Intel ARC GPUs, Xe Architecture for dGPUs [2022-]

Why would Intel try to reverse engineer any of Nvidia's interfaces when it means playing by their rules ?
Because they can't offer developers as good a deal, they can compensate with more money but it might be cheaper to be able to use the same interface for a drop in replacement. No need to reverse engineer once NVIDIA stops being coy and releases the new DLSS without NDA, can just look at UE/Unity. Of course if it's patent encumbered that won't help.

I didn't say Intel was using the NPU, I said there was a good opportunity for them to do it. As for whether it's possible, Microsoft suggests it in the DirectSR documentation.

I'm not sure what Phoronix is testing, they haven't listed much detail. From the Windows gaming reviews I had seen (such as AT), the performance was 15-20% higher than 780M in most cases. Have you come across a good Windows gaming review which shows better? I'd like to explore further.

Strix Point does seem memory bandwidth limited as they didn't increase the memory speed. While it certainly might be appreciably better at lower power levels as they could clock lower, the absolute performance increase to me is a bit underwhelming tbh.

I'm not sure what Phoronix is testing, they haven't listed much detail. From the Windows gaming reviews I had seen (such as AT), the performance was 15-20% higher than 780M in most cases. Have you come across a good Windows gaming review which shows better? I'd like to explore further.

Strix Point does seem memory bandwidth limited as they didn't increase the memory speed. While it certainly might be appreciably better at lower power levels as they could clock lower, the absolute performance increase to me is a bit underwhelming tbh.
Are we looking at the same AnandTech review?
Ryzen AI HX 370 IGP is beating 7940HS IGP by
CoH: 23 %
Cyberpunk: 69 %
F1 23: 25,6 %
Returnal: 57,6 %
TW:WH3: 43,4 %
Average: 43,8 %
Despite having 7W lower TDP. Heck, it's beating even the desktop parts with 65W silly

Are we looking at the same AnandTech review?
Ryzen AI HX 370 IGP is beating 7940HS IGP by
CoH: 23 %
Cyberpunk: 69 %
F1 23: 25,6 %
Returnal: 57,6 %
TW:WH3: 43,4 %
Average: 43,8 %
Despite having 7W lower TDP. Heck, it's beating even the desktop parts with 65W silly

You're right, looks like my memory is off. The performance is a fair bit better and a lot more power efficient as you note. Well Lunar Lake definitely has it's work cut out then.

Back