Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon: Another Story

K.I.L.E.R

Retarded moron
Veteran
When does the story take place?
Before or after the TV series?

I think it's afterwards because the sailor scouts mention that Queen Beryl "might be revived".
Can someone fill me in on the details?
BTW Who are the new sailor scouts? Pluto, Uranus, etc...

BTW: Does the storyline of the game fit with the TV series?

hm... honestly and seriously, Google might turn up better in-depth summaries...

But here goes:

The other sailors show up in Sailor Moon S. Uranus and Neptune are searching for people with pure heart crystals and so are the new bad guys. They are not actively working with the original sailors, although they do get rid of the bad guys when it suits them.

Never heard of the game though, sorry.

Uh, did Sailor Moon even finish its story in the US? I remember the show from a long while back, I don't think it lasted even 1 season in the US though. Do they even make Sailor Moon games in the US?

Fox5 said:
Uh, did Sailor Moon even finish its story in the US? I remember the show from a long while back, I don't think it lasted even 1 season in the US though. Do they even make Sailor Moon games in the US?
They finished up SuperS back in 2000, but didn't bring Stars across. That was four full series, though, brought out in odd order. (They stopped for a few years in the middle of R then finished it up and ran through S and SuperS.)

As for video games, though...? To my knowledge, nothing much aside from the topic here.

(Yes, I'm rather a hopeless otaku. WANNA MAKE SUMFIN OF IT?!! ;) )

cthellis42 said:
They finished up SuperS back in 2000, but didn't bring Stars across. That was four full series, though, brought out in odd order. (They stopped for a few years in the middle of R then finished it up and ran through S and SuperS.)

As for video games, though...? To my knowledge, nothing much aside from the topic here.

(Yes, I'm rather a hopeless otaku. WANNA MAKE SUMFIN OF IT?!! ;) )

Woah, I just remember the old sailor moon, no subtitles, that used to show on the ABC (I think it was ABC anyway) network I think right before the mortal kombat cartoon or something. It came on right before I went to school in the morning. I remember hearing quite a bit of it was censored (like entire parts of episodes cut out to hide the fact that some of the sailor scouts were really guys), and there was that tuxedo mask dude, and the show didn't make any sense at all. It also had a horrible timeslot that replaced some other show I liked to watch at the time.....oh wow, I can't believe I actually used to get up early enough to get ready for school, eat breakfast, and watch TV. For most of high school and now in college I'm constantly running late, usually just hopping out of bed, getting dressed, and then sprinting/speeding to class.

Wow... blast from the past... Used to LOVE Sailor Moon and watched it till the end (or what i think was the end, and i'm pretty sure it was) in Italy... Very gay, which brings me to ask.... you guys liked Sailor Moon? I mean, it's VERY gay... At least i have an excuse, but you...? :devilish:

I know many girls who love Sailor Moon.
How doses that make it gay?

london-boy said:
Wow... blast from the past... Used to LOVE Sailor Moon and watched it till the end (or what i think was the end, and i'm pretty sure it was) in Italy... Very gay, which brings me to ask.... you guys liked Sailor Moon? I mean, it's VERY gay... At least i have an excuse, but you...? :devilish:

K.I.L.E.R said:
I know many girls who love Sailor Moon.
How doses that make it gay?

Sailor Moon is teh girly. Which is fine for big strong beautiful queers like me... I mean we're talking Kylie-Minogue-with-huge-pink-feather-ensembles-girly here...:devilish:

london-boy said:
Well, back in "the day" these still wasn't an unparalleled amount of anime coming across the ocean, nor was there an internet to more easily suppliment fansub options, so I had more reason to check it out.

Plus, like Dragonball and no matter what you feel about it, it's certainly a big part of the culture--and a big part of the culture that got exported HERE--so it's worth paying attention to even from a sociological standpoint. ;)

Plus, Sailor Mars is a hottie.

cthellis42 said:
Well, back in "the day" these still wasn't an unparalleled amount of anime coming across the ocean, nor was there an internet to more easily suppliment fansub options, so I had more reason to check it out.

Plus, like Dragonball and no matter what you feel about it, it's certainly a big part of the culture--and a big part of the culture that got exported HERE--so it's worth paying attention to even from a sociological standpoint. ;)

Plus, Sailor Mars is a hottie.

Yeah Sailor Mars was always my favourite!! Though Sailor Pluto (in the later seasons) gave her a run for the money!! :LOL:

Personally i loved it, and i loved how it all ended (different sailor soldiers from different planets, all killed by the big bad, who was also a sailor... and blah blah blah), though it got a bit too much in the end. Bit disjointed so to speak.

Alstrong said:
:oops: wha?? they all get killed? Which storyline is that?

Nooo.. not the ones we know (although i think they do die a couple of times throughout the whole show), i mean the ones from other solar systems and galaxies... like, there are hundreds and thousands of sailors all from different galaxies... and the last big bad is a sailor who got so strong because she killed a lot of them.. or at least i think that's the story, it was a long time ago...
I'm pretty sure it was the last ever season. Unless they made another one (in the comics too i mean) after that, but i'm pretty sure the comic finished with Sailor Moon finally defeating that one big bad..

K.I.L.E.R said:
The chics are homosexuals as well.
I bet you didn't know that. :p

I'm surprised it was marketted as a children's cartoon in the USA.

BTW, did anyone watch Megas XLR? I really enjoyed that show, and I thought the Sailor Moon cameo in it was quite funny.

Personally i loved it, and i loved how it all ended (different sailor soldiers from different planets, all killed by the big bad, who was also a sailor... and blah blah blah), though it got a bit too much in the end. Bit disjointed so to speak.

Bah, I'm sure they all got resurrected by the Sailor Queen (sailor moon of course, and all naked) and then (naked) combined and defeated the big bad boss. Or something.

london-boy said:
*long explanation*

oooo.....hundreds and thousands of hotties. Me likey. :LOL: ;) So I'm guessing it was explained in Sailor Stars? The premise of that storyline kinda weirded me out with the males turning into female sailors or something.

Alstrong said:
oooo.....hundreds and thousands of hotties. Me likey. :LOL: ;) So I'm guessing it was explained in Sailor Stars? The premise of that storyline kinda weirded me out with the males turning into female sailors or something.

Ok my memory totally fails me here... i'll have to google the complete storyline to see what's going on... :LOL:
There you go, the last season is Sailor Stars (which was dubbed in Italian but never in English, which would explain why you missed it, and this is the big bad:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sailor_Galaxia (links in that page should take you to the whole Sailor Moon story throughout the seasons).

Never saw a single episode of SM when it aired here (thought it was a kiddy girls anime...hmmm, but I still do think it sounds like a girlykiddy anime :) )... but BOY!! It sounds like I missed something good... now onto torrents I go!
I never really was a fan of anime (mainly because I'd never really seen anythink beyond Pokemon) before NGE aired here a year or so ago, but now I've become sort of addicted to viewing them on PSP, trouble is there's just too much to choose for the uninitiated.

Last edited by a moderator:
rabidrabbit said:
Never saw a single episode of SM when it aired here (thought it was a kiddy girls anime)... but BOY!! It sounds like I missed something good... now onto torrents I go!
I never really was a fan of anime (mainly because I'd never really seen anythink beyond Pokemon) before NGE aired here a year or so ago, but now I've become sort of addicted to viewing them on PSP, trouble is there's just too much to choose for the uninitiated.

I'll warn you that the first episodes, and most of the first season is a bit dull. As usual the animated series is full of filler episodes and runs at about 200 episodes for the whole show. But really, when things get tough and dramatic, the show is really great and epic, especially cause you get used to the girls being all cute and sweet, that when something bad happens (and lots of very bad things happen!), you actually feel it. A bit like Kingdom Hearts and how it really hits you when bad things happen to the cutey Disney characters...

I particularly loved the saga with Sailor Saturn - before and during her awakening - and the "outer solal system" super lesbian sailors.

Also the notion of resurrection and communication between the present and past or future Sailor Moon (Queen Serenity in the past and various Sailor Moon's in the future) is very cool.

Oh and i'll say it again, VERY girly at times.

Back