Nvidia Geforce Drivers Release Announcement thread

turning on overdrive to normal may have fixed my issue? :eek:

edit: not completely, its slightly more subtle but its still there. oh well, im not going to fret more about this. probably new monitor some time this year

no it didnt help
mehhhhhhh
only other difference is that im windows 11 now with the 4090 and i was on windows 10 with my old gtx 980 ti and no flickering @GhostofWar are you on 11?
Yeh I'm on windows 11 aswell, the machine was built around a 3080/5950x and has only ever run windows 11. It has been changed to a 5800x3d and 4090 late last year. Changed jobs didn't really need the cpu for none gaming work anymore and was too lazy to change the mobo for a newer cpu so just slotted in the x3d when putting the 4090 in.

I have never changed the monitor bios or ever installed a driver for it, got it about 2 months after it released.

Just a quick look through the monitor UI to see if I could find a bios revision but the information tab doesn't really have alot of info and no bios info. If you want that info and can tell me how to find it I can certainly do it.

turning on overdrive to normal may have fixed my issue? :eek:

edit: not completely, its slightly more subtle but its still there. oh well, im not going to fret more about this. probably new monitor some time this year
I assume "normal" overdrive setting is default. Have you ever reset your monitor back to factory default (default settings for brand new monitor )?
At times people change monitor settings in the past and forget about it especially if the monitor is a few years old.

I assume "normal" overdrive setting is default. Have you ever reset your monitor back to factory default (default settings for brand new monitor )?
At times people change monitor settings in the past and forget about it especially if the monitor is a few years old.
i guess i could try that

The latest update, although not explicitly mentioned in the recent release notes, comes amid several GPU driver releases in the past weeks, with another one scheduled for today coinciding with the launch of RTX 4080 SUPER. NVIDIA has apparently again updated how many concurrent video encoding sessions can be performed on one GPU. Notably, this marks another update, increasing from 2 to 3 in April 2020 and further to 5 in March 2023.

The new update will enable up to 8 concurrent encoding sessions, impacting nearly all NVIDIA GPUs, spanning across Maxwell, Pascal, Turing, Volta, Ampere, and, of course, Ada Lovelace. Interestingly, NVIDIA has updated the session limit to 8 for all GPUs, except one. The GTX 1630 can only support 3 encoding sessions.

GeForce 551.31 WHQL Game Ready Driver

Version: 551.31 WHQL
Release Date: 2024.1.31
Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit, Windows 11
Language: English (US)
File Size: 633.33 MB

Game Ready for GeForce RTX 4080 SUPER

This new Game Ready Driver provides the best gaming experience for the latest new games supporting DLSS 3 technology including Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth. Further support for new titles leveraging NVIDIA DLSS technology includes the launch of Enshrouded, TEKKEN 8, and Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League which support DLSS Super Resolution.

Gaming Technology
  • Adds support for GeForce RTX 4080 SUPER
  • Adds support for RTX Video HDR
  • Adds support for “Auto” setting for RTX Video Super Resolution
  • Adds support for NVIDIA Ultra Low Latency Mode with DirectX 12 titles

Fixed Gaming Bugs
  • Forza Horizon 4: Ansel/ Freestyle filters cause application to freeze or crash [4253513]

Fixed General Bugs
  • RTX 4060 Ti: Display may randomly flicker with a black bar on the top of the screen when using desktop apps [4239893]
  • Horizontal band may appear when cloning a G-SYNC display to HDMI monitor [4103923/4343427]
Game Ready Driver Release Notes (v551.31)
Download

Not sure but might work on cards other than RTX 4080 Super ...

When you click on supported products it only lists 4080 super
if on the nvidia page I select 4070ti super i get driver version 551.23 not 551.31

Last edited:
Correct. This driver coincides with the release of the 4080 Super; likely the same as the 551.23 but with .inf support for the new 4080 Super.
Probably easier for Nvidia to troubleshoot any issues till the next merged release.

Updated 02/07/2024 05:43 PM
GeForce Hotfix Driver Version 551.46

GeForce Hotfix display driver version 551.46 is based on our latest Game Ready Driver 551.23.

This hotfix addresses the following issues:
  • Some users may experience intermittent micro-stuttering in games when vertical sync is enabled [4445940]
  • Potential stutter may be observed when scrolling in web browsers on certain system configurations [4362307]
  • [Red Dead Redemption 2][Vulkan] Stutter observed on some Advanced Optimus notebooks [4425987]
  • [Immortals of Aveum] Addresses stability issues over extended gameplay [4415277]
To be sure, these Hotfix drivers are beta, optional and provided as-is. They are run through a much abbreviated QA process. The sole reason they exist is to get fixes out to you more quickly. The safest option is to wait for the next WHQL certified driver. But we know that many of you are willing to try these out. As a result, we only provide NVIDIA Hotfix drivers through our NVIDIA Customer Care support site.

Click here to download the GeForce Hotfix display driver version 551.46 for Windows 10 x64 / Windows 11 x64.

So that hotfix drivers is for the drivers that support all cards not for the drivers that only support the 4080Super

So that hotfix drivers is for the drivers that support all cards not for the drivers that only support the 4080Super
Hotfixes are complete drivers, it's just tested less. It's for everyone, including 4080S. Doesn't matter which driver you've had installed before.
I have no clue what they were thinking with the 4080S only .31, it's the same damn driver as .23 with support for others ripped out!

Yeah, hotfix drivers contain fixes for all cards (unless otherwise noted).

Not sure the reason why Nvidia creates a duplicate WHQL driver (.23/.31) that supports only a new card but think it is QA related. Sometimes Nvidia releases WHQL drivers that contain fixes for specific gpu issue (ie, RTX 4060 Ti: Display may randomly flicker with a black bar on the top of the screen when using desktop apps [4239893]). Duplicate drivers might be a way to streamline and identify driver issues quickly that are only related to a new product introduction and avoid testing the entire product stack.

Last edited:
GeForce 551.52 WHQL Game Ready Driver

Version: 551.52 WHQL
Release Date: 2024.2.13
Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit, Windows 11
Language: English (US)
File Size: 634.21 MB

Game Ready for Skull and Bones

This new Game Ready Driver provides the best gaming experience for the latest new games supporting DLSS technology including Skull and Bones which features DLSS Super Resolution.

Fixed Gaming Bugs
  • Some users may experience intermittent micro-stuttering in games when vertical sync is enabled [4445940]
  • Red Dead Redemption 2: Stutter observed on some Advanced Optimus notebooks [4425987]
  • Immortals of Aveum: Addresses stability issues over extended gameplay [4415277]
Fixed General Bugs
  • Potential stutter may be observed when scrolling in web browsers on certain system configurations [4362307]

Game Ready Driver Release Notes (v551.52)
Download

Hopefully it remains as a "no log in" setup. If it suddenly shows up in a year requiring my social media or email address to continue, double-F (both hands with middle fingers straight up) everyone at NVIDIA who thought such a thing was necessary.

(Still bitter about GeForce Experience, which started as "log in optional". )

Hopefully it remains as a "no log in" setup. If it suddenly shows up in a year requiring my social media or email address to continue, double-F (both hands with middle fingers straight up) everyone at NVIDIA who thought such a thing was necessary.

(Still bitter about GeForce Experience, which started as "log in optional". )
just more enshittification unfortunately :(

It seems pretty responsive. The thing I instantly hate is it's really pushing the optimize games thing. If you look at per-game settings, it lists the game optimizations before the driver settings. I don't even want to see the recommended game optimizations at all.

1708617800560.png

It seems pretty responsive. The thing I instantly hate is it's really pushing the optimize games thing. If you look at per-game settings, it lists the game optimizations before the driver settings. I don't even want to see the recommended game optimizations at all.
Yep, one of my immediate feedback points is to allow us to disable this - or at least move game's own settings below the driver per game ones.

Yep, one of my immediate feedback points is to allow us to disable this - or at least move game's own settings below the driver per game ones.

Nvidia has been pushing this feature for years now. Do people actually use it? It should be easy to access but not shoved in your face this much.

Back