite halfway *sometimes* when I was catapulted ? It'd explode when I landed.
I know the potions explodes the moment the catapult launches. My guess is sometimes the catapult physics count as an impact that starts the bomb. Maybe this explains why I never got 3 bombs to fire simultaneously, because they blew mid air?
2. It seems that broken ladders cannot be repaired. They have to be torn down (using more explosive) and then rebuilt. Is this normal ?
You can axe ladders. I haven't tried repairing semi-busted ones.

RenegadeRocks said:
Wish I could play with u guys :cry: ! How r u guys connecting to games?!?!?!? I just can't get in !
I'm not. I'm playing VC while I'm waiting for the patch!

Nothing wrong with honest candor and people recognising what they're good at, as long as they also recognise what they're bad at.

I know the potions explodes the moment the catapult launches. My guess is sometimes the catapult physics count as an impact that starts the bomb. Maybe this explains why I never got 3 bombs to fire simultaneously, because they blew mid air?

I'm not. I'm playing VC while I'm waiting for the patch!

I've been playing. It's been fine...but none of you guys will play with me :(

I've been working on the podcast stuff. :D Will try to get a game in though. I would imagine that if I (or someone else in our group) host a game Shifty you should be able to join it? Also, the hosting works so that if you have a game that contains four real players or more, other real players will be put into this game much more quickly. So if we create a game and jump in with a bunch of us at the same time, we should have a good game going quickly enough.

I was carrying the bomb. Most of the time, I can reach the destination safely. Sometimes, the bomb will ignite in mid-air and explode near impact.

Yeah, I can't repair damaged ladders. The pie chart appeared but there was no progress. I had to bomb the ladder and rebuild another one.

I've been playing. It's been fine...but none of you guys will play with me :(

It's pretty hard getting into any one game. Trying to get into a particular game would be near impossible I fear.

I've been working on the podcast stuff. :D Will try to get a game in though. I would imagine that if I (or someone else in our group) host a game Shifty you should be able to join it? Also, the hosting works so that if you have a game that contains four real players or more, other real players will be put into this game much more quickly. So if we create a game and jump in with a bunch of us at the same time, we should have a good game going quickly enough.

How do you host a game ? I tried "Find game" and "Jump In". Couldn't find a host game option. "Control Freak" ?

Send more podcast whenever you're ready.

Yeah, I can't repair damaged ladders. The pie chart appeared but there was no progress. I had to bomb the ladder and rebuild another one.
Actually IIRC doesn't the worker alternate between hacking a ladder to bits and fixing it? So no, you're right, you can't repair a ladder.
Try to join a friend thats already in a game, that way I have not been refused yet.
Still very hit and miss. Mostly it fails. It's nothing to do with settings as I've checked all these. Other online games have no problem connecting.

Have been toying with this game, off and on.

I think the worker class may be the most versatile. With target bombing, he's quite deadly. Plus the worker could harvest raw materials, build ladder to breach castle security, and repair stuff to defend a castle.

EDIT: Holy sh*t, just when I was thinking about the game, they posted an udpate: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/08/07/fat-princess-multiplayer-connections-improved/

We’re happy to announce that we’re releasing a patch late tonight, Friday August 7, to help fix some of these connection issues. This will be released for N. America region, with patches for Europe and Asia to follow as soon as possible.

We’re also going to be tweaking some of the point balances and classes based on fan feedback. Several of you have also been asking about the player ranks. Here’s an explanation:

Rankings are awarded as you accrue the following points:
Squire – 500-599
Private – 600-699
Corporal – 700-799
Sergeant – 800-899
Ensign – 900-999
Lieutenant – 1000-1249
Captain – 1250-1499
General – 1500-1749
Warlord – 1750-1999
Sir (Dame) – 2000-2249
Baron (Baroness) – 2250-2499
Earl (Countess) -2500-2999
Duke (Duchess) – 3000-3499
Lord (Lady) – 3500-3999
Prince (Princess) – 4000-4499
King (Queen) – 4500+

EDIT 2:
Patch is now live !

Worked the first try. Hope the condition holds for more than a day. :)

Back