Motorstorm: Apocalypse

But but my times probably are baaaaaaad :)

Yes, they are, for now at least. ;)

Also, patch 1.02 is up. Seems to solve a few issues, though from my experience last night a big part of the issues probably came from the client side of things.

EDIT: played a whole bunch more. Sure hope a lot of you guys get this game when it comes out, this is one of the most fun racing games out there and the 16 player online racing is flawless, with chat and lag-free (at least I haven't seen any lag whatsoever even once).

finished the campaign...great!

after starting to play Crysis 2 on my PC rig, I was astounded that playing MS3 again...its graphics did not shock me..nice looking game with nice lightning especially during evening/afternoon :)

after starting to play Crysis 2 on my PC rig, I was astounded that playing MS3 again...its graphics did not shock me..nice looking game with nice lightning especially during evening/afternoon :)

Yup, something in the sunlight of MS:A reminds me of Crysis 2 everytime I see a video of the track with the NY bridge in it. Maybe they are using similar HDR implementations. Looks really really sweet , that lighting ! :)

Billy Idol said:

I had the same thing with MS2 after God of War 3, half expecting everything too look crap after that but nope, Motorstorm 2 still looked great.

Multiplayer is where it is at though for MS3, great fun and very addictive both online and off.

So is this coming this week for UK/US? I'm just under level 11 now online, having a lot of fun.

Arwin, I've left the PS3 on overnight while it updates to 1.2. What are the changes considering the 200meg file size and bearing in mind I've still not actually played it 8)

So, playing the game and very impressed so far. Upto the Skyline track which looks fabulous, especially with all the sparks in the wrecked tower block, and done the first night track, also looks sweet. Didn't initially feel like MS but as the games progressed, it's starting to shine through. One thing aswell, it's sports glorious image quality, heightened somewhat off the back of Crysis 2.

Arwin, I've left the PS3 on overnight while it updates to 1.2. What are the changes considering the 200meg file size and bearing in mind I've still not actually played it 8)

Mostly online stuff. And the image quality thing (mostly sharpness obviously with 1280x1080xMLAA) stands out against almost anything, not just Crysis 2. ;)

so is anyone purposely forcing 720p?

if so is there anything technically different?

I'm going to try later myself.

Onto the middle tier and it's defo now classic Motorstorm! Fantastic track design, incredible lighting, gratuitous amount of colour and detail, stunning A.I really challenges you, and THAT IQ is simply jaw dropping. Given everything on screen im astonished at the framerate! Technical marvel in my eyes. It's just a puty one a few on B3D have purchased it 8(

Got it , game is great. Best arcade racer since Total Driving. Some screens I took:

vF1kpcTqaL.jpg

HOFtf42eoI.jpg

3gnmPObZFj.jpg

so is anyone purposely forcing 720p?

if so is there anything technically different?

I'm going to try later myself.

Tried it and 1080p mode is, i think quite a bit sharper, and you don't notice things like object pop-in as much. Repeating myself here but this looks just magnificent. I hope the Americans amongst B3D give it a whirl as it's an absolute must buy. The demo was not a very good indication of what the whole package has to offer. Some of the later tracks are just bat sh!t insane!

MS has a history of providing bad demos. THE PR demo was also nowhere as amazing as the full game. I tried the Apocalypse demo, and I get the same feeling. Its just a bad demo, cos all the gameplay videos look astounding and fun !

Why does Evolution always bad market its own games. If someone has only played the demos of Motorstomr, he would think its a mediocre racer whereas the truth is its the best arcade racer around. Its the only title filling up the gap left behind by Burnouts of the PS2 era.

Well, 4 or 5 races left and I must say, I've really enjoyed it. I even had 3 online races last night which where really fun indeed! Ran really well. Had 5th 6th and 3rd place finishes against drivers with much higher levels. The friends comparison times is a bit odd though as it's only displaying the top time only (between friends) and not all friends times.

Back