Cyan's *Must-Have* Skyrim Mod Recommendation Super-Gush Thread - daily updates

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by dragonelite, Jan 8, 2011.

1. Cyan

Cyan orange
    Legend Veteran

This is the official cover of the game on the Super Nintendo. Bethesda themselves have created this cover of Skyrim in the event that this game were released for the Super Nintendo.

[​IMG]

eloyc likes this.
  2. Cyan

Cyan orange
    Legend Veteran

eloyc likes this.
  3. Cyan

Cyan orange
    Legend Veteran

Skyrim graphics insanity. Gotta try those in my laptop's 1050Ti at 1080p.

1:22 mark :shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked:<3<3

4. eloyc

Veteran Regular

Not Skyrim related, but almost: what is the better mod to improve Morrowind's graphics and gameplay? A few months ago I tried one that made easier to collect plants, too (but that was inside a bigger mod to improve graphics, I think). Thank you!

5. Malo

Malo Yak Mechanicum
    Legend Veteran Subscriber

Just check out the most popular graphics mods on nexusmods.

eloyc likes this.
  6. Malo

Malo Yak Mechanicum

Not really that impressive. Skyrim ENBs and mods were much better on non-SE version.

7. Cyan

Cyan orange
    Legend Veteran

Do you have a video of one of those? cheers

8. Cyan

Cyan orange
    Legend Veteran

9. DSoup

DSoup meh

Noclip has produced a fantastic documentary covering the complete History of Bethesda Games Studio, following a week-long visit BGS and many of interviews with the team.

#769 DSoup, Jun 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
    Cyan and Silent_Buddha like this.
  10. Silent_Buddha

Legend

It's a shame that the last TES game that I liked was Morrowind. I didn't like the direction they took the series after that and haven't played one since Skyrim. I had played every single TES game up to that point as they were released. And I'll always hate them for bastardizing Fallout. But that only applies to Bethesda the game developer and not Bethesda the game publisher (I like a lot of the games they publish).

Regards,
    SB

11. Cyan

Cyan orange
    Legend Veteran

Skyrim: SE 2019, modders are incredible

#771 Cyan, Dec 13, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
    Nesh and Malo like this.
  12. ToTTenTranz

To be honest, watching that video just made me realize how limited Skyrim's engine has become.
    They can put the largest textures and the highest poly-count models in there, but it won't change the fact that the world feels incredibly static.

13. Sigfried1977

Veteran

Visually it does feel a little static. Still, I still cannot think of any games other than Bethesda ones (modded or not) which simulate so much crap under the hood. Simple things like having the companions actually run across the map in order to get to a specific place. In every other game they'd simply spawn right where they're needed. Not even games like RDR2 do this. Kinda makes 'em come alive as well, albeit in a different way. And they've been doing that since Morrowind too. I remember being blown away by the fact that I've read a letter or something like that in Oblivion which said that some countess or dutchess would spend 2 days in her sommer home every other week and then encountering her travelling to said location in a carriage on the correct date. The insane systemic as well as quest flexibility still hasn't been surpassed either.
    That's why I'm willing to live with the extra amount of jank and the not-so-fresh presentation. Heck, over the course of the past couple of weeks I've probably sunk 60+ hours into the Switch version of the game and it's still holding up.

#773 Sigfried1977, Dec 17, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
    milk, snarfbot, DSoup and 2 others like this.
  14. Cyan

Cyan orange
    Legend Veteran

15. Cyan

Cyan orange
    Legend Veteran

16. milk

Veteran Regular

Unfortunately I can't. I'm still waiting for the day I can have the cake and eat it too. Rockstar-like presentation, with Bethesda-like systems. MGSV was a step in that direction, and I feel like open world game other devs tried to respond. R* has been selling their games as if they are going to be much more emergent than they actually are since less gen, and I still somehow fall for that trick every time only to be disappointed by the actual product.

17. DSoup

DSoup meh

Bethesda-like systems are always going to lag visually behind games that don't have them because they are that much more demanding. Bethesda may be approach console RDR2 fidelity in Starfield but game is firmly planted in the nextgen zone.
    Of course when it comes out with Bethesda-like systems, it's going to look visually behind what everybody else is doing on nextgen.

You need to pick whether you want to eat a janky cake or just look at a lovely cake. :lol2:

Cyan likes this.
  18. orangpelupa

orangpelupa Elite Bug Hunter
    Legend Veteran

I wonder, does the skyrim special edition mods works on PSVR with hacked PS4 pro.

I keep getting spooked by the females in stock skyrim hahaha. They looks so scary weird

19. Cyan

Cyan orange
    Legend Veteran

pharma, eloyc and Malo like this.
  20. orangpelupa

orangpelupa Elite Bug Hunter
    Legend Veteran

i wonder, can Switch runs it. Currently it already can run a bunch of mods but i didnt follow it close enough