[PSN] Fat Princess

Does the online issues still persists ?
Its the only thing stopping me to buy this game.

The online issues are not bad, yes sometimes it takes 2-3 tries to get into a game.
As for Shifty's problem, that sounds router related and not game specific.

I would get the game now, because the minor online problems we see now, are just that minor niggles.

I have to say I have been really enjoying the game. I played through quite a few single player missions, testing classes, getting used to controls. Got a good feel of the game. I tried to play 4 multiplayer games and haven't been able to connect yet.

Is there an easy way to select who you want to target with L1? Or change once you have someone targeted?

I really like the pace of the game and the action. The classes are fun and I can really see how playing with non AI will be very entertaining. I am concerned thought about joining random games and communication.

I just won 2 games in succession. The Archer class is not bad too. Spilled a boat load of strawberry-colored blood.

Shifty, doesn't the targeting keep on the same enemy until he/she dies ? To retarget, it seems that I have to get out of range of the initial target. But I'm not sure about this.

Not if you release L1. You'll auto-target to some degree without pressing L1, so you may have found you target, shoot, release L1 and keep shooting the same guy. But if you were to attack without locking, you'd target anyway. The Arena is the place to practice targeting. Progressive difficulty helps refine the skills. I don't get very far when there are a half-dozen trouble-makers!

My problem at the moment is I'm a targeting obsessive, holding down L1 when not needed. In a rumble it's sometimes better to just let loose the arrows without picking on one target, especially when there are weak enemies just waiting to be dropped by a final blow.

I played a few online games. I don't have problem joining games, but some games are very slow (there's a red snail on the lower left of the screen). In another game there's a yellow snail. In red snail games it's almost unplayable as everything got delayed by perhaps one second or more. So you run to a tower, for example, and see no one. Then a few seconds later, suddenly there's a bunch of enemies around you and you are dead XD

I don't know whether it select games based on regions though (it should be, at least in "automatic" mode, IMHO).

The in game manual is indeed quite brief. For example, there's no indication on how advanced warrior works. So my control on warriors were pretty bad at first, eaten by ranged attacking classes. Then I found out that by targeting and holding it can charge the enemies, which looks very satisfying :)

The priest is also a relatively easy class to play, but it's sometimes difficult to select an ally with lower health, especially when there's a crowd of people around you.

So, Im thinking about buying a head set for FP. But I have a few questions:
1) what is a good head set?
2) is the default head set any good from a performance/price point of view
3) using a head set, will it play only spoken words or will i hear sound effects, music etc too?
4) tips on a good stereo head set?

a few questions are basically the same

So, Im thinking about buying a head set for FP. But I have a few questions:
1) what is a good head set?
2) is the default head set any good from a performance/price point of view
3) using a head set, will it play only spoken words or will i hear sound effects, music etc too?
4) tips on a good stereo head set?

a few questions are basically the same

usb/buetooth headsets are usable for voice chat only so there is no point having a stereo headset.

However you can use regular or optical stereo (or 3D) headphones for voice along with music and effects. You'd still need a usb/bluetooth mic to speak though.

I was bought a Gioteck EX-01 headset a week or so ago, and I heartily recommend it, because it's on-the-ear, not in the ear. Transparently comfortable. And AFAICS that's really all that matters, as long as the basic mechanics are there. Clear voice, no drops, and you can wear it for hours without knowing it's there.

However you can use regular or optical stereo (or 3D) headphones for voice along with music and effects. You'd still need a usb/bluetooth mic to speak though.
If you're going to go that route, the PSEye provides the microphone while you await an application to use it.

If you're going to go that route, the PSEye provides the microphone while you await an application to use it.

Yes ! That's what I use mostly. The large headphone is more comfortable and reproduces higher quality sound. At the same time, PS Eye has extra functionality for some games besides chatting (e.g., SingStar video, Wipeout photo talking).

According to the GAF headset thread, the Official headset HQ mode seems to have better chat quality compared to others, including PS Eye. It doubles as my cellphone headset. So I will leave it in the car accidentally sometimes.

I don't understand how headsets can differe in quality. Unless some headsets drop data going to the PS3, the quality should be a matter of the game's chat system. Fat Princess is good as telephone, if not better. Warhawk is garbled, like a weak digital radio broadcast.

Um, which is going off topic.

On topic, the FP blog has been updated with news of patch progress.
We have implemented a number of fixes for previously identified problems, focusing most of our efforts on connection failures. We have already tested this patch on our own client machines, and performance appears to be dramatically improved. We are working with Sony now to get the patch into the Sony testing process as soon as possible.

The HQ mode has/is noise cancellation (only when plugged into PS3). According to the GAF folks, they can hear HQ mode people better.

EDIT: Nice and quick update on the Fat Princess fix.

More update from Titan Studios:

Thanks for the continuing flood of suggestions/complaints/praise/bug-reports. To make it easier to collect everything in one place, we’ve created a new email address to which you can send everything Fat Princess:
FatPrincess@TitanStudios.com

Among the interface, design and balance issues and ideas that have been raised by many of you:
* Scoring System
* Ranking System
* Server List
* Stalemates / Balance

We’ll be considering all of these things in the coming weeks and, as always, keep you posted. Thanks again to all of you! We appreciate that we already have such a strong and active community of players.
- Titan Dev

UPDATE:
Thanks for all the feedback, there a few known issues that we know about and are working on:
* Ice Mage abuse
* Difficulty joining games
* Rank and Point balance issues

I believe the last batch of changes is already with Sony. However, Sony did not promise any date yet.

Good for Titan for being open with the public! It's far, far better to stay in touch then leave people in the dark. Fingers crossed the patch rolls out soon and I can get back into trying this game!

You spam the charged AoE spell. You get 10 points for every enemy hit whether you hit them full power or not, so spamming the spell you contribute next to nothing to the team but make 40-50 points per second.

Back