Last of Us [PS4]

is there news about 3D stereo in last of us?
in Uncharted 3 it have 3D stereo but lowers the quality so much.

i just got a 3DTV that flicker like 60Hz CRT monitor (and noone on my family can see the flicker, its just me, im imagining thigs! haha)

I don't think they promised 3D, not when I was active. It's one of the first things I googled when I came back

I'm hoping the PS4 version has it ! ;-)

hmm, cant sony handle the 3D conversion? Like Nvidia make "3D Vision compatibility patch"
100% of the PS3's resources are going into rendering that world in 2D. A conversion to 3D would halve the graphics, whether resolution, framerate, or what's on screen (actually one of framerate or res needs to be halved too as otherwise you still have 2x the drawing cost). These machines weren't designed for 3D and don't really have the power to pull it off along with AAA++ graphics. If the interest in 3D is also very niche (ND possibly have stats on how many players used 3D), then the investment isn't justified.

AGH thanks shifty, im completely forgot that 3D kills performance like a hungry dinosaur.

btw i just read EG Preview of TLoU. Joel have

superman-vision
:(

Mod: Add
tags around spoilers.

Seems like some sort of real time instant radiosity variant, maybey they render he albedo of mateirals from the flashlight's POV when generating the shadowmap and some algorithim places a bunch of point lights around the scene agregating bouced light from there. Looks flickery as intant radiosity usually does, and seems like all bounced light was made very dim because of that. I could be completely wrong though.

that flashlight is the horror :D

btw if there movable physics object on TLoU, maybe some gamer with time to spare will make shadow art :D :D

Probably better from a financial point of view too. March is gonna do some proper nasty things to my wallet, so an additional month worth of recovery is appreciated.

Back