Nvidia Geforce Drivers Release Announcement thread

Thanks, I do use vysnc because of Gsync so when given the option should I use triple buffering?
With gsync generally no as it introduce additional input lag and doesn't help with anything as frame drops are covered by gsync.
With gsync it is also better to limit fps below the max refresh rate at which point you won't be hitting vsync at all and thus there would be no need for triple buffering.

GeForce 552.12 WHQL Game Ready Driver

Version: 552.12 WHQL
Release Date: 2024.4.4
Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit, Windows 11
Language: English (UK)
File Size: 634.58 MB

Game Ready for Call of Duty Season 3

This new Game Ready Driver provides the best gaming experience for the latest new games supporting DLSS 3 technology including Season 3 of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III and Call of Duty: Warzone and Diablo IV’s latest update which introduces ray tracing support.

Fixed Gaming Bugs

• Horizon Forbidden West: Resizable BAR profile [4496595]

Game Ready Driver Release Notes (v552.12)
Download

So if I got a 2070 super and planned on throwing it in today would I want to use the latest drivers or older ones on windows 10, also is having the BAR thing enabled important for this one?

Sorry for the stupid but the last nVidia card I had was an 8800 GT.

So if I got a 2070 super and planned on throwing it in today would I want to use the latest drivers or older ones on windows 10, also is having the BAR thing enabled important for this one?

The latest. ReBAR is supported from 30 series and up so no need to worry about that with a 2070.

The latest. ReBAR is supported from 30 series and up so no need to worry about that with a 2070.
There is however unofficial UEFI mod that enables ReBAR on GTX 16xx and RTX 20xx if one is.. wandering type :runaway:

There is however unofficial UEFI mod that enables ReBAR on GTX 16xx and RTX 20xx if one is.. wandering type :runaway:
Would that be faster, better, stronger, more?

EDITED BITS: Got it in, seems to work fine and is what it's supposed to be, but I can't even find the temp/fan curves in the control panel so I think i'm gonna have to climb a learning curve before I start playing with advanced stuff.

Last edited:
Temperature vs fan curves are something you probably won't find in the stock driver profiles, even the cool newer stuff that NVIDIA has been replacing GeForce Experience with.

For anyone who wants to get really fine-grained control over their system fans (including GPUs), I wholeheartedly recommend the open-source Fan Control: https://github.com/Rem0o/FanControl.Releases I've been using this tool for I think two years now? The creator of the project posted somewhere like OCForums or TomsHardware or something, and it's been absolutely fantastic. I can ramp my front intake fans based on the heat created by my video card, as well as the video card fans themselves too. And then I can ramp the exhaust fan as a function of whichever is hotter: the GPU, the CPU, or the MOSFETs. I can also ramp CPU fan speed by both CPU and MOSFET temps...

Anyway, it's awesome. Use it, enjoy it, be the master of your own fan destiny :)

Edit: Duh, forgot about ReBAR. It completely depends on the game, however resizable BAR can yield performance gains (I've seen as much as ~15% reported with a cursory glance) however it also was never fully 100% validated by NVIDIA for anything below the 3000 series cards. It also depends on your motherboard chipset support; if your BIOS has no setting for it, then the ReBAR-enabled vBios update will do nothing for you.

Is it really necessary? Nah. But if your motherboard supports it, and Windows 10 does as well, then maybe it's worth the gain for the ever-growing set of games which support and benefit from it.

For anyone who wants to get really fine-grained control over their system fans (including GPUs), I wholeheartedly recommend the open-source Fan Control: https://github.com/Rem0o/FanControl.Releases I've been using this tool for I think two years now? The creator of the project posted somewhere like OCForums or TomsHardware or something, and it's been absolutely fantastic. I can ramp my front intake fans based on the heat created by my video card, as well as the video card fans themselves too. And then I can ramp the exhaust fan as a function of whichever is hotter: the GPU, the CPU, or the MOSFETs. I can also ramp CPU fan speed by both CPU and MOSFET temps...
I've been using it for the last year since seeing JayzTwoCents video on it and it is absolutely fantastic! Being able to control the fan's hysteresis was a game changer, heck learning what "hysteresis" means helped a ton!

Great utility. Worked great with my 580 and it found all the 2070 stuff right away. It even lets me control each fan separately, first time I've seen that but it's all good. More options more better.

Is there an overlay display keyboard shortcut for nVidia like AMD's Ctrl+Shift+O? Just waiting for Forbidden West to compile shaders and realized I have no clue on how to check my FPS without installing something.

I forgot how much enjoyable learning new hardware is, it's just fun to me. Thanks for all the help and education!

If you have NVIDIA App installed, alt-R shows the FPS counter and alt-Z shows a config overlay which allows you to set up filters and other things. You can also config what it shows in the FPS counter.
If it does not show, check if the "Overlay" function in NVIDIA App is enabled (it should be on by default).

If you have NVIDIA App installed, alt-R shows the FPS counter and alt-Z shows a config overlay which allows you to set up filters and other things. You can also config what it shows in the FPS counter.
If it does not show, check if the "Overlay" function in NVIDIA App is enabled (it should be on by default).
Thanks! I think that's exactly what I'm looking for. :)

If you get the new nvidia beta app the overlay has an option to display all of the stats in one line, which I find better than having the list since it covers less of the screen.
It did that by default for me and I was surprised at just how tasteful and unobtrusive it was. Sweeeeeet.

GeForce 552.22 WHQL Game Ready Driver

Version: 552.22 WHQL
Release Date: 2024.4.16
Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit, Windows 11
Language: English (US)
File Size: 634.6 MB

Game Ready for Manor Lords

This new Game Ready Driver provides the best gaming experience for the latest new games supporting DLSS technology including Manor Lords which features support for DLSS Super Resolution. Further support for new titles includes the launch of No Rest for the Wicked.

Fixed Gaming Bugs
  • PUBG: Game stability issues over extended gameplay on Intel 12th Gen platforms [4030936]
Fixed General Bugs
  • GeForce GTX 10/RTX 20 series: PC may randomly freeze when Windows Hardware-Accelerated GPU Scheduling and NVIDIA SLI are both enabled [4009884]
  • HTC Vive Pro 2: System crash with bugcheck after enabling VR HMD with multi-displays [4119187]

Game Ready Driver Release Notes (v552.22)
Download

Back