Mirror's Edge video (looks hot)

The environment looks SWEET ! Finally this gen is turning into what this Gen should be ! ;)
They will need a lot of variation in puzzles and tricks Faith can pull off to make the game long and still interesting. By the end of this short video we can already guess what she is going to do next: Jump over it , slide from below, jump and hang, climb. I liked the looking back while holding a ledge view, was natural !

This always reminds me of Assasin's Creed. Pretty to look at. Will wait on review on what actual gameplay is like. Also, it's DICE, so bugs and glitches guaranteed?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, no music in the live gameplay. I hope they blend that in eventually. To me it feels very empty without it.

Some info on Mirror's Edge theme music:
http://www.music4games.net/Features_Display.aspx?id=285

M4G: Many have been impressed by the soundtrack from the Mirror’s Edge trailer. Who is the soundtrack composer for Mirror’s Edge? Will you be supervising this soundtrack and will the Battlefield: Bad Company audio team be working on this project as well?

David Möllerstedt: The track in the Mirror’s Edge video is a part of the soundtrack for the game specifically commissioned by DICE. All we can say at the moment is that it is produced by well-known music industry producers. More information will be available closer to the launch of Mirror’s Edge.

Magnus Walterstad is the Audio Director for Mirror’s Edge and the soundtrack is his brain child.

When I first saw this game back at Playstation Day, I was fairly skeptical; I'd been let down (massively) by Assassin's Creed, so I approached Mirror's Edge with a cynical eye.
However, I'm watching the developer demo the game on IGN's livewire episode and, man, the game looks awesome!
I hadnt expected there to be real tension that followed so many of the jumps, so watching this developer dying again and again as tried to nail the more high risk jumps was very refreshing.

And the aesthetics of this game; there's something about the music played in the trailers that makes the elements of the world--the lighting, motion blur, soft, light colours and blue sky, the tall buildings and sense of verticality-- extremely cohesive.
I understand that sterility and conformity are major motif's in the storyline of the game, but the world just looks so rich and inviting. I have a feeling this game is going to be a resounding success with the people willing to play it; it's now my most anticipated game of fall/holiday season.

My only worry is how well they balance platforming with first person melee stuff; I hope that isnt overused, the platforming itself generates enough excitement and tension, the melee and shooting aspects ought to be used lightly.

What's the music at trailer ?.. Playing the trailer over and over again just for the music ... I need that , anybody knows where to find it?..

Do you know Spanish ? I have seen the part 2 walkthrough before. Just wondering if there are new information.

A lot of it is stuff we already know, like about the red coloring. He shows that you can turn off assistance, you get to see how combat and controls work, more or less.

There's a new level, which is in the sewers, and it gives a good idea of how much platforming the game has, and how it works. It plays a lot like a first-person Sands of Time, apparently. The controls may be a bit finicky: the guy plummets to his death more than once.

Wow that's a long one. All I want to know is when will the game come out ? I saw some date like 31st Dec but I think that's just a placeholder.

Yeah, I agree. I love the colors, so different from most fpx games!

Hmm... the game looks a little tough to me now. I see the player missing her grip quite often. I hope it's just timing. Can't handle complicated button combination here.

I'm sure the devs wont make it so hard that the learning curve is unreasonable for the majority of players to mount. I mean have you ever played a game that was too hard? maybe a couple ancient rpgs but other than that I've never really ran into to a hard game.

The hardest ? Warhawk, but that's because I have always been lousy at 3D flight games.

If it's not for the auto-combo feature, I probably can't complete DMC4 too.

Back