Mirror's Edge video (looks hot)

Is there a club for people who've watched this trailer more than 30 times......and can I join it? ;)

I thought I heard rumbling's of an '08 release for this game, anyone know when it's supposed to arrive?

Count me in. I am really happy they have a different interpretation of first person games. It looks fresh. Can't wait to try this one. I wonder if they will add more acrobatic moves to the game (e.g., back flips, somersaults, cartwheel, ...) for style points, or is it based on fastest time only ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Dunno, am I the only one who thinks the first-person perspective with the flailing arms is irritating and annoying?

Like the generic feel of the trailer though

Mirror's Edge interview + preview: http://www.psbeyond.com/previews/Mirrors-Edge-Preview-Exclusive-Interview.707.html

While there isn’t a fundamental HUD on-screen at any time, there is however a reticle which wasn’t seen in the gameplay video present. The reticle is used as both an aiming crosshair and a focal point, to prevent motion sickness when up on those high buildings. The controls have been simplified for the context in which you play, the up button for instance enables Faith to traverse over different obstacles and controls leaping, jumping, and zip-lining. The down button however, controls other manoeuvres such as somersaults and flips. While in many games, having guns is vital, in Mirror’s Edge they can hinder the overall feel of the gameplay, depending on the weight of the gun, Faith will react differently and become slower and possibly lethargic. After a weapon’s ammo is used the gun is thrown away in order to maintain the momentum needed for leaping from building to building.

We have to ask, will there be any multiplayer, either online or off?

We don't have a traditional multiplayer game but as I said above there are other modes of play that we'll talk about in the near future.

It could be argued that for a game of Mirror’s Edge’s scale, something has to give, namely length. Is this reflected (excuse the unintentional pun) in the length of the single-player mode?

Well the game is actually pretty large, it had to be because Faith is able to move so quickly. A first playthrough (dependant on the players skill level) should take around 10-12 hours. However we have actually designed the game to enable it to be played very quickly indeed, if you are skilled with the moves and are more familiar with the levels. So on repeat playthrough I would expect the time to drop dramatically and I would be very happy about it!

Good, they are starting to fill in the unknowns...

[gt]35999[/gt]

The trailer reveals the backstory of the game.

I would like to see more of the gameplay, as in someone playing it coz I think it can get really disorienting as to where to go next and how to pull off a fight properly with this view of hands in front of the camera. Looks gorgeous and fresh in colour scheme and graphics.

looks hot!

I love games with a sense of height and motion like that. if the story holds up and the mechanices are sound (as seamless as say Assassins Creed was) then I can see keeping this for a while.

I don;t know how repetative it would become but if it has a timed mode that encourages you to beat it faster and faster i could see some replay there.

I have not had a game give me a sense of vertigo since the Playstation 1 -with what was it- Jumping Flash? whatever it was I loved it.

New Mirror's Edge in-game video !

[gv]19906[/gv]

(I am wondering if the game can be played with a motion sensing device)

Hmm, the music in this game is phenomenal. I recently watched memento and the soundtrack seems very similar to me, but most certainly less "up beat". Listen (watch) the last 2mins of the movie...also Leonard says "we all need mirrors to remind ourselves who we are". Seems pretty coincidental to me. But as always, a sanity check doesn't hurt :rolleyes:

Don't have Momento :(

The entire segment seems pretty well put together. I hope they take enough time to polish the entire game. I don't need another Lair or Assassin's Creed here.

Back