[PS3] Infamous 2

The city seems a bit quiet outside of missions. People don't seem to say anything like they did in Infamous 1, and there's no music. Maybe it's just an issue with the demo.

Visually, Image quality leaves a lot bit to be desired. no AA, little AF, very obvious low res alpha, shadow res..and then the pop in..it's a bit jarring after the recent big hitting titles.

Definitely getting the game though.

The city seems a bit quiet outside of missions. People don't seem to say anything like they did in Infamous 1, and there's no music. Maybe it's just an issue with the demo.

Visually, Image quality leaves a lot bit to be desired. no AA, little AF, very obvious low res alpha, shadow res..and then the pop in..it's a bit jarring after the recent big hitting titles.

Hey at least it's 720p with HDR, SSAO, realtime reflection, colliding particles and all:). Framerate seems stable too.

But how many of the games you're referring to, open world games?

You have a point but I feel that even older open world titles are cleaner. Haven't played LA Norie but that seems more visually polished too.

The bells and whistles; god rays, SSAO etc are nice though. Surprised there was water ripples when I shocked the water, a nice detail considering you're not supposed to go in it..tons of light sources too.

Hey at least it's 720p with HDR, SSAO, realtime reflection, colliding particles and all:). Framerate seems stable too.

Perception of framerate might differ depending on how you play ;) I like to lob bombs everywhere and it gets pretty shaky :smile:

It's an open world game with user generated content. May be difficult to optimize for all cases.

How's the performance with user assets ?

Gamespot has reviewed it very harshly , says it has taken a step back from its predecessor ! The video in the same review looks rad though !

Perfect, I loved IF1 :) Not even bothering with the demo, just gonna buy the game.

Just playing Infamous now as it was my welcome back gift, and the graphics of Infamous 2 are way better, but the game grabs me much more than any open world game has so far and it is giving me a feeling it is worthwhile playing Infamous 1 before infamous 2. They really do a nice job of getting you into the game from the get go with a lot of spectacular and dramatic stuff to do. I also really like the platforming elements, makes travel in this open world a lot more fun than in most games. I played until the game unfortunately crashed on me when I tried shooting a reaper from a wire I was running on, and so far I really like it.

You have mentioned the undeniable flaws, but you are missing the rest of goodness.I don't remember so much open world game with SSAO, HDR, ton of source light & shaft with those texture. & the interactivity stuff it's really good too. I found pretty sadic not use the MLAA at least for the low transparancies artifact, I doubt there aren't enough sources for a 'limited' or a little touch of MLAA. Or even a TAA solutions was been better of nothing IMHO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just playing Infamous now as it was my welcome back gift, and the graphics of Infamous 2 are way better, but the game grabs me much more than any open world game has so far and it is giving me a feeling it is worthwhile playing Infamous 1 before infamous 2. They really do a nice job of getting you into the game from the get go with a lot of spectacular and dramatic stuff to do. I also really like the platforming elements, makes travel in this open world a lot more fun than in most games. I played until the game unfortunately crashed on me when I tried shooting a reaper from a wire I was running on, and so far I really like it.

Wow I can't believe you almost missed inFamous. Agree with everything above. I only completed like 50+%, which is a record for open world games. The runner up lasted 15 minutes. 8^P

Hope to see more melee actions.

Wow I can't believe you almost missed inFamous. Agree with everything above. I only completed like 50+%, which is a record for open world games. The runner up lasted 15 minutes. 8^P

Hope to see more melee actions.

Yeah, the demo put me off, but the game brings me into the action nice and paced-like, and it's actually quite addictive. Already put one or two more hours into it, really enjoying it so far.

I continue to not understood the choose of camera setting & the controls in this sequel, really... I have download infamous yesterday, & there are a lot better control & camera perspective to the infamous 2... it is almost impossible to watch the goodness of graphic, I know sound pretty maniac blame only of that, but I can't see anything when I move Cole, except during the platform session.

I continue to not understood the choose of camera setting & the controls in this sequel, really... I have download infamous yesterday, & there are a lot better control & camera perspective to the infamous 2... it is almost impossible to watch the goodness of graphic, I know sound pretty maniac blame only of that, but I can't see anything when I move Cole, except during the platform session.

Just running slower doesn't help?

You have mentioned the undeniable flaws, but you are missing the rest of goodness.I don't remember so much open world game with SSAO, HDR, ton of source light & shaft with those texture. & the interactivity stuff it's really good too. I found pretty sadic not use the MLAA at least for the low transparancies artifact, I doubt there aren't enough sources for a 'limited' or a little touch of MLAA. Or even a TAA solutions was been better of nothing IMHO.
Yeah. I hope PS360 does a framerate analysis on this game soon. How many open world console games can, technically, match or exceed the amount of features in Infamous 2; at that framerate?

I have the game on pre-order and can hardly wait for it to get here!

Argh, don't forget user generated content in the open world. It's one of the biggest and most interesting differentiators.

Just running slower doesn't help?

I don't have the final game, but in the demo is almost impossible running slower... infamous 2 is a lot frenetic even in the slow controls... really I don't like the new 'setting' of SP... I have understood the game point more on the parkour session but why is impossible to move slowly or normally?:???:

I kinda agree with this. I haven't played the first game in quite a while, but I don't remember the controls and camera being anywhere near as squirrelly. The whole game has definitely been sped up considerably and playing it can be a wee bit nauseating.
This doesn't mean it isn't any fun, because oh boy, it is!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back