Nvidia Geforce Drivers Release Announcement thread

Nvidia has been pushing this feature for years now. Do people actually use it? It should be easy to access but not shoved in your face this much.
A more concerning fact in this case is that they show this despite me selecting to disable said automatic optimization during app installation.
One would think that if the feature is disabled it should not be shown in the interface at all - unless a user decides to enable it in app's settings.

It is quite a bit undercooked at the moment but it is a beta. I've already submitted a dozen of issues / suggestions from ~1 hour of tinkering with it.

Hell hath truly frozen over.

First off, speed. That was the most critical issue with the old Nvidia CP and this addresses it. No more waiting 10-20 seconds to get UI functionality back if you select to modify a game's profile. When I just want to change vsync and power profiles now, that's nice. And no mandatory login!

Obviously though, needs far more legacy CP features to be transported over (no aniso!?). As others have said I also don't like the GE Optimize functionality being given prominence, I should at least be able to have the regular CP settings displayed first - basically have an 'experienced user' UI option.

Speaking of Optimize, I've also always felt that functionality of GE was a missed opportunity in that it exposes nearly all of the graphical options for a game outside of the game, but you can't select each setting individually - just use the Optimize slider. Allowing me to control each graphical setting of the game would be basically giving every supported game their own fast, optional launcher, handy if the game's UI is a cumbersome mess of nested mnus. Let people who have some experience doing this have more control.

Still, beta for a reason. By speed alone/no login I'm in favour of it, and I like the more compact overlay too. But Nvidia CP/NVInspector will prob have a home in my notification tray for a while to come.

Last edited:
GeForce 551.61 WHQL Game Ready Driver

Version: 551.61 WHQL
Release Date: 2024.2.22
Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit, Windows 11
Language: English (US)
File Size: 634.43 MB

Game Ready for Nightingale

This new Game Ready Driver provides the best gaming experience for the latest new games supporting DLSS 3 technology including Nightingale. In addition, this driver supports the beta release of NVIDIA App, which unifies GeForce Experience and the NVIDIA Control Panel.

Fixed Gaming Bugs
  • Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege: Stability issues when running Vulkan API [4460050]

Fixed General Bugs
  • RTX Video HDR: Tone mapping not working properly with custom HDR brightness values in Windows [4472972]
  • Chrome/Edge Browsers: Poor black level quality in SDR video playback with Windows HDR setting enabled [4492243]
  • NVIDIA Freestyle: Filter settings are not saved after quitting game [4472656]
  • Adobe Substance 3D: Stager unable to initialize the viewport [4403960]
  • Adobe Substance 3D: Vulkan version of Substance Painter cannot be launched [4425856]

Game Ready Driver Release Notes (v551.61)
Download

In addition, this driver supports the beta release of NVIDIA App, which unifies GeForce Experience and the NVIDIA Control Panel.
Rather, which will unify. It already replaces GFE completely but CP is still there and some items in CP are still missing from the app.

Bout damn time. You're a trillion $$$ company... time to act like one... err or something like that! :)

Do we know exactly how RTX HDR works with Windows Auto HDR if both are active? Does it just not activate at all or will it mess up the games lighting?

And ditto for in game HDR. Say I have RTX set on globally, and then I play Cyberpunk which has its own in game HDR settings, if both are on, what happens?

Do we know exactly how RTX HDR works with Windows Auto HDR if both are active? Does it just not activate at all or will it mess up the games lighting?

And ditto for in game HDR. Say I have RTX set on globally, and then I play Cyberpunk which has its own in game HDR settings, if both are on, what happens?

You should not be using Auto HDR and RTX HDR at the same time. The RTX HDR filter tells you to disable Auto HDR.
As for HDR enabled games, some people successfully used RTX HDR with games supporting HDR by disabling in game HDR and it seems to work (some claims it works better than native). From my experience it looks that RTX HDR does not apply its filter again in games with HDR enabled, but I'm not sure about it (at least it looks normal, not oversaturated or something).

GeForce 551.76 WHQL Game Ready Driver

Version: 551.76 WHQL
Release Date: 2024.3.5
Language: English (US)
File Size: 634.47 MB

Game Ready for The Thaumaturge

This new Game Ready Driver provides the best gaming experience for the latest new games supporting DLSS 3 technology including The Thaumaturge.
In addition, this driver supports the beta release of NVIDIA App, which unifies GeForce Experience and the NVIDIA Control Panel.

Fixed Gaming Bugs
  • The Talos Principle 2: Game stability issues when DLSS FG is enabled [4492121]

Fixed General Bugs
  • Using NVENC to encode videos may result in corrupted videos or error message on GeForce GTX 16xx GPUs [4511046]
  • Steamwebhelper.exe blocking notebook display mode switch [4536504]

Game Ready Driver Release Notes (v551.76)
Download

I'm wondering how the Nvidia App will behave when installed on a system with a couple of thousand games on it?

I havn't had a look at the nv app yet because I saw somewhere the app automatically optimizes the games it detects and I don't want any of my installed games settings being changed. Is this still a thing? was never a thing and user error? and if so is it fixed?

I havn't had a look at the nv app yet because I saw somewhere the app automatically optimizes the games it detects and I don't want any of my installed games settings being changed. Is this still a thing? was never a thing and user error? and if so is it fixed?

It asks you if you want to auto optimize. Mine isn't doing it.

Yeah, GeForce Experience (back when I didn't have to log into it, at least...) didn't auto-optimize without asking. I did try out their optimizations and was left mostly unimpressed.

GeForce 551.86 WHQL Game Ready Driver

Version: 551.86 WHQL
Release Date: 2024.3.19
Language: English (UK)
File Size: 634.47 MB

Game Ready for Horizon Forbidden West Complete Edition

This new Game Ready Driver provides the best gaming experience for the latest new games supporting DLSS 3 technology including Horizon Forbidden West Complete Edition. Further support for new titles leveraging NVIDIA DLSS technology includes the latest DLSS 3.5 update for Portal with RTX which introduces DLSS Ray Reconstruction and NVIDIA RTX IO.

Fixed Gaming Bugs
  • Advanced Optimus: Notebook may not wake up from sleep when in NVIDIA GPU only display mode [4454524]
  • Hitman 3: Stutter observed in some Advanced Optimus notebooks [4443236]

Fixed General Bugs
  • RTX HDR uses saturation and tone curve that matches Gamma 2.0 instead of 2.2 [4514298]
  • RTX Digital Vibrance incorrectly detects Paint.net app as a supported app [4539617]

Game Ready Driver Release Notes (v551.86)
Download

Back