Mirror's Edge video (looks hot)

Just played the demo and it's great. It is kinda short, but gives you a tutorial for the moves and combat as well as that mission which has been in all the videos with the bag hand off. I had no trouble getting a handle on the free running, but the combat is a little more difficult.

Just finished the PSN demo. Was good fun but a lot of trial and error which i didnt mind but some will. Graphics arnt as good as i was hoping, havent seen jaggies as bad as this for ages!

Just finished the PSN demo. Was good fun but a lot of trial and error which i didnt mind but some will. Graphics arnt as good as i was hoping, havent seen jaggies as bad as this for ages!

DOn't think there's any AA. The reason the jaggies look bad is because of the light and dark colours contrasted against one another.

Played through the demo a couple of times. Visuals aren't anything amazing. The lack of AA is painful. It's a cool concept but there's nothing about it that speak "gotta play this!" to me. I'm sure a PC with settings maxed out would make it look cool. It's trying to have very clean defined lines which just end up getting butchered by the lack of AA. Gonna has to pass on this.

Wow! bu..but all the videos always showed amazing graphics :???: Why aren't they amazing now?
Will have to check by playing it tonight, but I wasn't expecting this response at all, considering their unique art I thought the graphics would bowl over people.....

I liked the demo and the ambiance of the game, the jaggies didn't bother me at all, I actually did not notice when I played it, compared to GTA4 which I do notice the jaggies on.

I liked the demo and the ambiance of the game, the jaggies didn't bother me at all, I actually did not notice when I played it, compared to GTA4 which I do notice the jaggies on.

What system are you playing on? is there any diference between the PS3 and 360 versions?

What system are you playing on? is there any diference between the PS3 and 360 versions?

I played it on the PS3, I am not saying that there is no jaggies, I just didn't notice them while playing. I was to occupied with playing to notice them, which I'm for some reason not when playing GTA4.

Wow! bu..but all the videos always showed amazing graphics :???: Why aren't they amazing now?
Will have to check by playing it tonight, but I wasn't expecting this response at all, considering their unique art I thought the graphics would bowl over people.....

Maybe it's because when you play it you're viewing the complete unaltered image and if you have a nice big TV with a nice HD picture you'll notice stuff more? Could be that or maybe because it's a demo and it's improved since?

It's one of the most amazing looking games out this year. Beautiful artstyle and the execution is pretty incredible. Looks amazing on my TV, and looked amazing on the 50inch Tv's at the Eurogamer Expo in London (all PS3...and I did comment on the jaggies there...but I can live with them)- everyone was gushing over it. One of the few games to look great on a big screen. I've heard it doesn't look great in SD.

Last edited by a moderator:
The 360 version seems to have a bit more AA but it's still noticeable. The most annoying thing (on both versions) are the lines on the objects moving back n' forth, up and down. Is this is a result of aliasing? The game PQ is all about being clean and defined and the lack of AA really hurts that. Overall, the gameplay doesn't do anything for me.

The 360 version seems to have a bit more AA but it's still noticeable. The most annoying thing (on both versions) are the lines on the objects moving back n' forth, up and down. Is this is a result of aliasing? The game PQ is all about being clean and defined and the lack of AA really hurts that. Overall, the gameplay doesn't do anything for me.

I really don't think the jaggies hurt it. Everyone who is not technically aware is blown away with it. That's the impression I got from the Expo. It was the publics favorite game according to Eurogamer.

I really don't think the jaggies hurt it. Everyone who is not technically aware is blown away with it. That's the impression I got from the Expo. It was the publics favorite game according to Eurogamer.

I can't speak for everyone but the jaggies are clearly visible and a problem in my setup. The moving lines are actually worse but I think that's due to aliasing. All that aside, the gameplay is creative but doesn't do anything for me, which is really the key.

Back