Pre-Order Info/Help - PS4/XO

Preordered a PS4 from Amazon, not due to arrive till 20 or 22nd. Paying extra for expedited shipping didn't make sense to me, I'd rather use that money to buy a game or extended warranty and besides the anticipation of a new console is always fun. Still haven't picked out a game though...

The B2G1 deal seems decent but I have no interest in COD or BF4, most likely I'll end up with KZ but hesitant to buy Knack as I think it will end up on PS+ in a few months....

Yap, preordered. Curious who else bought a PS4.

I pre-ordered minutes from when Amazon opened orders.

I already have an extra DS4. The Camera is ordered, but not shipped. I ordered KZ, Knack and Lego Marvel from Amazon's B2G1 today and added Swap force to my friends order.

Oh dear, I didn't mean to have everyone list his preorder. :oops:
I think there is already a poll/thread for it.

I wanted to go to the launch event mainly to eyeball the crowd, and listen to what they have to say. ;-)

PS4 sold out in NZ, until dec 20, so could still get one this year
you can still get the xbone on launch day I believe

NZ was different to most of the world, remember the wii and you couldnt get one for months and months anywhere, well here in nz, they were just lying around in shops unsold. And judging by how baddly it sold here theres prolly still launch day wii's around in shops

I got an X1 and Ryse preordered at Amazon.
:smile2: Xbox One is going to be one of my birthday gifts -as it was the Xbox 360 back in the day--.

Besides that, it takes like 8 years to live a launch date of a console, so it is going to be special. I planned my entire weekend around that.

I am not going to sleep at night during the entire weekend. I am so hyped!

Me. Went for the Killzone Mega pack which has the game, an extra DS4 and the camera for £100 more than the basic console package - so the camera is effectively free. It probably isn't going to get much use but free is free :D I've also ordered BF4, Knack and Lego Marvel Heroes on disc, the rest of the launch games I'll get digitally.

That was hands down the best deal available. I have my lowly $100 premium with PS Plus and KZ SF, hope it comes on time :)

Has anyones preorder (PS4) shipped yet?

Unfortunately, no (amazon). Due on Friday though... I'm having my doubts without the shipping information.

Unfortunately, no (amazon). Due on Friday though... I'm having my doubts without the shipping information.

Someone, somewhere, said that Amazon said they're not shipping them until Thursday. Take that with a grain of salt. However, I do recall receiving shipping notifications the day before release for other release date delivery products (instead of the typical 2 to 3 days in advance of arriving). They all arrived on time.

:smile2: Xbox One is going to be one of my birthday gifts -as it was the Xbox 360 back in the day--.

Besides that, it takes like 8 years to live a launch date of a console, so it is going to be special. I planned my entire weekend around that.

I am not going to sleep at night during the entire weekend. I am so hyped!

I usually never buy consoles at launch but the X1 and Ryse was just a must buy combination for me. I actually had to sell at a loss one of my favorite brand new R/C toys that I ordered only a couple months ago to fund this purchase.:mad:

I usually never buy consoles at launch but the X1 and Ryse was just a must buy combination for me. I actually had to sell at a loss one of my favorite brand new R/C toys that I ordered only a couple months ago to fund this purchase.:mad:
Thankfully you are going to have a lots of fun with the console, I am sure. The line-up is not the best ever but there are quite a few interesting games in there.

In your case, I don't know the amount of money you are going to spend, but I expect that around 900€ will vanish from my account just for the Xbox One. -perhaps a bit less, since I am going to get two games for free-

Let me tell you that I don't live in the lap of luxury, far from it, actually, very far... But it's my ideal birthday present this year and I went from PC to Xbox, then more Xbox -360- and the Xbox One is the most appealing of the three Xbox models to date.

That's why I wouldn't personally restrict myself not buying the console and waiting for two or three years, as nobody has that luxury of waiting and having a console in the release date, at the same time.

Most people wouldn't buy a console at release date because of baby flues -faulty hardware-, but for me buying the unreliable Xbox 360 at launch date was ok.

Confirmed I'm in the first batch. :cool: Received Gamestop's SMS to pick it up tomorrow night (or rather Friday 0000hr)

do you have their card ? With the price of the system you should get some money back through it .

Whats the lastest on Gamestop over selling preorders? You mentioned something around E3 about them not having allocation figures and just taking deposits, did it get sorted out or are thing about to get ugly according to your sources?

Whats the lastest on Gamestop over selling preorders? You mentioned something around E3 about them not having allocation figures and just taking deposits, did it get sorted out or are thing about to get ugly according to your sources?

Its going to come down on a store by store basis from what I can gather for both consoles . Ms has been upping the amount of consoles avalible as we get closer to launch while sony has stayed steady

Had a shipping notification from Amazon in my inbox this morning. Along with a notification from UPS My Choice about the package. I decided to "Hold for Call", which means they'll hold it at a UPS Customer Service Center. I thought you could select what center they would hold it at, but one was already selected for me and I did not see any option to change it (this was via the online process). Nonetheless, the facility is 15 minutes away and opens at 11 AM. UPS normally delivers to me between 6 and 9 PM, so, this should be a far quicker option for me. Assuming everything works well, that is. If it goes well, I may do the same for the XBO shipment next Friday. If not, I'll just let it go through its normal delivery process.

Back