Pre-Order Info/Help - PS4/XO

BTW if anyone is worried about XB1 and the B2G1 sale just swap out games next week. I just got back from Target and at check out confirmed that I can swap out any games for the next 30 days. They were out of Killzone so I will likely do that next week but you could easily do that with PS4 for XB1 games.

On a related note I did not have the 30% off coupon but I was able to go to Photobucket and find it and then emailed to my phone. The cashier scanned my phone and gave me the extra 30% off. Simply go to Photobucket and search for QHrZsOj .

Well we don't have sales numbers yet for the PS4 but it is no longer available online, and Gamestop, Best Buy, Walmart, and Toys R Us are out of stock. I think that is a pretty good launch and hopefully Sony can keep the supply chain fed!

BTW if anyone is worried about XB1 and the B2G1 sale just swap out games next week. I just got back from Target and at check out confirmed that I can swap out any games for the next 30 days. They were out of Killzone so I will likely do that next week but you could easily do that with PS4 for XB1 games.

On a related note I did not have the 30% off coupon but I was able to go to Photobucket and find it and then emailed to my phone. The cashier scanned my phone and gave me the extra 30% off. Simply go to Photobucket and search for QHrZsOj .

My Target wouldn't take the image of the coupon.

Will try another one tomorrow but they may not have inventory of PS4 games.

The 3 for 2 sale ends tomorrow.

Ouchies. One of the local stores here said that due to a shipping mistake by Sony, no one would be able to get their pre-ordered PS4 until next week.

Regards,
SB

Pre-ordered knack, Killzone, ps eye, and a magma red controller. Everything at Amazon. Compared to my local store I will save stupid amounts of money, close to $100

Knack for the kids, Killzone for the looks, eye for the fun.

Knack for the kids, Killzone for the looks, eye for the fun.

I've swapped Knack for Lego Marvel Super Heroes which is equally, if not more, kid friendly with tons of replay value. It's also got great reviews!

I've swapped Knack for Lego Marvel Super Heroes which is equally, if not more, kid friendly with tons of replay value. It's also got great reviews!

Going for the pc version for that, actually it was my ps4 launch game but the kid wanted it and it was out on steam 3 weeks early (5 weeks before ps4 release) so I bought it. Turns out that it was locked in my region so now it's laughing at me with a 15 November release date while the USA plays it.

Impatient I know and paying for it as well.

The good side is it was dirt cheap and now we get two games for the kid :)

Last edited by a moderator:

I was open to get both, but the Knack demo was very disappointing, and Lego Marvel Heroes seems very good, and my kid has Lego Ironman and Spiderman. ;)

I was open to get both, but the Knack demo was very disappointing, and Lego Marvel Heroes seems very good, and my kid has Lego Ironman and Spiderman. ;)
Often times this can happen, but in my eyes Knack had the potential to be the best PS4 launch title, and in the end the reality doesn't care what the previews or what the eyes find appealing.

Btw, enjoy your new TV, Bravia TVs are usually held in high regard.

Ouchies. One of the local stores here said that due to a shipping mistake by Sony, no one would be able to get their pre-ordered PS4 until next week.

Regards,
SB
I don't know the Xbox One situation but Amazon can't guarantee PS4/Xbox One during Christmas.

For those who want a Xbox One before Christmas, Ebay has a special unit for sale. Thing is.... Well, take a look at that price -send me 100 already-

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271319426735?afsrc=1

Well, the Microsoft Store is on the ball. Friend of mine just got a confirmation e-mail that his Xbox One has shipped via UPS ground.

I wonder if Amazon and other e-tailers were allowed to do the same thing.

Regards,
SB

Dropped by the biggest store for the biggest electronics chain in Norway earlier today. They told me that they are getting 35 pcs and that they have pre-orders that won't be delivered until january/february.

They say that Sony prioritised the UK market and that is why so few units where available for Norway in general.

Anybody got information to contradict this? If its true, then the 32 launch countries for PS4 seems a bit hollow.

It was always going to be bit 'hollow' in weaker markets. I expect Sony prioritised unit allocation by percentage sales of PS3. If PS3 sells 5:1 more in UK than Norway, say, than the UK will get 5x as many launch units. You should end up with about the same percentage disappointment for all countries then. That is, if 10% of PS3 owners were to want a PS4 at launch, you'll have the same percentage of those consumers able to get one regardless of country.

eg. 5 million PS3's in UK. If 10% of PS3 owners want a PS4, that'll be 500,000 launch demand. Sony can provide 200k. That'd be 3/5ths left in the cold [troll]and 1/5th bitterly disappointed with broken launch hardware :p [/troll]

If there are 500k PS3's in Norway (complete guess, <10% of UK population), and the same 10% want PS4's, that'd be 50,000 units launch demand. Sony can provide the same relative 2/5ths, so Norway gets 20,000 units. Retail outlets can report the majority of stock is going to the UK, which would be correct but also justified. It all depends on the proportions rather than the total numbers.

Dropped by the biggest store for the biggest electronics chain in Norway earlier today. They told me that they are getting 35 pcs and that they have pre-orders that won't be delivered until january/february.

They say that Sony prioritised the UK market and that is why so few units where available for Norway in general.

Anybody got information to contradict this? If its true, then the 32 launch countries for PS4 seems a bit hollow.

Here in Romania all shops list PS4 as available from 29Nov, however this is not true, it will only arrive probably march next year.

This is the reason I placed my order in UK - back in june - so I can have little emotion that I get my unit on launch day (or around launch).

UK gets a lot of orders from other countries, especially those with NO PS Store (like us) or with a PS Store that is very weak. And this is valid also for other products - games, electronics, etc.

So probably UK needs more units allocated anyway due to this crossborder ordering. And, since UK was more X360 than PS3 - just like US - I think Sony is focusing more here than in other "safe" territories...

I preordered my PS4 back in February. Then that store closes, and they don't bother to inform me about that until a month later. They say my preorder has been moved to a different store much further away, and they want me to pay 50€ or I probably won't get I on launch day. And I since I'm not about to give money to a store that's been closing shops down left and right, I decided not to do that.

So I go to a different store to see if I can also preorder it there. Turns out they have decided not to sell games any more. That means the 2 big game stores in my area are gone.

I just called the store that has my preorder to ask if I can pick up my PS4 on launch day, and the answer was no. That means I'll have to wait for the second shipment. And then there's still a chance I won't receive one.

I guess call around on launch day to see if any stores still have a PS4 available.

Often times this can happen, but in my eyes Knack had the potential to be the best PS4 launch title, and in the end the reality doesn't care what the previews or what the eyes find appealing.

Btw, enjoy your new TV, Bravia TVs are usually held in high regard.

Knack got pretty good feedback left and right from people that actually care about this genre, I've noticed. On the Player One podcast for instance, everyone ended up playing that a lot and liking it. So we'll see. Hearing the difference in size between Knack and Lego Marvel Super Heroes was quite ... surprising :D (6.4GB vs 40GB or so? - but probably a lot of better quality video for Knack ... )

Anyway, mentioned it in another thread already, but mediamarkt, where I had pre-ordered the PS4 in June at the end of E3, called me to ask if I was interested in picking up a specific bundle. I was glad to have my pre-order confirmed like this and asked if they had the Killzone/Camera/DS4 bundle that was mentioned earlier for the UK and they said yes, so I upgraded to that version (so that's 499 for PS4, Camera, 2nd DualShock 4 and Killzone - all things I was going to get anyway, so great deal for me).

I have to note that for the games department, they have a very good reputation with me. I can alwasy pre-order without having to put money down, and for games that always gives a 5% discount, and sometimes nicer cases/codes and other typical pre-order bonusses that online stores advertise with. Since the store is nearby and open late each evening as well, it's a good store so far. They tend to reliably have demo units as well (though not always given the space they need).

I also asked if I could pick it up on the 29th in the morning and they confirmed that it should be available for pickup right when the store opens (something like 10:00 I believe).

10 more days!

Welp, I canceled both XBox One and PS4 guarantee day one preorders from Amazon UK as I will be on a one month trip one week after they are released. Hope somebody else got them who deserve them more than I do :)

Back