Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 TI Reviews

I mean there's no particularly urgent reason for anyone to weigh in on pricing.

Well there is because the prices of these upper end cards also affects the lower down cards, so even the people who don't by these high end cards are also going to be hugely affected which in turn affects the whole PC market.

Reported for not adding anything to the discussion but demonstration of comtempt towards users.
Yeah? You also think we have an obligation to condemn pricing?

Contempt is correct, though. For pretty much the entire last page of discussion.

Yeah I think we should all try and get back to topic mainly, including myself.

One thing I was curious about for this model is the impact of bandwidth on RT heavy titles vs 3090/Ti.

It's never good for a platform and its users if the cost of entry into said platform is prohibitively high.
Here are a few questions which you should answer:
Lastly I still have this huge issue with people saying current prices are actually pricing people out of PC gaming. Can the people who actually believe this give some actualy substantial supporting argument and numbers on what they feel the current GPU price of entry is for PC gaming? What constitutes a GPU that acts as an entry into PC gaming? And if they believe it's say $800 with the RTX 4070ti (or even $1600 for the 4090) why that level of GPU is the entry point to PC gaming? Also what is the actual price for a console equivalent GPU currently? If they think it's a 4070ti at $800 explain why that that is so as opposed to something lesser (eg. 6700XT).

Yeah I think we should all try and get back to topic mainly, including myself.

One thing I was curious about for this model is the impact of bandwidth on RT heavy titles vs 3090/Ti.
Malo, this is a discussion on a specific product being reviewed, not architecture alone, so pricing is pretty much part of what a product is as it contributes to it's value proposition, it's on topic really.

Here are a few questions which you should answer:
What's the point in trying to convince you? I could write an entire essay or paper in answering that question, but you would still give me some half-assed reply defending the price of AD104. There's no point in trying to enlighten someone who so firmly believes that Nvidia invented PC gaming.

What's the point in trying to convince you?
I'm not asking you to convince me and these are not my questions (although I agree with them wholly).
You should answer them to yourself even just to make sure that your idea of a "prohibitively high cost of entry" into PC gaming a) have a place in this thread and b) is at all valid.

I'm not asking you to convince me and these are not my questions (although I agree with them wholly).
You should answer them to yourself even just to make sure that your idea of a "prohibitively high cost of entry" into PC gaming a) have a place in this thread and b) is at all valid.
Why would someone get a lower end GPU just to game, paying nearly as much as a full console? I got my brother an RTX 3060 for £300 for Christmas because he was never a console gamer, but if the 4060 costs 500 than what's the point really? These are the questions YOU are not answering. It doesn't matter if the next generation of consoles are going to be more expensive as well, they are only coming in 5 years. You may say that the GPU provides the best experience, but who wants the best experience will likely go for the higher tiers, not mid low anyway. You seem to wear glasses that are so tainted (green or red doesn't matter, this discussion is not limited to Nvidia by the way) that they do not allow you to see ahead.

Back