Pre-Order Info/Help - PS4/XO

well thanks to some family / friends / co workers and $50 bucks on the internet. I ended up winning a xbox one from every2minutes.com . I spent about $80 to $100 to win. So pretty happy.

well thanks to some family / friends / co workers and $50 bucks on the internet. I ended up winning a xbox one from every2minutes.com . I spent about $80 to $100 to win. So pretty happy.

Damn, that's a good deal. Congratulations are in order! :smile:

Thanks. The doritos gamwr packs dont require opening to get the points so some of the excess bags are going to be donated to food pantres and shelters. Going now to drop them off

Congrats man! I tried last time & didn't win anything, but this time I didn't play. I just don't drink a lot of soda or eat Doritos like I used to. I guess I should have tried more though since that was probably the only way I could have got a XB1.

BTW, props to the donating. Got my respect.

Tommy McClain

thanks , I donate to the food pantry each month and I donate a lot of healthy stuff. The chips are a nice treat for the holidays.

thanks , I donate to the food pantry each month and I donate a lot of healthy stuff. The chips are a nice treat for the holidays.

You're welcome. My family & I sometimes receives donations from our community food store. We're a one income family and sometimes we need it & don't care what we get. Every little bit helps. Other times we get too much & we give it away to friends & colleagues. Again, we're appreciative.

Tommy McClain

Some good info on the UPS Hold for Pickup option for those who have ordered online (and expect UPS to be the carrier). Some basic info here from a Reddit post, UPS Customer Center locator here, and UPS Hold for Pickup details here.

The just of it is as follows:
  1. See if there's a UPS Customer Center located close to you (must be a Customer Center, not a store).
  2. If there is a close center, sign up for UPS.com (this is separate from UPS My Choice which can provide additional tracking options).
  3. As soon as you get your shipping notification from Amazon you call your closets Customer Center and have them hold the package for pickup at that location (I'm not sure if this can be done online with just the tracking number).
Once the package is set for Hold for Pickup, UPS states that it will be available by 8:30 AM on the scheduled delivery day at the selected Center. Customer Center hours, however, will vary by location (that info is listed in the Location Finder). This should be a good option for those who typically get late UPS deliveries, that will be available earlier in the day, and are also too impatient to wait.

Here in Europe some stores are going to open at midnight for the launch of next gen consoles. Luckily for me I don't need that. I reserved my Xbox One back in June and the early pre-order has its advantages.

I am going to get two games for free at Game!! :oops:FIFA 14 is bundled with my Xbox One pre-order and then I just have to choose between Ryse or Forza 5.

Ryse and Forza 5 are pre-ordered already since a few days ago, so I am going to cancel my Ryse pre-order to get it for free and keep my reserve of Forza 5 Limited Edition, because I can't have the Limited Edition by using this special offer, but the normal edition of Forza 5.

The 10 Nov event was for trading in your old games and consoles at a higher rate. ^_^

As for midnight launch, I might join in since there's a GameStop near my office.

The 10 Nov event was for trading your old games and consoles at a higher rate. ^_^

As for midnight launch, I might join in since there's a GameStop near my office.
I thought you had your PS4 pre-ordered already. In my case I couldn't join in because I live in a relatively remote place -by remote I mean like 35 minutes away from the city-.

Additionally, I completed my pre-order process in the web, which means that I can't pick my console up at a Game store but wait til it is delivered in my box.

You should expect really long queues, especially if you live in a city....

Yap, preordered. Curious who else bought a PS4.

Me. Went for the Killzone Mega pack which has the game, an extra DS4 and the camera for £100 more than the basic console package - so the camera is effectively free. It probably isn't going to get much use but free is free :D I've also ordered BF4, Knack and Lego Marvel Heroes on disc, the rest of the launch games I'll get digitally.

Me! I upgraded to the gamer pack on Amazon a couple of weeks ago. So I get an extra controller, PSEye, and Killzone in the box. I also ordered CoD (which I have already), BF4, and Knack for launch. As well as the charging stand and a stand. My 1TB\8GB hybrid HD is waiting to be installed as well.

I've also pre-ordered Infamous, Drive Club, and The Order 1866.

I already have Knack and a second controller. I will test my SSD to see what happens (it will be either that or a 1.5).
Buying as soon as available: Resogun, Octodad, Tiny Brains, Infamous, and Watch Dogs.
Interested but waiting for reviews: DriveClub, The Order 1866

I wanted the camera, but I didn't buy it. There's no extension available, so I can't install it. That sucks.

Posted in the KZ thread but this thread is probably more appropriate. I pre-ordered one and my order shipped today (should receive it by the end of the week). My 1TB HGST 7200RPM drive just arrived today, too.

Awaiting my PS4 shipment (I ended up canceling it once, and then got lucky and picked up the KZ bundle.) Also got Knack and AC4 thanks to the Amazon deal. (Cancelled an X1 twice now, just can't commit to it, maybe next year).

Back