All purpose Sales and Sales Rumours and Anecdotes [2019 Edition]

Discussion in 'Console Industry' started by TheAlSpark, Feb 4, 2019.

1. bgroovy

Regular Newcomer

Yes, if the console is set as primary for the subscriber. But the count includes people on Vita and PS3, too and free accounts.

2. goonergaz

Veteran

yes, the console is set as primary so technically my kids can play on that one whilst I play on another ps4

DSoup likes this.
  3. DieH@rd

Legend Veteran

Don't equate PS+ with MAU. F2P games such as Fortnite, Apex and many others can be played online for free on PS4, PS+ is not required.

goonergaz and chris1515 like this.
  4. Michellstar

Regular Newcomer

MAU must be counting anyone who logged anytime in a month to the network with a ps account, just like MS i think

JPT likes this.
  5. JPT

JPT
    Veteran

Not what I was doing , I tried to get an idea what MAU includes. Because

1. I assume that there is not 60M active Vita + PS3 users every month. Also if I own a PS3 + Vita + PS4, am I counted as 3 active users if I go online with each device?
    2. It's "logical" that not every PS4 has an active PS+ sub, ref SP games and F2P games etc.

And if users on the same console shared the same PS+ account, then assuming that vita + ps3 numbers are negligible and assuming (again)that there are more active PS+ subs than F2P/SP only gamers on the PS4. Each PS4 has 2.something user accounts on average.

Would be interesting to know if anybody knows what MAU actually includes :)

6. bgroovy

Regular Newcomer

You are conflating PS+ accounts with MAU. The vast majority of PS4 owners will have PSN accounts, not just those who pay for PS+. To be succinct, PS+ has nothing to do with MAU.

DSoup and chris1515 like this.