News & Rumors: Xbox One (codename Durango)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would completely pointless with such games (Loco Roco or Patapon etc). They can look crisp enough at lower than 4k due to their simplified visuals

It would completely pointless with such games (Loco Roco or Patapon etc). They can look crisp enough at lower than 4k due to their simplified visuals
I agree with you there, but I wonder how the game would look if it is upscaled compared to it being native 4k. I think that the difference should be very noticeable even for 2D graphics.

On a different note, these are the 10 best selling games (in millions) on the Xbox One (more than half X1 owners do have Halo TMCC it seems..):

Halo: Master Chief Collection 6.52

Titanfall 2.26

COD: Ghost 2.13

Destiny 1.99

Forza Motorsport 5 1.58

Battlefield 4 1.52

GTA V 1.39

Dead Rising 3 1.16

Watch Dogs 1.13

COD: Advanced Warfare 1.09

I agree with you there, but I wonder how the game would look if it is upscaled compared to it being native 4k. I think that the difference should be very noticeable even for 2D graphics.
It's very noticeable. Instead of an aliased image, you have a crisp smooth image. There is now a wide variety of 4K video (Including cartoons) around which more than demonstrates the difference between 1080p and 4K. When you watching something 4K then go back to 1080p, it's as impactful as going from Blu-ray to DVD. You don't need to be able to be able to see individual pixels to discern the different in clarity between resolutions. What was super sharp, is not less so.

My TV came with a BD-ROM disc with a lot of 4K content on, including 60Hz 4K World Cup footage and some cartoons. 2D images really stand out.

You have no idea how long I've been waiting for the bloody warthog in Forza, and then we just get some silly autovista mode thing in FM4. :|

It'd be a great vehicle for the off-roading or rally mode in FH series.

wow titanfall selling that well on xbox? If only MS allow titanfall xbox to have crossplatform play with PC....

about forza warthog, in FH it will be hilarious fun :p

I really don't know why they have not made it happen, maybe the forza engine does not like 4-wheel steering? I am trying to remember some other cars that have similar setups, but I don't think they are in the game.

But the community has long called for a playable warthog, even saw something across twitter a few days back.

Seems not a little suspicious if MS didn't announce something about the sales, but then they have been getting a lot of flak for the collection being borken.

the collection even with out multiplayer fully working is a great value , your getting 4 great single player games for $60 bucks. I know a lot of people who picked it up figuring that at some point multiplayer will be fixed.

Or it could just be its the best value in gaming around.

Honestly, I don't see anything strange about the fact that more than half of Xbox owners have the MCC. First, at 6 mil or so, I'd still consider them to be early adopters who are most likely hardcore Xbox fans which means they are hardcore Halo fans. Second, I do think many people picked up the MCC as their free game during the holiday promotions. I did, and I haven't been a big Halo fan since Halo 2. I have Halo 3 but never played it more than a little bit. That's part of the reason why I picked up the collection, but I'd imagine that people who were fans would pick it up as well as their "freebie" because why not? It's not like there were a bunch of other real good choices available. Besides, it's almost sacrilegious to own an Xbox and not own Halo.

I will agree that MS is probably not touting the MCC sales because of all the issues. Hell, as recently as month, I got notified that I got a free month of Live as a gift to make up for the fact it was still borked. It's kinda hard to say "Look how well this game is doing in sales!" while at the same time, they are giving away games (was it Reach we'll get for free?), and Live subscriptions to make up for the fact it doesn't actually work very well.

the collection even with out multiplayer fully working is a great value , your getting 4 great single player games for $60 bucks. I know a lot of people who picked it up figuring that at some point multiplayer will be fixed.

The single player was borked a lot too. Missing saves, broke achievements, etc.

$50 price drop on the Kinect bundle, but only for 2 weeks & select retailers starting Feb 8...

http://news.xbox.com/2015/02/xbox-one-kinect-promotion

Tommy McClain

Clearing stock to make way for HDMI 2.0 units. :runaway: /sarcasm for Netflix

I am not far into MCC due to playing on legendary, so I think I am only 1/2 way through Halo CE.

Anyone know how to fix Media Center? My X1 is no longer controlling the Xbox 360 after the last update, so I am just using two controllers for TV.

The single player was borked a lot too. Missing saves, broke achievements, etc.
Actually the updates are what mainly borked my saves. It isn't really that big of a deal though since every level is unlocked from the get go. Some even have mission checkpoints to start from. Even with the match making issues and occasional campaign glitches The MCC is the best example of fan service there is on current gen consoles. You get hundreds of hours of gameplay for $60. Also you get ODST as compensation for the troubles at the beginning as well as a free month of live and a new Halo 2 Anniversary map. In my personal experience the multiplayer has been working near flawlessly since early December.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back