Motorstorm: Apocalypse

The game si chaotic like hell ! When the tracks change I almost always crash :LOL: ! There's smoke n dust everywhere I can't see and crash !

Utterly addicting though ! but by the time I start memorising where and what paths open up, the race ends ! Do the same events/tracks repeat later or....?

There are no new tracks in pro and veteran mode but the old ones are going to be different. Another daytime ,different weather, some new sections open , sometimes backwards, other events triggering etc.
I think only the final "mission" races in each mode have their own tracks.

Edit: Uploaded a new vid : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-P2Sq4ZXjgc

Last edited by a moderator:
I wqas very skeptical about this new MS, cos of moving to city and all that. Initially I kept missing the nature tracks of PR a lot but now that I have completed the rookie campaign I can say: THIS IS THE BEST MOTORSTORM TILL DATE !!!

The game is fantastic, hooks you completely and I don't think I can go for any other "Tame" racer any more ! The first time they show u "Skyline" was just jaw dropping ! Its absolute chaos !!! I just kept crashing everywhere but was still grinning ear to ear :p !

b7iant.jpg

x6fp0l.jpg

icokk3.jpg

51a5ut.jpg

Here I tried to record my first race in Skyline, I was expecting the chaos that ensued :LOL: ! I stopped recording as I was crashing too much, but I think thats the spirit of MS !

Heh heh, I'm back on the MotorStorm hype train. Didn't like the third one because it's just a respin of the second one. Apparently, they have added more goodies to MS3. I'll bite !
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...-update-mode-editor-steering-wheels-and-move/

Steering wheel and obligatory 3D support swayed me...

Design Your Own Game Modes
The new Mode Editor allows you to create your own fun game modes within the MotorStorm template and then play them straight away with other players (online and offline).

Up Your Game With a PS3 Steering Wheel or PlayStation Move
PlayStation Move controllers and certain PS3 steering wheels are now fully supported in MotorStorm Apocalypse (including customizable configurability options), so you can get even closer to the racing action with a more tactile and realistic control set-up.

[Other features]

So we can drive with Move now? Won't that be kindof weird? Move is more of a pointing device, you know, the way it is held in one hand.

Apparently not yet. The device is detected, the Move warning screen is shown, and the Move can synchronise, but you cannot use it anywhere yet, which is a little weird. But apparently it's coming right after ... (there's a comment about it on the blog)

I think although it may seem a little weird, I've been driving with the sixaxis function a lot, and I look forward to seeing the Move controller implemented for this - it should work pretty well (I've been thinking that a 3D version of Trials HD type controls could work with the Move pretty well also).

The support for wheels was in there in last update as well by the way, I've been using my DF Pro a lot already since launch, basically. I'm guessing there's now just more config options for it to customise or something like that.

And wasn't 3D display support in there since launch already also? I think this is probably 3D support for the picture capture part, as firmware 3.70 includes support for taking 3D in-game screenshots.

3gnmPObZFj.jpg

I know to go pretty ot, but why game like resistance 3 can't reach the same quality of explosion considering how more expensive is the resolution on MT? :???: Jeez resistance 3 could be fantastic with those effects indeed the crappiness seen until now...

Apparently not yet. The device is detected, the Move warning screen is shown, and the Move can synchronise, but you cannot use it anywhere yet, which is a little weird. But apparently it's coming right after ... (there's a comment about it on the blog)

I think although it may seem a little weird, I've been driving with the sixaxis function a lot, and I look forward to seeing the Move controller implemented for this - it should work pretty well (I've been thinking that a 3D version of Trials HD type controls could work with the Move pretty well also).

The support for wheels was in there in last update as well by the way, I've been using my DF Pro a lot already since launch, basically. I'm guessing there's now just more config options for it to customise or something like that.

And wasn't 3D display support in there since launch already also? I think this is probably 3D support for the picture capture part, as firmware 3.70 includes support for taking 3D in-game screenshots.

Arwin, do you have the source link ? What else did they talk about ?

3D support is there since day 1 ! but I got the monitor 2-3 weeks ago. 8^P

Wheel support is significant for me. Didn't know they added it in the last update.

Great Scott ! Those images look crazy !

MotorStorm boss feared Apocalypse failure "might be the end" of Evolution
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...calypse-failure-might-be-the-end-of-evolution

Matt Southern, Evolution Studios group game director, has revealed his fear that the troubled launch and subsequent commercial failure of MotorStorm Apocalypse "might be the end" of the Sony-owned developer.

Originally due for release on 18th March, PS3 racer MotorStorm Apocalypse was delayed by Sony due to "parallels" between its setting and the earthquake that devastated Japan earlier that month.
So, despite being praised as "the best MotorStorm yet" in its Eurogamer eight-out-of-ten review, major retailers cancelled pre-orders, its rescheduled release debuted at a disappointing 17 in the UK charts, and the game was eventually canned outright in Japan.

Two major UK racing game studios, Black Rock and Bizarre Creations, were closed by Disney and Activision respectively in 2011 due to poor sales.

Once RC was given the green light, Southern revealed, "we all started to pick ourselves up and get excited about it. We're not out of it yet, [but] things are turning round, I think. The studio's really, really buzzing now."

Thank Sony for that one, would have been a shame to lose all of those great developers. Now at least my personal favorite still stands. I loved all three of the games.

Yap ! Very glad they added wheel support to Apocalypse. I am thinking of moving my wheel setup home now. It seems that my son loves driving games. My wife found out about the wheel when she saw the box anyway.

Back