Ps3: Firmware 1.6

I understand everything,but I asked the question because it wasn't confirmed,it's called thinking out loud.We all do it on forums sometimes. In fact I even mentioned in a later post that they probably allowed it due to slow browsing being deemed ok vs laggy gameplay but again nothing was confirmed so it was a fair question to ask. I'm one step ahead of you again.
If you are so smart, your above post should have been your first response to my original post on the subject?
And why are you being such a smarta"ss to a simple inquiry? You have could have politely responded with the correct answer to my original post. Having a bad day?

1) you DID get that first response before as well.

2) I am not trying to be a smartass. Sorry if I sounded that way

3) Nobody judged your question whether its fair or not. It was a question that mixed too things of different usage and importance. It was just pointed out. Twice

4) Please keep insults and remarks out of discussion

I don't get it either. It's great if Linux can see all files that are on the system, as you'll probably end up putting videos and music somewhere under XMB's reign, and duplicating them for Linux would be ... dumb.
But those files should be in a clearly designated location in the Linux tree (suggestion: /home/your_name/XMB/), not just at the root of the hierarchy with everything tangled into one monolithic mess.

With the single issue of relatively fixed size, partitions are a good thing, especially if you're not sure when/if you're going to dispose of the Linux install (or try another distro or whatever). I really don't understand how they're separating the domains if not with partitions. I'll try and have a look into how the drive is laid out sometime. Atm I think they're either using ext3 for the XMB's files anyway and now fully unifiy the filesystem (which is nuts!), or they are nuts in some other way :p

Please let me know your findings...

If they can share the same partition, I'm thinking of redoing my disk to reclaim the space on the Linux side :)

I don't get it either. It's great if Linux can see all files that are on the system, as you'll probably end up putting videos and music somewhere under XMB's reign, and duplicating them for Linux would be ... dumb.
But those files should be in a clearly designated location in the Linux tree (suggestion: /home/your_name/XMB/), not just at the root of the hierarchy with everything tangled into one monolithic mess.

With the single issue of relatively fixed size, partitions are a good thing, especially if you're not sure when/if you're going to dispose of the Linux install (or try another distro or whatever). I really don't understand how they're separating the domains if not with partitions. I'll try and have a look into how the drive is laid out sometime. Atm I think they're either using ext3 for the XMB's files anyway and now fully unifiy the filesystem (which is nuts!), or they are nuts in some other way :p

I haven't seen it, but I'm going to guess that the Linux device is created as a file and Linux itself only sees what it writes onto that device/file.

Back