Nvidia Geforce Drivers Release Announcement thread

GeForce 551.23 WHQL Game Ready Driver

Version: 551.23 WHQL
Release Date: 2024.1.24
Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit, Windows 11
Language: English (US)
File Size: 634.13 MB

Game Ready for GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER

This new Game Ready Driver provides the best gaming experience for the latest new games supporting DLSS 3 technology including Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth. Further support for new titles leveraging NVIDIA DLSS technology includes the launch of Enshrouded, TEKKEN 8, and Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League which support DLSS Super Resolution.

Gaming Technology
  • Adds support for GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER
  • Adds support for RTX Video HDR
  • Adds support for “Auto” setting for RTX Video Super Resolution
  • Adds support for NVIDIA Ultra Low Latency Mode with DirectX 12 titles

Fixed Gaming Bugs
  • Forza Horizon 4: Ansel/ Freestyle filters cause application to freeze or crash [4253513]

Fixed General Bugs
  • RTX 4060 Ti: Display may randomly flicker with a black bar on the top of the screen when using desktop apps [4239893]
  • Horizontal band may appear when cloning a G-SYNC display to HDMI monitor [4103923/4343427]

Game Ready Driver Release Notes (v551.23)
Download

Fixed General Bugs
  • RTX 4060 Ti: Display may randomly flicker with a black bar on the top of the screen when using desktop apps [4239893
hoping this will help with my issue, i have 4090 and a 144hz g-sync monitor but when i start from a cold boot and windows is set to 144hz i have flickering on the top of the screen. at 120hz it doesnt happen

hoping this will help with my issue, i have 4090 and a 144hz g-sync monitor but when i start from a cold boot and windows is set to 144hz i have flickering on the top of the screen. at 120hz it doesnt happen
it didnt :(
maybe i need a new monitor? this acer xb270hu is from 2015

it didnt :(
There are similar experiences on the internet ... have you tried a different cable or attempt to dislodge dust inside monitor panel (blow compressed air through vents) ? The compressed air trick worked when I was getting color flickering on a 240hz vizio tv that I did not want to replace.

Sometimes I get a little flicker at top of an old Dell and unplugging (power and cable) with a 5 min rest did wonders. Lastly you can always use the monitor's control menu and review options to reset different monitor settings or do full factory reset. It can not hurt at this point.

Edited ....

Last edited:
There are similar experiences on the internet ... have you tried a different cable or attempt to remove dust inside monitor panel (blow compressed air through vents) ?

Sometimes I get a little flicker at top of an old Dell and unplugging with a 5 min rest does wonders. Lastly you can always the monitor's control menu and review different options to reset different settings (partial category settings or full factory reset). It can not hurt at this point.
i changed cable, i havent done the other things. it worked without issues on my old gtx 980 ti so i think it may just be a driver or compatibility problem

That's my current monitor aswell and I have a 4090 too. Now I havn't updated my driver since phantom liberty released but i've never had this issue, only issue i've ever had was my old 3080 not dropping to idle clocks properly when desktop was set to 144hz. I'll grab the new driver and let you know what happens.

edit: quick edit just to say I don't have geforce experience installed, just the driver.

That's my current monitor aswell and I have a 4090 too. Now I havn't updated my driver since phantom liberty released but i've never had this issue, only issue i've ever had was my old 3080 not dropping to idle clocks properly when desktop was set to 144hz. I'll grab the new driver and let you know what happens.
i usually turn this machine off overnight and if i leave it at 144hz before shutting down i get subtle flickering on top part of screen when i enter windows after startup

i usually turn this machine off overnight and if i leave it at 144hz before shutting down i get subtle flickering on top part of screen when i enter windows after startup
Yeh this gets turned off every night so I'll be able to mimic this usage.

quick update, i've installed the driver 551.23 although I didn't install geforce experience. Double checked and the desktop is set to 144hz and gsync is on and defaulted to fullscreen only, I normally run it that way anyway and don't use the windowed option. All fine at the moment, i'll get back to you after I turn it on tomorrow. Bed time isn't far away so will have an update in about 10 hours.

old driver was 537.42.

Last edited:
Unfortunately I don't look like i'm going to be much help, turned it on about an hour ago and sorted out email and browsed around the internet while playing music on youtube and everything seems fine.

I know at some point I had to get new cables because standards changed and the old cables had lower bandwidth specs.
I'm still using the display port cable that came with it, it's only a 1440p 144hz display and @Bludd mentioned changing cables. I'm not sure what the the display port technical specs are but I don't think it should be a factor unless the cable is damaged/faulty.

I know the display doesn't support gsync over the hdmi ports but maybe trying hdmi and seeing if the problem persists could narrow it down a bit, It might take the gsync module out of the equation.

I'm still using the display port cable that came with it, it's only a 1440p 144hz display and @Bludd mentioned changing cables. I'm not sure what the the display port technical specs are but I don't think it should be a factor unless the cable is damaged/faulty.

I know the display doesn't support gsync over the hdmi ports but maybe trying hdmi and seeing if the problem persists could narrow it down a bit, It might take the gsync module out of the equation.
nah i just think i will live with this while i research what new monitor i want. maybe wait until gsync pulsar or whatever it is comes out?

if i boot at 120hz and after a while change to 144hz it seems to be fine

If you turn the PC off at night but leave the monitor on (standby/sleep) does the flickering issue still occur when booting back into windows?

If you turn the PC off at night but leave the monitor on (standby/sleep) does the flickering issue still occur when booting back into windows?
yeah the monitor is on standby/sleep. maybe i should try actually turning the monitor off... will try that tonight

yeah the monitor is on standby/sleep. maybe i should try actually turning the monitor off... will try that tonight
no it didnt help
mehhhhhhh
only other difference is that im windows 11 now with the 4090 and i was on windows 10 with my old gtx 980 ti and no flickering @GhostofWar are you on 11?

Did you try installing monitor's own driver?
Also you could compare the F/W revision with GhostofWar - it's possible that yours is different.

Did you try installing monitor's own driver?
Also you could compare the F/W revision with GhostofWar - it's possible that yours is different.
yes i did install the driver
i cant find out how to check my fw version but i have the one that allows for ulmb at 120hz, some earlier fw only allowed ulmb at max 100 - but im a gsync boy and never live in ulmb land with this monitor

edit: hmm seems like overdrive was set to off ... i think i used to have it at normal setting. i have set it now and will see how it behaves tomorrow

Last edited:
Back