Cyan's *Must-Have* Skyrim Mod Recommendation Super-Gush Thread - daily updates

alas, that's not possible on consoles, afaik. It is a feature that most people criticized for not being included in the console version of the game. I'd certainly love to keep my characters from my 600+ hours into vanilla X360
It's always been a risky move to buy Bethesda RPGs on console. But I think you can probably blame sandboxing on consoles. It's supported on PC but the issue is probably getting previous gen game save file into a current gen game.

How to bake an actual sweetroll based on Skyrim recipe.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-04-05-watch-johnny-bakes-sweetrolls-from-skyrim

skyrim-sweetroll-1024x576.jpg

one of the mods I wanted the most, Recorder ,made its way into the Xbox One version too. I also have the PC version of the Enhanced Edition so there are choices enough but I have space in my Xbox One for this mod and I downloaded it.

Last edited:
Speedruns can be impressively admirable, and this is a example. Sometimes you wonder how they managed to find stuff like that.

Is one sale currently.
What is the state of this game on the pro? Although I have Skyrim (vanilla) on PC I never really played its story. I always just wandered around looking at stuff etc. Have 25 hours on steam clock, I wonder how could I loiter around so much ! I guess EnB was to blame.
Is the performance cool enough on the pro ? If I am to buy the special edition to play the actual content in it I am thinking of buying the pro version as honestly I thkn I am done with putting gfx mods on it and running around taking screens. Thats all I did in those 25 hours on steam.

Damn I missed the sale :( :( :( Now its back to $60 ! Damn these date formats, I thought the sale was uptill tomorrow :mad: ! Now I have no idea when it will go on sale again

Receiving my copy today. Any tips on what class or playstyle to go for early game to be easier?
Stealth archer - it's ridiculously overpowered. Chose the Thief Stone when you get to that point. I'd recommend dabbling in a conjuration as much as you can as well, this gives you summoned minions with different situation capabilities which are tremendously helpful.

That said, try a few different things and see what you like. Don't play stealth archer if it's not fun for you. :nope:

Stealth archer - it's ridiculously overpowered. Chose the Thief Stone when you get to that point. I'd recommend dabbling in a conjuration as much as you can as well, this gives you summoned minions with different situation capabilities which are tremendously helpful.

That said, try a few different things and see what you like. Don't play stealth archer if it's not fun for you. :nope:

Well thanks for the tip. Turns out I too took a bow cos I had never played it as an archer before. Let's see how this goes though I chose the warrior stone. Will switch.
What are the perks I should be going for?

And I have to say I was expecting to see an old dated game but it looks really full and pretty at 4k. I mean they really upped the number of things on screen cos the forest and everything looks really ample and not empty at all. They did well, at least for the opening area. It looks really good. Hope similar love went into all areas and not just to wow us at the beginning

pray how will a archer deal with indoors where everyone is right in ur face ???

Very well because of the stealth aspect and you can kill with arrows at short range. Once your skills begin to climb you'll be able to quickly and successively take down multiple enemies with the bow, even at close range. The Sneak skill tree leads to other useful CQC like Backstab and, like I suggested, Conjuration will enable you summon an Atronach or something tougher should you need an expendable tank.

Even indoors, the vast majority of environments aren't so tight as to restrict ranged classes. Plus sneak; when combat isn't an option, go around quietly.

Very well because of the stealth aspect and you can kill with arrows at short range. Once your skills begin to climb you'll be able to quickly and successively take down multiple enemies with the bow, even at close range. The Sneak skill tree leads to other useful CQC like Backstab and, like I suggested, Conjuration will enable you summon an Atronach or something tougher should you need an expendable tank.

Even indoors, the vast majority of environments aren't so tight as to restrict ranged classes. Plus sneak; when combat isn't an option, go around quietly.
yes getting the hang of it. Also with tank like enemies like that bloody frost troll on the way to Greybeards, I found a place to perch where he couldn't get and spammed him. But I HAD to whip out my dual handed War axe for the snow cat which comes before, there was just no way to kill it arrows !
Its nice that u mention conjuration cos I have been dabbling with it too. The wolves that emerge atleast provide a diversion but I would like it better if I could conjure them from a distance. Tight now I can only conjure them up right beside me, which isn't my intention at all.
Otherwise, the game has consumed me thanx to the archer. it feels totally new, a stealth tense experience compared to magic spamming and sword spamming experiences I had when I played it long back. It is amazing how accomodating this game is and it is mindblowing how good this game looks at 4k ! :D It has totally stopped mt Persona 5 playthrough which I am sad about and also havent been able to chk out the NMS update, but I cant help it, I want to play this !

Well thanks for the tip. Turns out I too took a bow cos I had never played it as an archer before. Let's see how this goes though I chose the warrior stone. Will switch.
What are the perks I should be going for?

And I have to say I was expecting to see an old dated game but it looks really full and pretty at 4k. I mean they really upped the number of things on screen cos the forest and everything looks really ample and not empty at all. They did well, at least for the opening area. It looks really good. Hope similar love went into all areas and not just to wow us at the beginning
in addition to @DSoup tips, if things aren't challenging enough with your archer, you can kick up things a notch becoming a vampire. Your stealth skills are going to receive a HUGE bonus, you are going to be like the ultimate stealth character, although you have to be careful when fighting during the day and other details.

You are really going to need the stealth bonus.. Had lots of fun playing a character like that for 600 hours (became a vampire at level 1, in a cave near Helgen..) :D , though not an archer nor a thief or similar.

in addition to @DSoup tips, if things aren't challenging enough with your archer, you can kick up things a notch becoming a vampire.
Or a werewolf. :yes: Indeed there are a bunch of choices you can make which will cause another faction or group to want you to extra-dead.

Well, TBH I am enjoying this over every other game on my pro right now and at native 4k the outdoors look priceless in the remaster.

As for those extra layers of being a vampire or a vampire hunter and stuff like that, there is so much of that in there that i am just trying to get a hang of things first. :) Am comfortable as an archer now and the game is just opening up forme from what it seems. Just learnt the full "Fus-Ro-Dah" and saw the dragon resurrection by Alduin. It seems I am still pretty early in the story though it seems I have been immersed in this world for quite a lot of time now. HAve cleared quite a few dungoens and killed 4 dragons I think.

the ppl in there keep talking of joining Vampire hunters though and I did see a Vampire dead in Whiterun once. Should I ?
Also a Assasin came to kill me, that was oneneat touch as th eletter had my name on it, my character's name "Quath" :D . Dont know how to go about finding my killers though.

Despite the fact that I've put several hundreds hours into Skyrim, you are ahead of me in the main quest which I've never got far into. There are just too many diversions that eat into my time!

I'm glad your enjoying it, though! :)

Despite the fact that I've put several hundreds hours into Skyrim, you are ahead of me in the main quest which I've never got far into. There are just too many diversions that eat into my time!

I'm glad your enjoying it, though! :)
hahahah, man it's been so many years, 6 to be more precise ever since the game was released, complete the game already. Gotta admit that I did the same, it wasn't until late into the many missions of the game I focused on the main story.

If you ever were in a hurry some time ago I posted a speedrun, you could try to do the same juas juas :LOL::LOL:

https://forum.beyond3d.com/threads/...read-daily-updates.50339/page-38#post-1988440

Back