*New* Lost Odyssey Demo Footage + TGS Trailer

Well it could be teleportation instead couldn't it?! ;)

Which LO has and uses primarily, via a very nice world map screen with an excellent melody playign in the background.

LO doesn't actually have airships, it has ships, so it's mainly for reaching otherwise unaccesible landing areas. And the ship you recieve early in the game is confined to set areas because it cannot pass through the 'hypercurrent' areas, later on in the game you can upgrade your ship and allow free travel through all the seas.

It also has other neat additions like the ability to submerge and search the sea bed for treasures, or hidden underground caverns.

Like most of the game, it takes traditional RPG elements, polishes them up extremely well, and adds a handful of additonal features.

Sankari, not sure why you're so masochistic, however easy is one of the last words I think of when Lost Odyssey comes to mind! The worms took about eight tries, and it certainly didn't get easier - I just got smarter.

I'm on disc 4 now, trying to work my way through
the backyard. I hear the last guy is tough!

Well call it whatever you want really but I have only had trouble with the first boss, after 2 tries it stopped doing the AOE fight and only attacked normally and it was easy once again. So far I have not had any trouble like this. I guess I am one of those gamers that like a good challenge but I'd say LO is harder than most JRPG's I have played.

Which LO has and uses primarily, via a very nice world map screen with an excellent melody playign in the background.

LO doesn't actually have airships, it has ships, so it's mainly for reaching otherwise unaccesible landing areas. And the ship you recieve early in the game is confined to set areas because it cannot pass through the 'hypercurrent' areas, later on in the game you can upgrade your ship and allow free travel through all the seas.

It also has other neat additions like the ability to submerge and search the sea bed for treasures, or hidden underground caverns.

Like most of the game, it takes traditional RPG elements, polishes them up extremely well, and adds a handful of additonal features.

I'm a few hours into the game and I love it!
The story thus far is very good and I particularly like the dreams. The first boss I encountered took me 4 tries to take him down, so I don't think it's an easy game at least to this point.
The graphics are good, with some ocasional slow downs, but for this kind of game, frame rate is not a problem.
Overall, always up to this point, the game is great! And the music is amazing also!
I bought it together with DMC4 but LO is so good that I haven't even opened the case of dmc!:oops:
Can't wait for some of the things that you mention, like the submerging part!

Whats people's opinion of the dreams? Everyone is saying they are one of the best parts of the game but I can't help myself not to feel disappointed like "Ah damn, not again..." when one of them appears. Granted I don't read books alot so it might be my anti-bookworm-mode screaming but after reading few of them I have only enjoyed one dream about the mercenaries (Don't think this will spoil anything" every game has mercenaries. :p

Whats people's opinion of the dreams? Everyone is saying they are one of the best parts of the game but I can't help myself not to feel disappointed like "Ah damn, not again..." when one of them appears. Granted I don't read books alot so it might be my anti-bookworm-mode screaming but after reading few of them I have only enjoyed one dream about the mercenaries (Don't think this will spoil anything" every game has mercenaries. :p

I've skipped alot as well. I think they're nice depending on what mood your in, sometimes you're up for a good break, and the stories are an excellent way of doing that. Other times you just want to get on with the game, and can skip them.

So it works very well all in all, I've probably skipped about 2/3rds of them, but the ones I have read have been very good, and add a huge amount of depth to the story.

One thing I didn't like though, was that in some cases the characters in the stories don't match the characters in the game at all. For example,
Ming in her story is a person who can anticipate deception by merely lookin in a person's eye, someone who is nearly impossible to decieve, however in the main story she's a moron who gets dethroned by her idiot general.

Basically, the dreams add a lot to the character, who up to were I am in the game has spoken 10 lines or less...
They are very well written as a character point of view. Ofcourse I skipped some of them too, but I plan on reading them at a later time.

Back