News & Rumors: Xbox One (codename Durango)

Status
Not open for further replies.
YMMV: Xbox One sans-Kinect for $299.97 @ Costco. Looks like it doesn't come with a game.

e1j6UMt.jpg

Source

Tommy McClain

Picked up my TF controller there when it was $10 under retail. I knew I should have picked up more as they soon went for $60 over retail.

Sadly don't think this is anything more than a normal Costco deal, but I want to think both of the big console sellers would go to that price.

Eric Neustadter, one of the early contributor on the XBox platform and once Xbox Live's Operations Program Manager, leaves Microsoft after 18.5 years (Tweet).

Looks like the same analog pots, but who knows because these teardowns never both identifying stuff like that. That's the most common part to break on the xbox one controller. Guess I'll have to rely on forum reports to get some sense of the failure rate for that price.

XBox One Kinect Bundle with 3 games drops to $400.
(Source: http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/10/psa-xbox-one-kinect-bundle-drops-to-400-w-three-games/)
For more details on this, see the announcement @MajorNelson: http://majornelson.com/2015/10/28/k...mited-time-promotional-offer/?linkId=18319619

This is just $50 more than the current price of non-kinect bundles. Of course this is being named a "limited time promotional offer". I expect this to become the new standard price with the non-kinect system dropping down to $300.

Also of note, the standalone Kinect sensor is now $100, down from $150.

Yeah, at that price can a price cut on the other SKU's be far behind? That's basically a $100 accessory included for "free".

Although with the other $399 SKU's you are getting a terabyte HDD and a triple A game of some sort. With this SKU you get some Kinect games crap. A core gamer will still possibly prefer the former.

I dunno, weird move all around. Kinect fire sale, attempt to boost Kinect's profile, precurser to other price cuts?

They say Cortana digital assistant or whatever is coming to Kinect in 2016. I assume this is Cortana from windows 10 basically. Cool beans, I might actually hook my Kinect up for that. Maybe...

It seems like Amazon has the $399 Kinect + 3 Games bundle up with a bonus of their own. They are throwing in a free 4th game!
Amazon Buy XBox One Get 1 Game Free
* Note, excludes pre-order titles, Halo 5: Guardians & Assassin's Creed: Syndicate

They're also throwing in a $10 discount for Amazon Prime members, so it's $389 for Xbox One + Kinect + 4 Games.

Wal Mart also has an Xbox One Gears Ultimate edition, plus an extra controller, plus Halo 5, for $359.

Crazy deals. They're speculating on GAF MS trying to win October NPD. I doubt all that, but anyway.

I don't know about trying to win October, but they certainly seem to be trying to sell as many copies of Halo as possible to bring in a ton of revenue.

You should see if you can get it replaced. That seems like a defect. Well, at least mine doesn't do it and a few of the people I know that have one don't have buzzing power bricks either. Then again if you are Europe with 220v outlets, perhaps it operates differently there.

Regards,
SB

GameStop

November 2-5: Get a free controller when you buy a new Xbox One.

November 6-8: Buy any new Xbox One bundle. Get an additional game and a wireless controller free.

Now – November 21: Get a $100 credit toward a new Xbox One when you trade in your PS3 (120GB+) or Xbox 360 (250GB+).

Click here for more details.

Best Buy

November 1-5: Get a $50 Best Buy gift card when you buy a new Xbox One.

November 6-7: Buy any new Xbox One bundle. Get an additional game and a $50 Best Buy gift card free.

November 8: Buy any new Xbox One bundle. Get an additional game free.

Amazon

November 2-5: Get Mad Max for free when you buy Xbox One.

November 6-8: Buy any new Xbox One bundle. Get Mad Max for free.

Target

November 1-5: Get a $50 Target gift card when you buy Xbox One.

November 6-7: Buy any new Xbox One bundle. Get an additional game and a $50 Target gift card free. (Online only)

November 8: Buy any new Xbox One bundle. Get an additional game free. (Online only)

For more information about these deals, check out Xbox.com.

http://majornelson.com/2015/11/03/b...-get-an-additional-game-free/?linkId=18473943

Interesting deals. Wonder if it will help?

Tommy McClain

The amazon deal is hilarious. Kind. of. Mad.

LOL Click on the link it goes to the Madden 16 Bundle, but comes with COD Black Ops 3 & Mad Max, but it's $506.78?! The other 5 Mad Max bundles are $400 or less. Weird.

Tommy McClain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back