Motorstorm: Apocalypse

Same here, big fan of the series and look forward to this one.

Lots of 8's and the odd 9 which is really promising. Theres a 6 from Gamereactor that seems to score most things a 6. Demo downloading ......still 8(

Demo's great! Just 2 laps mind, can't wait to see what carnage unfolds during the 3rd lap in the full game (assuming theres a 3rd lap of course). Image quality is fabulous! MLAA looks to be in motion again. Incredibly busy overall, much like KZ3. Awesome lighting throughout, excellent texture work (especially considering just how much is going on on screen). Framerate is absolutely rock solid 97% of the time i'd say. Plays great. The handling in the car seems a bit more responsive and less....loose? in comparsion to PR and MS1. Ssoo much to enjoy and talk about.

Tried the demo, seems pretty good, though in terms of gameplay I'm not feeling it quite as much yet as with some of the excellent jungle / nature themed tracks in Pacific, but there too some tracks stood out way more than others (though the base level was still very good imho).

In some ways the destructive tracks feel like a step down from something like split second as well, in that you've got no control over any of that stuff - you can't use them to trigger game events strategically.

Other than that though, everything is butter smooth. Pacific Rift really distinguished itself in both the quality and the variation of the tracks. But I can definitely see that some people will favor Pacific Rift over this one, at least in terms of track/art. Really want to try the full game now, and yeah, definitely can see how 3D would help in this game.

The interesting thing is that this is only 1 of 40 unique "levels"........So i'm suire out of them 40, some of which we've seen in vids already, will really wow even more than this. There was one track that starts on a beach if i remember? I dont mind the fact you dont have control over the scripted bits, make it feel more natural (it is an earthquake afterall). The other thing which is interesting is the 1080p screensize. VERY impressive outputting as much as it is @ that size. Though be intersting to see what the exact size is.

As was with the Motorstorm Pacific Rift demo, the MS3 demo did not impress me that much gameplaywise. Sure, the graphics are nice but they also leave a bit of a lukewarm impression after seeing the videos.
But, as with Motorstorm 2, I'm sure the final game will blow my mind graphically and gameplaywise :)
Actually, few demos really impress me enough that I'd buy a game based on demo only, the complete experience is often totally different from the demo. That's why I've started to avoid demos and base my buying decisions on many reviews.

8 in Edge by the way. MS1 they scored it 8, and PR they scored it 7. So promising if Edge is your bible.

Edge could never be my bible, what with MS2 being so much better than MS1 and still scoring less ;) (and about 100 other reviews that I don't agree with Edge with). But Edge is clear in its mission statement - a perfect game that lacks innovation can only score a maximum of 8. MS3 could be worse than PR, but be more innovative with its race customisations (assuming they're still patched in) and online experience points (at least it's new for racing sort of, I guess, in this genre or something ;)) and then in the Edge philosophy still score higher.

looks very clean when I tried the demo, is it upscale to 1080p or running at something like 1280X1080? Looks like MLAA too.

Back