Motorstorm: Apocalypse

Magnificent! Lighting in the 2nd vid looks stunning! Track designs looks to be just as strong as the previous entries.

I half expect the car in the first video to get swept away by the wind. :) These videos are certainly more impressive than the older ones.

Are they going to show us the Motorstorm user tools ? One of the dev interviews said Evolution is creating editors for the game.

Awesome vids! My hype for the game is back now after watching and it's amazing with the amount of things happening at once.

I half expect the car in the first video to get swept away by the wind. :) These videos are certainly more impressive than the older ones.

Are they going to show us the Motorstorm user tools ? One of the dev interviews said Evolution is creating editors for the game.

If I remember correctly, those are only Editors in terms of setting the conditions for the race (win conditions and such), to create your own race types, not a track editor or anything like that.

I suppose but the dev interview I saw mentioned more than race parameters setting.

Ok, will have to check it out. Looked at the videos just now, and wow. Definitely moved up to a day one purchase. I was doubting a little because I also bought all the previous ones day one and the city setting, but now I'm convinced I want this.

They talked about how they changed their vehicle physics to account for the newer classes, which is understandable. However the thing I'm kinda bothered by is that it's accounted for vehicles flying off ramps, if you see the gametrailers interview where they show supercars dropping out of the air too quickly. It's so quick that supercars don't have much of a chance of making it across large gaps with no bottom.

I just hope the new vehicle classes and changes to the physics don't screw up the existing balance of the previous game. Maybe I'm looking too much into it, and maybe it'll put more focus on memorizing track route for certain cars. I'm just worried that it could be a bit risky for the 3rd installment to make that kinda change.

I hope the rubberband AI is gone or massively toned down at least. I kick ass in the speed events in MS2, with 25 seconds left in the timer when I finish a level 7 speed event (15 required for gold), but races are so frustrating with massive boosts that AI gets when you're in front. I have to replay races a lot of times and it comes down to luck far too often.

I hope the rubberband AI is gone or massively toned down at least. I kick ass in the speed events in MS2, with 25 seconds left in the timer when I finish a level 7 speed event (15 required for gold), but races are so frustrating with massive boosts that AI gets when you're in front. I have to replay races a lot of times and it comes down to luck far too often.
I don't know about you, but for me it was a bitch trying get past all those monster trucks as a motorcycle. The hate and anger I felt almost made me want to throw my controller (something I've never thought about doing before).

I don't know about you, but for me it was a bitch trying get past all those monster trucks as a motorcycle. The hate and anger I felt almost made me want to throw my controller (something I've never thought about doing before).
That's why I like the speed events, just me and the terrain.

Back