*New* Lost Odyssey Demo Footage + TGS Trailer

Just finished the game yesterday and despite the technical issues the storyline shines through rather well for the title. From beginning to end I found the story to be well paced and develop better than any Eastern rpg I have played for years. I sincerely hope sales are profitable enough to generate a sequel to this title.

Uhm, how long was the game? I hope its good +50 hours atleast with extra bosses that take time to beat. Thats what really made me enjoy old Final fantasies, those extra bosses were hard and took some time to figure out a strategy for them.

Uhm, how long was the game? I hope its good +50 hours atleast with extra bosses that take time to beat. Thats what really made me enjoy old Final fantasies, those extra bosses were hard and took some time to figure out a strategy for them.

Took me 43+ hours to finish the game. I did a moderate amount of side quests but not near all of the ones available.

Took me 43+ hours to finish the game. I did a moderate amount of side quests but not near all of the ones available.

Hehe, some people say it took them +90 hours, but I guess they did all of them. Any mega bosses or are there only the bosses that you need to kill to progress in the story line? 9 days to go before I can pick this one up.

Hehe, some people say it took them +90 hours, but I guess they did all of them. Any mega bosses or are there only the bosses that you need to kill to progress in the story line? 9 days to go before I can pick this one up.

Sakaguchi always throws in a ton of optional mega boss near the end of his games, I think there's something like 8 or 9 optional end-game bosses.

They're usually pretty damned hard though, if it's anything like Blue Dragon anyways.

Sakaguchi always throws in a ton of optional mega boss near the end of his games, I think there's something like 8 or 9 optional end-game bosses.

They're usually pretty damned hard though, if it's anything like Blue Dragon anyways.

Good to hear, thats what I like in JRPG's! :)

I just started Blue dragon and I'm about 3 hours in, so far I'm enjoying the game, perhaps a little bit dull on the fights sometimes but perhaps it gets better or worse later.

still 8 days to go for LO.

Good to hear, thats what I like in JRPG's! :)

I just started Blue dragon and I'm about 3 hours in, so far I'm enjoying the game, perhaps a little bit dull on the fights sometimes but perhaps it gets better or worse later.

still 8 days to go for LO.

My advice on BD is to download the Hard pack from the Japanese marketplace (just make a bogus hotmail account).

If you don't, the battles are ridiculously easy for the entire game, and sortof ruins it.

Hard mode is much better balanced, though it will force you to grind...

Either way, try and stick in it until disc 3, the whole world opens up, you get an airship, and the game really becomes fun at that point.

My advice on BD is to download the Hard pack from the Japanese marketplace (just make a bogus hotmail account).

If you don't, the battles are ridiculously easy for the entire game, and sortof ruins it.

Hard mode is much better balanced, though it will force you to grind...

Either way, try and stick in it until disc 3, the whole world opens up, you get an airship, and the game really becomes fun at that point.

You can't get the difficulty patch from EU/US live? Darn it, was going to download it once I finish it like this first and someday give it a spin on harder difficulty.

I agree that the battles are way too easy. Just had the fight with the big fire bird and he did 0 damage to me. I was hoping he would be big and bad but oh well.

I hope they will release a difficulty patch for LO aswell, it really gives some more replay value.

You can't get the difficulty patch from EU/US live?

Well you couldn't back then, but there's a chance they've brought it over since...

I hope they will release a difficulty patch for LO aswell, it really gives some more replay value

The cool thing about LO is, if you just auto-flee from a few battles in every area, and don't hit the level cap, you can easily boost the difficulty with just a little effort.

Do you really think LO needs to be harder? :oops:

I have not played it yet, but JRPG's all have common problem. They build up and build up that the final boss is a big bad badass, then when you finally get to fight him he's easier than most bosses in the game. Thats obviously because you are way higher level in most cases.

I'll give it a try in 7 days hopefully and see for myself if its too easy or not. I have no doubt in my mind however that LO is plagued with this problem aswell.

I decided to start over blue dragon on hard and its much better now. :)

I beat about 4 of them and didnt find the ones I played to be overly difficult. Much like the storyline bosses its not so much brute force as it is tactics to defeat them.

Sorry for off topic since I didn't want to resurrect who knows how old blue dragon thread but I'm stuck on raging kesu on hard mode, any tips? I can't get out of flying fortress to grind more levels either and it will be painfully slow to level on flying robots 80 exp per fight.. tried atleast 10 times already and even if you slow him down, he's still impossible to kill when he paralyzes 3/5 of your team and attack 3 times in a row before I get a chance to do anything, I think I have done atleast 3000-4000 damage to him and in normal mode he is supposedly only having 2300 hp. If I ever beat this flying fortress, I'll grind my ass off in world map. All out of phoenix talons too, so annoying.

I think I was close to defeating him once when he started using aoe alot but I couldn't get any damage to him before all my chars were dead. :)

I like a challenge but this is becoming a bit too much even for me.

Sorry for off topic since I didn't want to resurrect who knows how old blue dragon thread but I'm stuck on raging kesu on hard mode, any tips? I can't get out of flying fortress to grind more levels either and it will be painfully slow to level on flying robots 80 exp per fight.. tried atleast 10 times already and even if you slow him down, he's still impossible to kill when he paralyzes 3/5 of your team and attack 3 times in a row before I get a chance to do anything, I think I have done atleast 3000-4000 damage to him and in normal mode he is supposedly only having 2300 hp. If I ever beat this flying fortress, I'll grind my ass off in world map. All out of phoenix talons too, so annoying.

I got stuck in this same spot, and I had to grind with the robots by tripping the laser. It sucked.

But, if you can beat the first 3 bosses, Ragin Kesu should definately be doable, make sure to use Shadowa.

Strange question...

Is anyone else having trouble getting the game to tell time properly? I might as well ask my 2 year old niece to load "Last Saved Game." :LOL: I think she'd stand a better chance of picking the right save game! :D

Well finally got the game and its been a fine ride. Anyway it seems to be having the same "problem" as blue dragon, if you retry enough the bosses will become retardedly easy. I like the challenge but some bosses are pain in the ass really. :)

Around 5 hours in and have to continue after the weekend.

I'm picking it up today!
After all those comments, I think I'll love it!
Why do all JRPGs need an airship at some point?!!!?

Sankari, not sure why you're so masochistic, however easy is one of the last words I think of when Lost Odyssey comes to mind! The worms took about eight tries, and it certainly didn't get easier - I just got smarter.

I'm on disc 4 now, trying to work my way through
the backyard. I hear the last guy is tough!

I'm picking it up today!
After all those comments, I think I'll love it!
Why do all JRPGs need an airship at some point?!!!?

Do you want a real answer to that question? If you look back into the design of games from the past you can see the way progress through the story used geographic restrictions on your party's movement. On foot you could only get to certain places. Dungeons lay between certain points. Eventually you might get a boat to open up new continents, but at a certain point you could be given an airship to open the last unaccessible places. It also gave you the freedom to go back anywhere you had been before with the minimum of fuss. Games may not necessarily need the airship from this design perspective anymore (though it's still a handy method), but they're a common RPG trope that developers like to go back to in any case.

Back