PSN+ - impressions so far..

yes, that's right - the exact same thing happened to me with one of my games - next day I switched on it told me the patch was installed...IIRC it was the same time I d/l those demos, I was really chuffed to be saved the hassle

Undoubtedly my favorite feature of PS+, so far. Like tha_con said, that alone makes it worth the price for me. I just wish it was more clear about what it actually downloaded. The "New Content has been downloaded for X." isn't very detailed. It's nice for a summary, but having an actual log available of what was done would be nice for the curious among us (i.e. keep the current summary message, add an optional log for people to check).

I just wish it was more clear about what's it actually downloaded. The "New Content has been downloaded for X." isn't very detailed. It's nice for a summary, but having an actual log available of what was done would be nice for the curious among us (i.e. keep the current summary message, add an optional log for people to check).

indeed, also I have kids and they sometimes switch the console on so I get no info whatsoever!

Are the patches reflected in the PS Store Download List ?

Good question. New content (such as the autodownloaded "featured demos") would be, but patches, so far as I'm aware, do not. Unless, of course, they're something you download from the store, like a DLC content pack. At least, the last time I checked my list I didn't see any patches listed.

welp PS+ users have an exclusive shot at KZ3 beta this month so thats good. As for the auto patch deal... that's actually a pretty useful feature, but it depends on how regularly play your games. For someone like me its not as useful since I play every day and the auto update checks every 48 hours.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010...en-to-all-playstation-plus-subscribers-today/

In late September, we announced that select PlayStation Plus subscribers would be invited to participate in the PlayStation-exclusive Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood beta. Today, we are happy to announce that we have worked with Ubisoft to open this opportunity to all PlayStation Plus subscribers! Gamers interested in getting a first glimpse at the Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood multiplayer mode can access the beta from the PlayStation Plus category on the PlayStation Store.

Bah… not a direction I want to see it go.

I like the old promo code mechanism better. That way, I can send the code to someone who's more enthusiastic than me. I didn't even step beyond 100 feet in the first game.

And you played it after you got PSN+?
Yep, although I did replace my old PS3 for a slim at around the same time.
I've had + the day it was introduced.
Transferring the data to my new PS3 must have resetted something as I've had to download patces to all my games manually when I've started them the first time in the new Slim.
I did start Singstar on the Slim to download all purchased content earlier this week, but as I started it again the testerday, it had not downloaded the new patch.
I think the reason is the patch was just released and maybe it wasn't yet live in the morning when I've timed my PS3 to download the patches, but was live in the afternoon when I started Singstar.

Yep, although I did replace my old PS3 for a slim at around the same time.
I've had + the day it was introduced.
Transferring the data to my new PS3 must have resetted something as I've had to download patces to all my games manually when I've started them the first time in the new Slim.
I did start Singstar on the Slim to download all purchased content earlier this week, but as I started it again the testerday, it had not downloaded the new patch.
I think the reason is the patch was just released and maybe it wasn't yet live in the morning when I've timed my PS3 to download the patches, but was live in the afternoon when I started Singstar.

Also, as others have noted, it only checks every 48 hours. Not every day (like it should :p).

I didn't even step beyond 100 feet in the first game.

Your loss :(

Anyway, I personally feel this is a better way to handle beta's. While you may give unused promo codes to friends, there are far too many instances of the unscrupulous getting the gullibe to pay for such codes, which I feel is morally abhorent.

Having such beta's or preview builds open to PS+ subscribers only very much levels the playing field.

Your loss :(

Ha ha, I would have played it differently if it hadn't crash within 30 seconds. And we had to wait a month or so for a fix.

Anyway, I personally feel this is a better way to handle beta's. While you may give unused promo codes to friends, there are far too many instances of the unscrupulous getting the gullibe to pay for such codes, which I feel is morally abhorent.

Having such beta's or preview builds open to PS+ subscribers only very much levels the playing field.

Level what playing field ? The developers will get more and better feedback from the participants. There may be some star game designers who can't afford to (or refuse to) sign up.

For selling promo code, people will sign up PSN+ themselves if "promo code" resellers overcharge. Many will get it free or at lower cost. PSN+ subscribers may be happier too. At least I know mine will go to someone who appreciate the game more than me.

Ok, LBP2 beta for PS+ members is coming. But today I also received Dead Space 2 beta (for PS+ members) in my XMB inbox.

The redemption and download process is short and sweet. Kudos to Sony.

Back