PS3 firmware 2.60 with Divx 3.11 and Photo Gallery

If you have the space, a full-size Bluetooth keyboard works much better. The Logitech PS3 one maps the Playstation buttons to designated keys as well.

In-game web browsing is already used in several PS3 applications, including Xi in Home (for looking up clues in ARG). I guess in-game Internet Search -- assuming the rumor is true -- would activate the icon in in-game XMB.

I actually already have that Logitech Bluetooth Keyboard. I love it :)

But it would be easier in-game to use something already on the controller than pick up one, drop the other, pick the other up, drop, etc etc.

Aye, I usually pick up the keyboard and controller when I start the PS3. Once the keyboard is in position, switching takes about 2 seconds. ^_^

I can type a few times faster than thumbing. To each his own ! My only interest in the keypad is the touch + gesture capability, but nothing uses it yet. Heck, the Logitech keyboard comes with a touch pad too. I use it for YellowDog Linux navigation.

Aye, I usually pick up the keyboard and controller when I start the PS3. Once the keyboard is in position, switching takes about 2 seconds. ^_^

I can type a few times faster than thumbing. To each his own ! My only interest in the keypad is the touch + gesture capability, but nothing uses it yet. Heck, the Logitech keyboard comes with a touch pad too. I use it for YellowDog Linux navigation.

Wait...YDL supports Bluetooth now!?

Yes. You need a USB keyboard (and mouse) for the initial setup. After that, you can switch to a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse, or combo. Without wireless keyboard, I would be sitting too close to the big screen TV.

There is some problem switching between Linux and Game OS. The DS3/SIXAXIS controllers will need to be repaired (i.e., reconnect using USB cable once).

Back