Mirror's Edge Catalyst

any news on the console spec? 900p? 1080p? 30 fps or 60 fps?

I'm guessing 1080p30 for Ps4 and 900p30 for X1 like almost every other FB3 30 fps game. Might be 1080p30 on both consoles, who knows?

For the love of god please be 1080p, upscale would look terrible for a building heavy game and if NFS can do it so can this.

ME:C is using enlighten like Battlefront for GI, article: http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/04...shots-showing-lighting-environments-and-more/
Mirror’s Edge: Catalyst has a day/night cycle.
  • The game uses a real-time indirect lighting solution by Geomerics that has been used in Frostbite engine since Battlefield 3.
  • Each streaming has it own Enlighten database including:
  • 1 Lightmap (Atlas up to 2048*2048) for large static objects.
  • Lightprobes (L2 spherical harmonics) for dynamic and small objects.
  • GI data for relighting.
  • Between 5 and 15 MB.

Images

Completely off
Clipboard26.jpg

On
Clipboard27.jpg

Closeup of Faith
Clipboard122.jpg

Looks lovely :)

This has slipped to June [dev blog post]

That is why we will give ourselves a bit more time to perfect the game, with a new release date for Mirror’s Edge Catalyst of June 7th (NA) and June 9th (EU)​

Based on the beta I've been playing the past few hours the overall mechanics are pretty robust..needs some polish here and there (build must be old thought). Can't really judge graphics yet given that there are tons of low res assets in there to get the download package as small as possible (super lower res videos everywhere). Surprised that they are aiming for 60fps on consoles thought. Looks like 720p on Xbox (probably 900p on PS4 but not sure because it looks identical to the Xbox version based on the direct feed screenshots I've seen of this version). Let's see if there's going to be as much bitching about the IQ compared to Quantum Break because there are tons of temporal artifacts (motion blur+ temporal AA+ CA) when moving the camera and everything settles down when you stop...AO quality is horrible tho...(QB's AO is stellar..but then it's running at 30fps..so trade-oft..)

Oh..and the shittiest cubemap ever..
ToCD24J.jpg

Last edited:
Ewww, beta looks disgusting as hell. It may run at 60fps but that's 60 butt ugly frames per second, I really don't see the point of doing that. Sigh, might check out the Neo version first "if there will be one" before making a purchase.

Cutscenes might be 30 fps, don't see the need to have 60 fps cutscenes for this.

Back