Predict: The Next Generation Console Tech

Discussion in 'Console Technology' started by Acert93, Jun 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Docwiz

Newcomer

32 MB ES RAM @ 102 GB/S
    8 GB DDR @ 68 GB/S

So basically 170 GB/s for memory is what the rumors point to so far. This is fine.
    This would mean that Durango is not gimped in memory speed.

2. Proelite

Regular

Nope.

You can't add bandwidth like that.

3. Docwiz

Newcomer

No, but it usually means that this is something that isn't just average either. There is more to this than what is being let out. I know that for sure.

4. bgassassin

Regular

Of course MS never did it before and look where it got them when it came to 360 leaks around this point of development. Other than big teams, it's the same as what Nintendo has done. For example tell me how many ALUs Wii U's GPU has. Some higher level Nintendo employees didn't even know much about Wii U. You're making a big deal out of what's essentially standard procedure.

And you sound like someone totally depending on hope and denial. You're acting like the final hardware will have some kind of dramatic improvement over dev kits and you've been around here long enough just based on your join date to know that's not the case. Of course I get my info from others. :lol: Guess where aegies gets his info from? Wait for it... others. He's a journalist, not a developer. I'm not bothered if you want to trust him more though at the same time I didn't see much from him to get a clear idea of what's going on. Once again you're over-simplifying to create a non-existent view because you only mention three components when it's obviously more than that as I said the GPU is only one part of it. And where does the "slightly more powerful" than PS4 come from?

But the way people treated console discussion like it's some kind of life or death matter is what made it easier to stop posting in the first place (though I do get a kick out of it sometimes). Some of these recent posts (not just yours) serve as a nice reminder of that when it should just be about enjoying the discussion and trying to learn what's going on with these consoles at this stage.

5. MrFox

MrFox Deludedly Fantastic
    Legend Veteran

Where did you get the 102GB/s for eSRAM?
    If it's directly on the die, I would think it can be much much faster than this.

6. N2O

N2O
    Regular

Not "could",all big 3 need to target the casual crowd,but it doesn't mean they can't also target core at the same time,they're not that poor

Will you really eat hats btw.

7. DJ12

Veteran

It depends how they target casuals. If ms go with a Kinect in everybody they have less budget for other parts of the package or will have to be more expensive.

8. Proelite

Regular

Gladly. With relish and some other secret sauces.

9. ImaginaryInsider

Newcomer

Out of curiosity, why would the esram be 102GBs, when the 360's edram was supposedly 256GBs?

10. N2O

N2O
    Regular

Come on:lol:

Btw i bet they won't,they do know not everything have enough house,and casuals will know which bundle are for them.
    And i don't think Kinect cost MS a lot,Kinect 1 only cost $56 to MS before release,i always think people overestimated Kinect's effect

Oh wait i remember you...

11. eloyc

Veteran Regular

Xbox 720 and PlayStation 4 Secrets Allegedly Leaked to Nvidia by Former AMD Executive

I don't know if this has been posted already...

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/01/16/next-gen-secrets-allegedly-leaked-to-nvidia-by-former-amd-executives

:roll:

12. N2O

N2O
    Regular

13. XpiderMX

Veteran

Next gen showcase?

http://msftopenhousesvc.eventbrite.com/#

Seen on NeoGAF...

14. DJ12

Veteran

I guarantee you it costs more than a controller.

You seem to be unable to see things you don't agree with as valid points. Each to their own I guess. No one expected the Wii to outsell the 360 and PS3 but it did and nintendo made a profit on every unit sold. Do you seriously think no one else took Note of that?

15. N2O

N2O
    Regular

It costs more than a controller,then?I already said i bet it won't bundled in every 720,i said i bet,that means it just my opinion.

And of course other 2 note of that,so there are Kinect&Move,but they also notice Wii downhill after 5 years,both don't want a console can only for 5 years(well i admit i spent 25000yen to bought a Wii in 2011 because i wanna play The Last Story and Xenoblade.)

Btw,are you telling me i can't have opinion may don't agree with you?

16. lefizz

Newcomer

But let's be honest the Wii was a total unpredictable fluke. Almost certainly unrepeatable just as the DS was since smart phones have hovered up all the casuals.

Neither company can afford to ignore the traditional market since there are at least 120 million willing punters there. Dominating the core market would be enough to start with. Producing a weak product would piss off this key market and they may well chose you opponents box. Obviously you have to do this inside your 200 Watt power envelope but still.

Casuals can be targeted later or through other services.

17. AlBran

AlBran Ferro-Fibrous
    Moderator Legend

How about less sales talk..

pls.

18. N2O

N2O
    Regular

19. DJ12

Veteran

That is what you are doing. Notice how I didn't use a laughing smily when responding to you?

I am not suggesting Ms will release something as weak as the Wii was I am suggesting the information that is being slowly put together suggests they aren't going down the road they previously travelled.

And doesn't the above all but confirm ms are betting the bank on Kinect?

20. (((interference)))

Veteran

Who is thuway on GAF?
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=46515083&postcount=2688

And how does he know what he knows.

What are his other aliases? Does he post on B3D? (he's not docwiz is he?)

He doesn't seem to know that much, as just before that post he was parroting one of bgassassin's statements from here to say that the two systems are a wash.

But that statement about the bandwidth could be true.
    Rangers source told him it could access 1GB/frame at 60 fps which is pretty much the same as 68 GB/s.
    So it looks like DDR3 2133 mhz on a 256 bit bus (Bgassassin also said it was DDR3 rather than DDR4)

Also fits in with eSRAM being slower than eDRAM.

Plus, the 2010 roadmap had 32 MB as the figure.

#18740 (((interference))), Jan 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.