Last of Us [PS4]

This so reminds me of a Greg Bear book, Darwins Radio I think. Alien spores land on Earth and quickly consume most of it. Absorbing life and creating new alien life from it.

It seems pretty obvious that it is a survival horror game. I remember a good amount of forum goers have been asking for more survival horror titles, a short time ago. It sounds like a lot of people will get their wish.

I hope its something in the vein of Heavy Rain or something, some kindof take on adventure gaming, something very lonely, very atmosphere heavy with slow gameplay.

There was a post on NeoGaf noting the use of the video and images of the ant being assaulted by the Cordyceps fungus.

The conjecture is that the game will feature a story based around a similar kind of mind-controlling mutant fungus that attacks and kills humans. Sounds like a fantastic concept to me, and i hope its handled with care with an execution that does the concept justice.

I hope it is a MOVE exclusive game, using all the functionality of the device in clever and meaningful ways.

I do find it humerous that both here and on Gaf, some gamers balk at the idea of Sony making a Move exclusive AAA core game (as though it won't be up to their normally excellent first party standards) and yet praise games like Zelda Skyward Sword to the high heavens. Zelda is awesome with the Wii motion plus, and i don't see why Sony's stable of first party devs won't be able to craft an equally awesome experience using the advanced functionality of the Move controller.

Zombie or post-war apocalyptic.

Sounds intriguing.

Perhaps they will fulfill the intention of the original dead island trailer (of which the actual game failed miserably to represent in any meaningful way).

Looool

:LOL:

I know the game isn't a serious or emotion evoking as that trailer represented, but its still a majorly fun frolic. I'm having a blast with it currently anyways.

Although i do agree that a zombie/infected type survival horror game with more serious and emotion provoking tone and narrative would be a refreshing break fromt the norm.

Basically, AMC's "The Walking Dead - The Game". It would be all kinds of awesome :D

Hopefully it'll be the PS3 Alan Wake style game. With the move controller being the torch etc.

Hopefully it'll be the PS3 Alan Wake style game. With the move controller being the torch etc.

Yes yes, a fire/Olympian torch would be great. Regular flashlight is not so interesting since Alan Wake has done it.

The dynamite in Deadmund's Quest is fun too.

Some good puzzles to solve with my wife will be appreciated too.

Btw, that trailer tells me nothing at all. -_-

TLOU_image_2.jpg

Hmmm...I like that a bit. Was expecting a more sombre tone though.

According to Geoff Keighley, everything shown during the VGAs will be in-engine, but there's no way that screenshot is in-engine!

TLOU_image_2.jpg

Hmmm...I like that a bit. Was expecting a more sombre tone though.

that looks like a cannon/large gun) in the top left hand corner - also some odd looking 'lightning' effect (could be dodgy branches but I don't think so)

also notice the odd blue-haze thing to the right of the work 'last'? might be just coincidence tho

I can definitnely see the blue splotch in the middle of the pic.

I'm not getting the cannon/gun in the top left though. Are you sure you're not just confusing the shapes of the leaves there?

Back