Official GT5 discussion thread

''all cars now have cockpit view''

Since when can you call a steering wheel and a pair of arms and the rest just all black a interior? Tried the C9 and the printer car as I call it (that toyota minolta thing).

They did say "simplified" interior view. It's not exactly reasonable to assume that they fully modeled the interior of 800+ cars in the time since launch.

I was told it's a PSP GT game feature ? If the car has open cockpit, then the "interior" view should show more stuff right ? Otherwise it'd look weird. ^_^

Yeah... black interior view for closed cockpit, rendered view for open cockpit standard cars:

GT Academy Finale on Speed Tues. at 10PM ET, Live Twitter Viewing Party (with Prizes!)
http://www.gtplanet.net/gt-academy-2011-finale-viewing-party/

the final episode of GT Academy on Speed TV airs this Tuesday, October 18th at 10PM Eastern Time. If you haven’t been able to watch, don’t worry -- all the episodes are right here.

“Live Viewing Party” & Prize Giveaway

Nissan has teamed up with GTPlanet to host a live Twitter viewing party during the show’s finale on Tuesday, between 10:00PM and 11:00PM Eastern Time. To join in, simply include the #GTAcademy hashtag in your tweets, and watch the discussion unfold right here (no Twitter account is required).

To shake things up, @GTPlanetNews and @NissanNews will be posting trivia questions throughout the show. There’s some nice prizes up for grabs to those who take part, including a Logitech Driving Force GT, an Xlerator Wheel Stand, and plenty of official Nissan gear. Read over the official contest rules for all the details and eligibility requirements.

Driving on SPA in a rain:

(I assume the rain is adjustable since Spec 2.0 allows users to tweak weather effects for some tracks ?)

Yeah... black interior view for closed cockpit, rendered view for open cockpit standard cars:

IMHO you can't call that a interior view. Its just black. They could have (and given how lame it looks to release a interior view without any interior after so much time, should have) included this right from the start. Like this its hardly any extra work to make a ''interior''.

GT Academy Finale on Speed Tues. at 10PM ET, Live Twitter Viewing Party (with Prizes!)
http://www.gtplanet.net/gt-academy-2011-finale-viewing-party/
Been watching these on YT seeing as how I keep missing them on Speed. Pretty entertaining. Pretty surprised at how some of these young guys have been able to adapt and learn so quickly. For instance, Andre in the Rally challenge looked like a pro and he's a computer technician!

Rain was always dynamic, but now You can set outcome and start parameters to make weather more predictable.

Can you set the time of day and weather together in Spec 1.0 ? I never tried it. Was playing special events almost exclusively.

IMHO you can't call that a interior view. Its just black. They could have (and given how lame it looks to release a interior view without any interior after so much time, should have) included this right from the start. Like this its hardly any extra work to make a ''interior''.

I agree ! I suspect it will cause even more uproar during launch. ;-)
They gave in when many players demand for that option. I think it gives a better feel to the game.

The open cockpit interior view would incur extra work though.

No idea what took them so long. Probably the other optimizations held up the process, and this was added last ?

Been watching these on YT seeing as how I keep missing them on Speed. Pretty entertaining. Pretty surprised at how some of these young guys have been able to adapt and learn so quickly. For instance, Andre in the Rally challenge looked like a pro and he's a computer technician!

Should have posted here earlier ! I only found out today that they are watchable on YouTube. :cool:

Can you set the time of day and weather together in Spec 1.0 ? I never tried it. Was playing special events almost exclusively.

Hmm dont remember actually, but i think that when You were choosing Nurburgring 24 on Le mans 24, You could activate weather or not.

Hmm dont remember actually, but i think that when You were choosing Nurburgring 24 on Le mans 24, You could activate weather or not.

I think sometimes, maybe for online races only, you could change the time of day at which the race starts, but that was it. It would automatically run through a full day based on your settings. I don't know the exact scope of the new features in 2.0.

Spa looks sssooo good! godly lighting on the sunny version! The kart track is also very nice and i can see this track being a favourite at parties and funerals.........

A lot of Yuropeans playing GT5 on my friends list now. Wonder what PD and Sony want to put in last minute for US. If it's rushed, it can't be good (or that good). :devilish:

I was told the track can be played/shared by other players if only one player has the map. However, the map is associated with one user ID (instead of the entire PS3).

Back